5kaven5lave

So, upcoming saturday, the skaven of clans Morskitt, will be taking arms up against an unknown enemy force (My eshin spies have been doing their jobs poorly, the only thint they found out, is that the enemy force may be some kind of elves, sadly they weren’t fery certain about that information)

But with our-our new rule-toys this’ll be going to be very interesting-fun.

Yes-yes let loose-release the weapon teams,

uahahaha!!!

Andyways here’s the list I’ll be using this saturday:

Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Fulrik the mad (120)
Warlock Bombardier
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey seer rattersnak (240)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell - Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Fulriks very trustworthy (for a skaven) apprentices (120)
Warlock Bombardier
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
UNITS
The black furred gnawers of the deep warrens (200)
40 x Clanrats - Rusty Blade
Raknak’s backstabbing Backstabbers (200)
The tunneler (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder
The Squigburner (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The man-things scorcher (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The Dead-thing maker (60)
1 x Ratling Gun
The holemaker (60)
1 x Ratling Gun
Not worthy of-of title, yet-yet (60)
1 x Ratling Gun
The red guard (400)
40 x Stormvermin - Halberd & Shield
The Messenger of Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!! (150) *
  1 x Doomwheel
The wheel of Doooooom!! (150)
1 x Doomwheel
 TOTAL: 1980/2000 WOUNDS: 177
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

*Now I’m just hoping that I wrote enough o’s, to imitate a skaven scream-squeaking doom, while driving a Doomwheel.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 8:06 AM, Cosmicsheep said:

Do we think that the Hidden Weapons Team ability will allow the weapons teams to appear closer than the usual 9" away? It would be kinda pointless if not. 

No, I don’t think there’s any skirting the 9” rule.

Sorry, not sorry, for double post.

Subject - Rules clarification for Look Out Sir!  (LOS) - will change to only effecting Hero’s with 10 or less wounds.

So Skaven rule - Lead From the Back Rules as written (RAW) - same as the LOS! Rule - but applies to melee weapons.

So right *Now*, before any clarifications happen - ourthe Grey Seer on Screaming Bell - per RAW we apply the -1 to hit our bell when our bell is attacked in melee and we have other troops in 3”.  

We expecting to lose that?

18 hours ago, Coyote said:

No, I don’t think there’s any skirting the 9” rule.

RAW "At the start of your shooting phase, you can reveal 1 or more hidden Weapon Team units. If you do so, set up each hidden Weapon Team unit wholly within 3" of the unit it was hiding in and more than 3" from any enemy units"

There is no limitation besides outside of 3" so coming out of a warpgrindered unit will put teams within 6" or even closer if you just moved closer to a unit.

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 2

That is kind of nice. As of now we can also use a kind of piggyback tactic sending a unit of clanrats or stormvermin through the gnawhole or with a wargrinder and have a weaponteam hidden in there as well.

In the long term perspective I expect the warpgrinder-team to be gone in the next skaven battletome after this update.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:36 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

So, upcoming saturday, the skaven of clans Morskitt, will be taking arms up against an unknown enemy force (My eshin spies have been doing their jobs poorly, the only thint they found out, is that the enemy force may be some kind of elves, sadly they weren’t fery certain about that information)

But with our-our new rule-toys this’ll be going to be very interesting-fun.

Yes-yes let loose-release the weapon teams,

uahahaha!!!

Andyways here’s the list I’ll be using this saturday:

Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Fulrik the mad (120)
Warlock Bombardier
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
Grey seer rattersnak (240)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell - Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Fulriks very trustworthy (for a skaven) apprentices (120)
Warlock Bombardier
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
UNITS
The black furred gnawers of the deep warrens (200)
Raknak’s backstabbing Backstabbers (200)
The tunneler (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder
The Squigburner (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The man-things scorcher (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The Dead-thing maker (60)
1 x Ratling Gun
The holemaker (60)
1 x Ratling Gun
Not worthy of-of title, yet-yet (60)
1 x Ratling Gun
The red guard (400)
40 x Stormvermin - Halberd & Shield
The Messenger of Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!! (150) *
  1 x Doomwheel
The wheel of Doooooom!! (150)
1 x Doomwheel
 TOTAL: 1980/2000 WOUNDS: 177
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

*Now I’m just hoping that I wrote enough o’s, to imitate a skaven scream-squeaking doom, while driving a Doomwheel.

