Current State of the Armies

Overread

Updated the first post after the weekend events. I've removed the Aelf listings in general including Wanderers and Darkling Covens since its quite apparent that what we've got left of the Aelves is getting wrapped up into the Free Cities book. 

Updated a few rumours into the first post, also added a model warning for the Gutbuster and Beastclaw model lines since with Ogors likely fast approaching as a tome release, any of the finecast/metal models are potentially "at risk" in going out of production. Nothing is certain nor known at this stage, save that a new Tyrant in plastic is coming.

Updated with the Feast of Bones release information. Also updated the battletome count. Including FW armies there's now 20 2.0 Battletomes and only 4 old tomes and 1 army without a tomb. Accepting that Everchosen (old) and Slaves to Darkness (never) get combined that only means 4 more battletomes for AoS to move fully to 2.0 for existing armies.

• LOVE IT! 3

Performed a general update. Put a note about FW  removing Tamurkhan which likely puts his subfaction army into very risky territory in the long run; however chances are it will be fine for the rest of 2.0 unless GW specifically focuses attention on it. 

Right now 21 Battletomes working on 2.0 rules and only 3 without. Khadoran, Tzeentch and Seraphon are all that remains to bring the whole game to 2.0! 

I've also added a tab for "expansions" since I feel that's worth covering for people who might not be as familiar about the game. If you see any error/omission do point it out. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

So wait, are Legion of Azgorh getting a battletome? When?

Its unlikely in the extreme unfortunately. They have a pdf of updated rules, which gives them much of the mechanical stuff they need. An actual battle tome with lore and art would require the main GW studio t o invest support in a forgeworld line, so i wouldn't hold my breath.

Updated! 

Important milestone as of today (ok technically a week today) the whole game is now running on 2.0 rules. Every single army has an up to date and modern Battletome. Whilst not every army has terrain or endless spells (which both did appear to be fairly standard additions to the majority); each battletome is running on the 2.0 rules system now. 

Importantly this means that we should now see an end of random army/model removals en-mass from the system (excepting from Forgeworld where we saw a good few removed this last winter). Moving forward I would expect more normal GW release patterns. That means most models should hang around until they are replaced with an updated sculpt. Sometimes we might see individual models removed, although I'd expect this to go hand in hand with new additions to armies. 

With two new armies on the horizon and with several new starting sets released (including Daughters of Khaine) the times are good for AoS. If you run or are involved with a local club its now a fantastic time to get new people into the game with fully updated 2.0 armies new people can freely choose any of the armies without the worry of getting removed or having to run highly substandard or outdated rules. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 1/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, Overread said:

Updated! I've now added the latest two new Battletomes. I've also put a warning about FW removing AoS models and notes about the new "pointy aelves" army that GW teased at the New Years event. 

So does this mean that those FW models will no longer be allowed in tournaments and such? e.g. wolf rats? 

Very hard to say honestly. They still have rules for the current 2.0 edition. Chances are until they formally appear in legacy rules sets or the rules are removed or the core game updates to a new system; then they will remain viable in the game. Just without models from FW/GW

Some might even reappear later, things like the brood horror were huge things made a long time in the past when FW was the only real viable option for them. GW can make them now in plastic. So some might return, but when is impossible to say and it could be years off. Many might not even have formal plans to return and would return if someone in the studio has a passion for them to return.