AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

I used to pickaxe a Runelord (+ irondrakes) too but the new pickaxe wording is really bad for him, now! They dig-up in the movement phase, so you cannot use the Runelord ability, the new rule for shooting close a lot of windows for the teleported unit...

Nowadays i only teleport Warden King+ melee units to contest objectives. It really suck that they had to nerf our only cool ability :(

True, but thats why I especcialy would prefer the quarrellers. On a 6x4 table I rarely have problems setting them up (we play 1,5k so that does help) and I rarely set them up 9” away. That’s why the extra range is important. The tune lord is simply (one of) our cheapest hero that the second round will help you.

(Unforged is also 100pts but because I tend to set the quarrellers  up slightly further away he won’t make an inpact unless my opponent  makes the choice to divert a bit of his army)

so I force my opponent to wether multiple rounds of shooting (with -1 rend after the first) or divert a bit of their army. Add to that any and zone denying he diverts bits of his army to and I find it always forces him or her to make tough choices. 

My one experiment with hammerers pick axing in was terrible. Those stupid 6” move ogors just moved away. ?

• Haha 2

Your post made me think that i would love to see another Dispossessed player play a game, the different style and lists could play out very differently! Unfortunately i never found a dedicated dispossessed player  IRL or on youtube battlereport and, imho, it's an army where experience does it all...

Talking of AoS 2.0, obvsly!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kramer said:

on a more serieus note, why do you split the thunderers? You can divide your shots anyway, so why not bring them together and needing only one runelord.

I thought about field coverage, 2 units might cover more then just one. As all units are so slow.

i really hesitate in building and painting my dispossessed as all choices and lists feel so extremely weak. Can’t help myself ?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 4:57 AM, Kramer said:

True, but thats why I especcialy would prefer the quarrellers. On a 6x4 table I rarely have problems setting them up (we play 1,5k so that does help) and I rarely set them up 9” away. That’s why the extra range is important. The tune lord is simply (one of) our cheapest hero that the second round will help you.

(Unforged is also 100pts but because I tend to set the quarrellers  up slightly further away he won’t make an inpact unless my opponent  makes the choice to divert a bit of his army)

so I force my opponent to wether multiple rounds of shooting (with -1 rend after the first) or divert a bit of their army. Add to that any and zone denying he diverts bits of his army to and I find it always forces him or her to make tough choices. 

My one experiment with hammerers pick axing in was terrible. Those stupid 6” move ogors just moved away. ?

I also love pickaxing shooters, 30 quarrelers or maybe 20 drakes.  It is the most fun aspect of a dispo allegiance and probably necessary to be anywhere close to “competitive.”  Yes, losing the runelord ability for a turn is disappointing but you get on  subsequent turns.  Also reason to take two runelords.

I played two games recently with MSU warrior units (to make the battalion work for my models and in general for flexibility).  Ironjawz just obliterated the front line with their chain attacking (when kill a unit get to attack with another unit).  So, back to warrior horde and no battalion, which is marginally valuable anyway given the redundancy with the dispossessed allegiance abilities.

• Like 2

Whenever i see a battle report of Dispossessed or see a list for a tournament i always see people only take the runic icon on units that have access to both that and the clan banner. Why not take both? As far as I can tell it says the units can take any number of standard bearers and you can do it for units like plague monks who have many banner options. Is it that most tournaments typically only let units take a single standard bearer or something? I'm a recent AoS player starting with dispossessed so I'm trying to figure out all the nuances of their army.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Clise said:

Whenever i see a battle report of Dispossessed or see a list for a tournament i always see people only take the runic icon on units that have access to both that and the clan banner. Why not take both? As far as I can tell it says the units can take any number of standard bearers and you can do it for units like plague monks who have many banner options. Is it that most tournaments typically only let units take a single standard bearer or something? I'm a recent AoS player starting with dispossessed so I'm trying to figure out all the nuances of their army.

It could just be that they're Copy Pasting from the App or Warscroll Builder which doesn't have a second banner option., and they didn't feel like manually inputting both banner options.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Clise said:

Yeah you can!

• Thanks 3

I played a game yesterday with my Dispossessed against Sylvaneth and Legion of Blood. We all had 1250 points and we made up a battle plan as there were three of us, we didn’t really have a clear victory condition as it was the Legion of Blood players first ever game, and the Sylvaneth players second ever game. So we just decided that me the dwarfs would deploy in the center of the town on the board, and they would attack me from both sides, and each time I would lose a unit they would come back on a board edge at the end of the turn. We just played through 5 rounds and had fun with it.

My list was...

