AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

47 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Oh man, those are fantastic!  Would be super fun if Blood Bowl teams could be allied warbands or something.

Two of them could fall in with Squig riders (those riding the bouncy balls), though with some work, I think you can put a few more of them on squigs.

You could also use them to double a box of Stabbas/Shootas or Fanatics.

Or just use them as a nice painting project to give away to kids.

• Like 1

If Gitmob are getting a corner of the Gloomspite book, I'm in like Flynn. Militant grots has been a huge desire of mine for a long, long time.... awesome as moonclan is.

So how confident are we in a new, if likely limited, range of gitmob style grots as the third, fourth if you count troggoths, arm of the gitz faction? They feel really out of place if they are the sole representative.

I think Infantry grots would be pointless in a world where stabbaz exist, since I assume they'd like to not create duplicate units in the greater book . So I suppose what I'd love to see for these gitmob are the wolf riders forming the primary battleline. Some war-engines/ spear chuckaz to form some supporting power. Maybe a plains native trogg, with 2-3 supporting hero units to provide support.

That seems like a realistic ask for a smaller faction. But what do you all think? Anyone with info/ rumors that might pump up my hopium? I can't imagine there is more then the wolfriders for the tome release. But maybe in the coming year?

• Like 1

I'd say the chances of getting just the wolfriders are almost zero. They're probably a nomadic light cav army, which treads on spiderfang a little bit, so I'm not expecting any monsters here.

I think Gitmob could get by with 3-4 kits for the whole subfaction though.

• Wolfriders (confirmed)
  • Wolf mounted hero (boss or shaman)
  • Chariot mounted Artillery multi-build kit, Would have at least 2 build options, one for a doom diver, and one for another artillery, maybe spear chukkas (like back in WFB), maybe a build without a war machine and just some extra grots.
  • (Optional) Hero #2 from bullet 2
  • (Optional) Pump wagons, units of them, like the one from blood bowl that was on a 32mm base or something
  • (Optional) Massive chariot centrepiece, with fat goblin named hero.
  • (Optional) Big centrepiece pump wagon

I think the war machines, if they show up, will be on chariots, since its a bit more "AoS", and will fit the narrative of nomadic tribes a lot better, plus you're killing two birds with one stone, Both war machines and chariots were gitmob staples. Just 3-4 of those things would be enough to have a pretty fleshed out sub-army in my opinion.

• Like 4

I'm back under Da Moon!  Got those 6 2nd hand Rockguts and a Dankboss for $115.  Not too shabby, and I don't have to assemble anything, so that's a plus in my book.  One-third of an army or so?  Me thinks I'll want some Fellwaters too for Trogg variety, then at least a Fungoid Shaman or two, though might be wise to wait a bit for much else.  

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I'd say the chances of getting just the wolfriders are almost zero. They're probably a nomadic light cav army, which treads on spiderfang a little bit, so I'm not expecting any monsters here.

I think Gitmob could get by with 3-4 kits for the whole subfaction though.

• Wolfriders (confirmed)
  • Wolf mounted hero (boss or shaman)
  • Chariot mounted Artillery multi-build kit, Would have at least 2 build options, one for a doom diver, and one for another artillery, maybe spear chukkas (like back in WFB), maybe a build without a war machine and just some extra grots.
  • (Optional) Hero #2 from bullet 2
  • (Optional) Pump wagons, units of them, like the one from blood bowl that was on a 32mm base or something
  • (Optional) Massive chariot centrepiece, with fat goblin named hero.
  • (Optional) Big centrepiece pump wagon

I think the war machines, if they show up, will be on chariots, since its a bit more "AoS", and will fit the narrative of nomadic tribes a lot better, plus you're killing two birds with one stone, Both war machines and chariots were gitmob staples. Just 3-4 of those things would be enough to have a pretty fleshed out sub-army in my opinion.

Yeah, I really want them to be a light cav/siege themed army to be really evocative of the Mongolian aesthetic. But getting all, or at least part of, the above would absolutely please me.

Might just have to roll the dice and pick up a few boxes of wolf riders. Then just wait and see what comes in the future

Okay, here's my first list with stuff I will already have when the new orders arrive.  Should be fun to try until the new tome and more actual Gitz models find their way to me...not sure about artefacts and spells but I can use my friend's tome for the time being.

Dankhold Boss, General: Loonskin 

2 Fungoid Shaman

Kragnos (because I have one, or at least a 4 legged megagargant that I made a Kragnos disguise for; I think the Gitz will fall for it)

allied Wurrgog Prophet and Wardokk both with Levitate

3 Fellwaters

3 Rockguts

6 Rockguts

Let the good times roll!!! 🤓

13 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Okay, here's my first list with stuff I will already have when the new orders arrive.  Should be fun to try until the new tome and more actual Gitz models find their way to me...not sure about artefacts and spells but I can use my friend's tome for the time being.