How did it go?

21 hours ago, Laststand said:

How did it go?

Well, it was a ton of fun,

My frenemy was playing old dark elve style har kuron, with both morathi’s leading the army, and of course 10bowsnakes.

thankfully My friend was interested in seeing how good this new rule of the hidden weapon team is and so gave me the chance to reroll the battleplan twice.

the first battleplan we were supposed to play, didn’t allow any reserve units to arrive, and the second one would have just been an auto win for him, with three places of arcane power.

So we instead played forcing the hand.

Well my Strategy was to well bombard my frenemy with a ton of fire power turn 1, but he really just screened me off extremely well.

The only thing that would have died in his army, would have been his 3 units of 10 druchi spears,

so I instead choose to wait with bringing my stormvermins up, this ended up as a terrible idea though, although I was able to reduce the size of his bow snakes to 5, sadly not by much more, rolled a ton of 1s on the damage.

Well this battle really wasn’t my luckiest😅.

For example my frenemy got the double turn twice and denied me the chance ones, in other words he literally one every single rolloff.

and Morathi-khaine is no joke on herself.

Skaven in total have a hard time fighting her, afterall with here doing 30 or more damage per combat phase, this can really hurt a lot, especially, when the skaven can’t do more then 3 damage to it, and well he knew that.

So to keep his lines protected from my rats, Morathi, went in and just basically destroyed everything in the 5 turn we played.

At least I was able to destroy his 2x 20 darkshards with my flamers, which was a lot of fun,

since it was basically a guessing game for him, were those sneaky ****** were, (and he really just always chose the wrong target😂)

So here are my thoughts:

Against morathi, we will still struggle a lot, even with the new rules, but that really isn’t much I would want to worry about, After-all, we technically have gotten a ton of good new tools, that gives us a huge advantage over factions, like tzeentch, cities (without morathi) Kharadron overlords, realmlords and especially against the lizard-things (burned skinks for day’s, yai)

I could also see us do quit ok-ish against the fyreslayers, although those guys could really use a nerf, at least the hearthguard berserker part of the army, (or just the battailon).

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Oh btw! I tried 5 rattling guns + 2 warpfires against OBR. Warpfire were amazing, both destroyed themselves after they fired the first time, took out 14-15 mortek guards in each unit (20 in both units)…rattling was shait, as I already knew😂 4s n 4s with only rerolling hits does not beat stormfiend rattling guns:/

Edited by Darkhan

59 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Oh btw! I tried 5 rattling guns + 2 warpfires against OBR. Warpfire were amazing, both destroyed themselves after they fired the first time, took out 14-15 mortek guards in each unit (20 in both units)…rattling was shait, as I already knew😂 4s n 4s with only rerolling hits does not beat stormfiend rattling guns:/

I’ll have to try it out myself.

without my general (who died through a lucky shot, from my opponent) I wasn’t really much able to use them.

Still 180 points for dealing a good amount of damage really isn’t that bad, especially when you’ve still got a good amounts of points left to spend on other stuff

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’ll have to try it out myself.

without my general (who died through a lucky shot, from my opponent) I wasn’t really much able to use them.

Still 180 points for dealing a good amount of damage really isn’t that bad, especially when you’ve still got a good amounts of points left to spend on other stuff

They just never work for me like I want to haha..I tend to roll a lot of 1s, yes, I even rolled double one that game with overcharged shooting haha.

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

6+ ward save with a plague priest?

do you mean the battailon with the priest on a furnace,

Or are we talking about some newish buffs that all kind of priest can put out in the new edition??

New:)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/07/cause-more-magical-mayhem-in-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-with-these-prayers-and-endless-spells/

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Darkhan said:

Yeah I wouldn't take more than 3 ratlings personally. They need support to do damage. Overseer of destruction and a spark on one for +1 dmg and they will do work. I also like sending one through a gnawhole if my opponent leaves something squishy open.

The warpfire teams will definitely see the most play with the new hidden team rules.

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well Night runners just became a lot less interesting 

As screens yes, but they often made up their points for me just by being on an objective before the game starts. 25mils will also be hurt somewhat less by this than larger base sizes. Just when I thought rat ogors were going to see some play 😢

48 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

The main issue will be board control to prevent any kind of deep striking in my opinion. Especially with large cheap units you will now cover a lot less ground. 

44" by 60" now, so will help some:)