Warden King

Runelord

Runelord

20 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Longbeards

10 Hammerers

10 Irondrakes

20 Quarrellers 

So first round after we all deployed, LoB went first, buffed his troops, and moved all his stuff in charge range. He failed the charge on a unit of Grave Guard and Neferata, while only making it in with a unit of dire wolves into my 20 warriors, managing to kill 6 warriors, due to his great rolls and my poor ones for saves. After this Sylvaneth went next and once again just moved everything forward, but he also managed to shoot and kill 4 Irondrakes with Kurnoth hunters before he charged his 30 dryads into 10 warriors and 10 hammerers, delving only 3 wounds to the warriors. My first turn consisted of giving rend to the hammerers and quarrellers and pickaxing the Runelord and irondrakes, then shooting a group of 10 grave guard with my quarrelers killing 9 of them. In melee I kill 1 dire wolf, and around 7 dryads. Battle shock no one leaves except for 3 dryads.

Round two I get first turn I pop my runelord up with Irondrakes give them bonus rend and shoot Durthu, dealing only 4 wounds to him, I also shoot the dire wolves with the bows, killing all of them, melee I charge the longbeards into the dryads, and kill a couple more of them, and he fights back with them killing 5 warriors. In Sylvaneth go he heals Durthu by 1, shoots and misses with the Kurnoth hunters into my hammerers, and charges Durthu into the drakes, killing all of them, he also kills 4 longbeards and 1 hammerer, I kill 1 more dryad. LoB goes last casting lots of spells killing many o dwarfs, he then charges Neferata, 10 Grave Guard, and a vampire into my lines, he kills a couple more dwarfs I kill a couple grave guard, nothing much. Battle shock, nothing leaves. End of this turn my Irondrakes come back.

Round three, LoB goes first, more spells and buffs, kills like 2 more warriors. He piles into a runelord with Neferata, killing it and turning it into a vampire, also kills my quarrelers. Sylvaneth go next, heals Durthu to max health, shoots kills 1 hammerer. In melee Durthu misses every swing into the runelord in the back of the map, dryads on are their last legs, manage to do nothing to any dwarfs, I kill a couple more. In my turn, rend on the hammerers. In melee I kill 1 more, grave guard, and finish off the remaining dryads. Battleshock, rest of my 20 group of dwarf warriors flee. End of turn the Warriors respawn.

Round four, I go first, I put rend onto the iron drakes and quarrelers who both came back, I shoot and kill Neferata with one group of 20 quarelers, and I kill a Morghast with the Irondrakes. In melee I charge the morghast, do nothing to it and it kills a whole bunch of warriors. I also charge a fresh 10 group of grave guard with 6 hammerers, they made me proud, they killed 5 of them, but then got killed in return. Sylvaneth goes next Spawns 10 dryads, shoots my wardenking only doing 1 damage to him. Durthu still doesn’t manage to kill this one Runelord. LoB next charges his remaining two vampire lords and grave guard into my quarrelers, killing all but 1, also kills 5 Irondrakes and my Warden King. Battleshock I unfortunately pass with the one quarreller, Irondrakes flee. End of turn, Irondrakes come back, and 20 warriors come back.

Round 5 LoB goes first, he has little left, 10 graveguard 2 vampire lords, he casts a couple spells, and kills the last quarreller, in melee he kills a runelord. I go next and kill one of his vampire lords with Irondrakes, melee I charge Durthu with the 20 warriors, bringing him down to 7 wounds. He swings back and kills only 1. Sylvaneth goes last, heals Durthu, kills a bunch of warriors, and that’s about it. Battleshock, a couple warriors leave, some dryads from the other side of the board leave. End of game.

First off sorry for the massive wall of text, next are the things we should have changed, we should have made a clear way to victory. We also got so many rules wrong throughout the game, I mean two of us were basically new to the game, and I have only played about 5 other times before this so it was bound to happen. The big things we all forgot a lot were, the leaders of units have different attacks, Look Out Sir!, and many bravery debuffs. Anyway hope you all enjoy that, at least I got to try out some units. I noticed that big blobs of buffed quarrellers do work, and hammerers are amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

6 hammerers, they made me proud

Imagine 30 of them!

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I noticed that big blobs of buffed quarrellers do work, and hammerers are amazing. 

Every big buffed blobs is very strong, even 40 warriors!

? Good job helping out new players! Your list is pretty basic and a good starting point in every way you wish to go, your Runelord buff choice solids!

Keep up the good work and show us more reports!

• Like 3

Hi fellows Dawi ! And greatings to you, Furuzzolo.

I owe you some of my specials "tricks" and                  I've been foolowing this thread for some time now.

I can confirm, 30 quarrellers can do miracles when buffed with grudges. I've seen a blob of 60 moonclan gobs getting torn apart in two shooting phases. 60 shots, 30+ of them were killing blows, save included.

Warriors can be surprisingly tanky too and hold a lot of stuff well while you fill them with holes.

I'll take some time to post some of my lists, and maybe some reports in the future here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looking to grow my collection to support 2000  points, and thinking of this list as a target. Feedback appreciated :)

Warden King (Grudgebearer, Ancestral Pickaxe)

Runelord

Runelord

Auric Runeson on Magmadroth

30x Warriors (axes + shields)

10x Warriors (axes + shields)

20x Hammerers

10x Longbeards (great axes)

30x Thunderers

10x Irondrakes

Gyrocoptor

Gyrocoptor

Rough plan would be to shield the Runelord buffed Thunderers and Drakes with the big warrior blob while they rain some death. The smaller warrior blob and longbeards either acting as chaff or sitting on objectives. In the mean time the 'coptors would make a nuisance of themselves and perhaps contest remote objectives. The King + Hammerers would drop in either on an awkward objective, attack the enemy rear lines or simply get in the way through pickaxe teleportation.