Dankhold Boss, General: Loonskin 

2 Fungoid Shaman

Kragnos (because I have one, or at least a 4 legged megagargant that I made a Kragnos disguise for; I think the Gitz will fall for it)

allied Wurrgog Prophet and Wardokk both with Levitate

3 Fellwaters

3 Rockguts

6 Rockguts

Let the good times roll!!! 🤓

Definitely recommend a marshcrawla sloggoth, its a troggoth with grots on it that gives out a 15" aura of +1 to hit. I kind of hope it finds its way into the gitz book, as its a better fit there than in kruleboyz.
Loonskin is a good command trait, you can pair it with arcane tome for a nearly permanent +1 to cast if you want, but troggs don't have access to spell lores, and the loonshrine does that anyways.
A fun build for a troggboss is to take the command trait to reroll the damage of the club, and give him vial of manticore venom. If you have the marshcrawla and the dankholds command you're on 2+/2+ rerolling 1's to hit and can reroll the damage. Loonskin is probably better, but its a fun build.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know if the bases are the same size but i run the 2 Gobbapalooza shamans as Fungoids in my games. Those models are awesome and so much fun to paint.

I was wondering if running a Madcap or two might be worth it.  But I guess we'll see how the lores and artefacts for them are in the next book.  The Moonface Mommet is reportedly a good one but I can't remember what it does.

Looks like a magic-reinforced Troggoth army could be:

Dankboss

Skragrott w 2 Fungoids, Umbral Spell Portal and Prismatic Palisade (cuz shiny crystals)

allied Breakaboss on Mirebrute

2x6 Rockguts or 1x9 + 1x3, not sure which would be better

1x6 Fellwaters

allied Marshcrawla, which from what the warscroll says, and no FAQ negating it that I see, is an amazing ally!

Edited by Lord Krungharr

I guess 2x6 rockguts would be best because u can make guarenteed boulder throwing mortal wounds.

I think i like the Madcap spell more with Throggs but the extra command point and the extra save makes the Fungoid also a good option.

Havent tried the Marshcrawla yet because im out of kitbashing ideas at the moment. 

But i wont look at the rules that much at the moment as they could easily all change when the tome is released.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I think if the Kruelboyz Trogg allies are still available and not too costly to include, I'd put some Gobbos on top instead of the Kruleboyz.  And they'd get a few spare mushrooms too.

Here is a crappy picture of the one i kitbashed. Not really happy about the paint scheme on the shrooms yet but i'll go back to it some other day. 

I want to try and put my spin on the Marshcrawla but i dont really like the Dobby look that much. Havent figured out how i want to replace some parts yet.

20220909_120905.jpg.2458ecb98ff14f54fb42be1423f5cc51.jpg20220707_185708.jpg.94890df2a5dec36d8b2634915285b8ba.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I think if the Kruelboyz Trogg allies are still available and not too costly to include, I'd put some Gobbos on top instead of the Kruleboyz.  And they'd get a few spare mushrooms too.

The marshcrawla only has goblins on top of it anyways.
One of the squig hopper grots would probably look great on the mirebrute too.

• Like 2

I think I'm all set for a big Troggoth army.  But reading the Kruleboyz section, they reminded me of screen units.  I don't have those.  Are stabbas/shootas enough or think Spider Riders would suffice?    Or perhaps allied Hobgrots?  Meh, guess that can wait.  Gotta do some Loonshrine building this weekend, and maybe put a light inside for gloom-glow.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I think I'm all set for a big Troggoth army.  But reading the Kruleboyz section, they reminded me of screen units.  I don't have those.  Are stabbas/shootas enough or think Spider Riders would suffice?    Or perhaps allied Hobgrots?  Meh, guess that can wait.  Gotta do some Loonshrine building this weekend, and maybe put a light inside for gloom-glow.

I have seen a few Bonesplitterz/ Big waaagh! lists running Spider Riders as Allied screens. I think they could perform the task well. 

• Like 1

Yeah spider riders make great screens. Fast and cheap, and since they're 5 guys on oval bases they can take up a lot of space if you put them sideways in a line with just under 1" between them.

Rippa's Snarlfangs are also good at it, and they're 70 points.

Grots would work fine, but they're a bit slow and you're probably overpaying for a unit that you're bringing just to get killed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What color is loonstone supposed to be?  Like unhealthy urine yellow, kinda deep yellow-orangey?  Or more neon greenish-yellow?  Trying to figure out what stone to carve a Bad Moon from.  I like to make pendants for each of my armies.  And should it be opaque or translucent/transparent?  Seems like it would be more opaque, but I can't remember what the lore says about it, other than it's lightweight but very hard.