AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

13 hours ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

I had a a normal 1000pts game versus Fec. My iron drakes iron warden on the first turn managed to hit one of his royal terrorghiests with both grudge hammer torpedos  and then rolled 2 6s for damage.  ended up with a major victory (due to my allied gun hauler burning 3 of his objectives on duality of death)  and a death toll of 2 royal terrorghiest, 1 ghoul king ,and 3 crypt horrors on his side and 10 Longbeards, 20 hammerers and a warden king on mine.  Now the records stands at like 2W vs 6L. Lol

Haha you go iron warden. That’s some badass dice rolling 😂

well done though, because you wouldn’t have won only on that role. How do you find the gunhauler? Was it just luck that it won you the game or does it help consistently? 

Honestly the gun hauler was rubbish in combat.it Landed 1 shot through the whole game. However it's movement ability was crucial to me doing objectives when facing a elites only army. I took a gamble and etheriald my king rather than pickaxing, so it was all the non 4" movement I had. Its weapons are a bit too random to rely upon imo but when they work they work. But that 12 movement... it's nice to have something that can easily react to changes in the game.

Edited by The Cranky Dwarf

I won my first Meeting Engagements game against Gloomspite Gits. I was about to lose  the game final turn but I managed to charge my Knight Incantor into the blob of grots holding the objective and basically suicide bombed them by shattering all three spirit flasks. Managed to kill the majority of them (and sadly my last 3 Irondrakes) with it. The Knight Incantor and Runelord cleaned up the blob some more and it fell to battleshock. He only had the shaman left on the objective so I won by having one more model on the objective than him. It was a glorious ending even if it felt a bit dirty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll hold judgement until more is revealed. I have no desire to collect other order forces so if this turns out to disappointing for pure dwarf players I'll be tempted to sell off to recuperate hobby money and build u my Gloomspite more instead. 

I thought the teasers in the fyreslayers codex would mean a Duardin tome but now I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I’m thinking of quiting Sigmar now. I want a book of MY DUDES, full of lore about MY DUDES, and art of MY DUDES. What I hate most is that this book is at the end of the day basically just GA: Order 2.0

Agree, and if they discontinue warriors / thunderers / quarrellers then that's it for me. Half my army comprise of those models. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

Im on on the same boat with my High Elves .

Cant Dispossessed mix with Ironweld to make it own army? Human/Elf free?

Nope, that would require more books. That would risk profits, better to just cram them all in the same book because **** you.

• LOVE IT! 1

Note that it did say a “full 7 allegiance abilities” so it at least appears they’re trying to keep the individual factions playable on their own. I highly doubt the units they’re talking about relegating to Legends will be staples like Warriors and Thunderers. With the FAQ increase to Warrior points, hopefully they’re here to stay AND getting better.

Just now, FPC said:

Note that it did say a “full 7 allegiance abilities” so it at least appears they’re trying to keep the individual factions playable on their own. I highly doubt the units they’re talking about relegating to Legends will be staples like Warriors and Thunderers. With the FAQ increase to Warrior points, hopefully they’re here to stay AND getting better.

I'm putting money on them pasting the GHB Dispossessed rules into the book and calling done.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Zadolix said:

Yeah they will be city sub factions/allegiances not racial ones. I don't even want my dwarves to come from  free city... 

This, I want a Karak. I don't want a multicultural city. I want a throng of duardin with shield and axes standing before the gates to their stronghold. The only aelves nearby should be looking at our glorious beards longingly while rubbing his boyish chin.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Yeah they will be city sub factions/allegiances not racial ones. I don't even want my dwarves to come from  free city... 

Then just say they don't come from a city?

I mean heck thats basically Wanderers MO! They...wander!

I understand people want their own book, but I don't think GW can support literally everyone in WFB having their own book PLUS AoS books. Sure they squatted bretonnia and tomb kings but imagine if they didn't consolidate, then what do we have?

Order

• SCE
  • DoK
  • Fyreslayers
  • KO
  • Sylvaneth
  • Seraphon
  • Free Peoples
  • Dispossessed
  • Darkling Covens/Dark Aleves (not to be confused with the real shadow aelves)
  • Wanderers
  • Light/High Aelves (not to be confused with the real light alves)
  • IDK

12 books! Thats almost the entire library of WFB!  And who knows how long it'll take to print each one.

36 minutes ago, FPC said:

Other than BoC for the most part, has this ever happened before?

Even BoC, it was a pretty major jump. Very few people ran Brayherd Allegiances and even the stuff that got copy pasted over were altered a bit (like there was the old GHB artifact weapon that got purely buffed in BoC). And then they gained accesses to 2 brand new general traits, 2 new item lists, 1.5 spell lores, several battalions, tzaangors, many things under the monsters of chaos faction.

Even if you just ran a pure Brayherd force (no warherd, thunderscorne or monsters) from BoC, it's leaps better than GHB2018.

Once again I don't mean to belittle the pride of dwarf players, I'm a person who to this day still love Tomb Kings so I understand that gw doesn't share the love equally, but I think people are sounding a wee bit too hostile to this?

19 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Then just say they don't come from a city?

I mean heck thats basically Wanderers MO! They...wander!

I understand people want their own book, but I don't think GW can support literally everyone in WFB having their own book PLUS AoS books. Sure they squatted bretonnia and tomb kings but imagine if they didn't consolidate, then what do we have?

Order

• SCE
  • DoK
  • Fyreslayers
  • KO
  • Sylvaneth
  • Seraphon
  • Free Peoples
  • Dispossessed
  • Darkling Covens/Dark Aleves (not to be confused with the real shadow aelves)
  • Wanderers
  • Light/High Aelves (not to be confused with the real light alves)
  • IDK

12 books! Thats almost the entire library of WFB!  And who knows how long it'll take to print each one.

Even BoC, it was a pretty major jump. Very few people ran Brayherd Allegiances and even the stuff that got copy pasted over were altered a bit (like there was the old GHB artifact weapon that got purely buffed in BoC). And then they gained accesses to 2 brand new general traits, 2 new item lists, 1.5 spell lores, several battalions, tzaangors, many things under the monsters of chaos faction.

Even if you just ran a pure Brayherd force (no warherd, thunderscorne or monsters) from BoC, it's leaps better than GHB2018.

Once again I don't mean to belittle the pride of dwarf players, I'm a person who to this day still love Tomb Kings so I understand that gw doesn't share the love equally, but I think people are sounding a wee bit too hostile to this?

Look how many books Imperium has in 40k. Why should the Fantasy good guys be any different?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1