Finally the Magmadroth is there is distract the enemy, provide some more speed, and a source of mortal wounds (as a suicide charge at something beefy if necessary).

• Like 1

@Toddy that seems like a good list. Few points :

1) 30man blob is costly for meat shield. Don’t underestimate it also, it can deal a punch ?

2) Use warriors of 10 for meatshield !

3) Irondrakes are one the best units in game. Take at least 20 with ya !

4) I love Warden King and his buff is awesome but probably costy as he goes does fast. Play with him anyway cause the full of cool is always the best !

5) Magmadroth can be really useful in many scenarios, excellent choice !

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

@Toddy that seems like a good list. Few points :

1) 30man blob is costly for meat shield. Don’t underestimate it also, it can deal a punch ?

2) Use warriors of 10 for meatshield !

3) Irondrakes are one the best units in game. Take at least 20 with ya !

4) I love Warden King and his buff is awesome but probably costy as he goes does fast. Play with him anyway cause the full of cool is always the best !

5) Magmadroth can be really useful in many scenarios, excellent choice !

Thanks@Seraphage

In summary then, would you then swap the big blob of warriors for a smaller one and take more Drakes?

• Like 1

Oh, Irondrakes, i love them!

@seraphage I agree, great answer!

Regarding Irondrakes they add 1 to attacks if MORE then 10 but the 16" range make them very hard to keep in a safe spot to shot. I would not take 30 of them the same way i would not take 10.... I think 20 is the right call!Hard to keep 30 in range and safe, plus the captain is very very very strong with 2 attacks, i'd prefer to have two 20man units that a single 30-one.

• Like 1

Hmm, I'd like to add that I personnaly prefer 2 units of 10 Irondrakes than 1 of 20.

Why ? You got a captain twice (yay !), and if one of your units get shot at, the other is still in perfect shape and can safely shoot twice. Plus you force your opponent to think about which one to shoot down first.

But that probably come from the fact that my dear beloved one plays BCR, and Irondrakes are DEADLY against monsters. :P They are shortlegged nukes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hello,

I see that most all lists here are with the Dispossessed Allegiance. Has anyone tried to make an Order Soup list with the bulk of the force being Dispossessed?

I'm asking because...
A: I have lots of painted Dwarfs that I wish to use for 2 game systems and as such I'd like to decide which ones I should base onto rounds for AoS.
B: Most people who play AoS here are competitive and play the latest armies (Idoneth, Nurgle, Nighthaunts, DoK) and I feel with simply Dispossessed I will be somewhat trounced...

We normally play 1000-1500 points Vanguard (2 battleline).

If I were to use, for instance, 20 Longbeards with 2-handed Axes (2x10) as battleline, 10 Irondrakes and 30 Ironbreakers (sit on home objective) with a Warden King and a Runelord that comes to 960 points leaving me 540 points for something else from all of Order. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Pete

As @stato said, there is a thread, but if you want my advice : Freeguild Handgunner. Take 20 of them, those lads are taller than our duardins and can shoot over their heads. Set them behind a two ranks Ironbreakers unit and watch the show !

That's 20 shots 3+/3+/-1/1 if they didn't move with 18" range, and if anyone dares to charge your Ironbreakers head on, that's a counter-firing phase free of charge for you. As your opponent finishes his charge at 3"- of them, you can fill him with bullets with their aptitude.

On top of that, add a freeguild general near them, and you are at 2+/2+/-1/1.

Enough to see your opponent flip table and start screaming.

Ok thanks! - I'll have a look at the other thread.

Quick question regarding the Runelord - If you take more than one, can they both use the -1 rend ability (on the same unit to give -2)? - It says: 'In your Hero phase a Runelord...' implying only one can do it? Or have I misunderstood? Thanks!

40 minutes ago, pforson said:

Ok thanks! - I'll have a look at the other thread.

Quick question regarding the Runelord - If you take more than one, can they both use the -1 rend ability (on the same unit to give -2)? - It says: 'In your Hero phase a Runelord...' implying only one can do it? Or have I misunderstood? Thanks!

The "a" is simple a indefinite article . The more interesting point is at the end of the first paragraph, that was added with the Grand Alliance Order Errata.:

A unit that is affected by a Rune Lore power cannot be picked again in the same phase.

16 minutes ago, pforson said:

Where is this rule please? I can't find it on the Warsroll (It says shoot twice if they didn't move and no enemies are within 3").

It's part of the  Grand Alliance Order Errata.

Most of the downloadable Warscrolls won't get updated until there is a new Battletome with them. Only in the app the erratas are integrated

Edited by EMMachine