AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

What did you guys think of the Duardin lore feature on Warhammer TV? I was a little disappointed that there wasn't too much new insight into Dispossessed, but it was at least nice to be mentioned.  Did anyone else notice how he didn't seem to enthusiastic about Dispossessed as he was talking about Fyreslayers or Kharadron Overlords? When he described the Fyreslayer and KO reaction to Dispossessed as being "Come on dude, move on from the old ways", part of my felt a little personally attacked. I guess it's my insecurity about playing a non-battletome army. I got the feeling he was talking to Dispossessed players rather than the Dispossessed. Pretty good segment even if I missed the first 10 minutes. 

Edited by Ironbreaker
Misspelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/23/2019 at 5:45 AM, Ironbreaker said:

What did you guys think of the Duardin lore feature on Warhammer TV? I was a little disappointed that there wasn't too much new insight into Dispossessed, but it was at least nice to be mentioned.  Did anyone else notice how he didn't seem to enthusiastic about Dispossessed as he was talking about Fyreslayers or Kharadron Overlords? When he described the Fyreslayer and KO reaction to Dispossessed as being "Come on dude, move on from the old ways", part of my felt a little personally attacked. I guess it's my insecurity about playing a non-battletome army. I got the feeling he was talking to Dispossessed players rather than the Dispossessed. Pretty good segment even if I missed the first 10 minutes. 

Could you or anyone else summarise what they spoke about? Seems I have to subscribe on Twitch to watch it again...

On 5/23/2019 at 6:45 AM, Ironbreaker said:

Yup I also asked GW right after they put out forbidden power if they‘d by any chance include dispossessed in the Lethis Allegiance - never got an answer. 🤷🏼‍♂️

They seem neglected. We‘ll see with the new General‘s handbook.

@Pagan dito

Edited by JackStreicher

Hello everyone,

I noticed that the new (leaked) Sylvaneth Battletome allows Dispossessed and Fyreslayers as Allies if the General is IRONBARK (Grove / Lodge-thingy). It gives me hope for the Dispossessed that they are explicitely mentioned in a new Battletomes (Fyreslayers Battletome too).

Keep the Axes swinging, lets hope for a great GHB2019!

Edited by Max Baumann
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Pagan said:

Could you or anyone else summarise what they spoke about? Seems I have to subscribe on Twitch to watch it again...

I guess:

"Stop buying old dwarf stuff and start buying KO and half naked guys!"

Was I right ?

13 hours ago, Pagan said:

The Dispossessed discussion was mostly just a recap of what we already know. One person in the comments asked about the Six Smiths and the response was, "Are they?" and was left there as if GW doesn't really have a fleshed out idea for them.

1 hour ago, Bladedwind said:

I noticed that Ironbreakers went from being available in several areas to being an GW webstore exclusive. :(

I don't really think this is a death sentence... plenty of things are moved to webstore exclusive and they're still around. I would only worry once any of them goes to "Sold out online".

Most GW stores simply don't carry older stuff like this... the in-store stock is extremely limited most of the time but I think that's marketing more than it means a faction is squatted. Hell, mine barely has any FeC or Skaven, but still has plenty of other stuff.

5 hours ago, Gwendar said:

I don't really think this is a death sentence... plenty of things are moved to webstore exclusive and they're still around. I would only worry once any of them goes to "Sold out online".

Most GW stores simply don't carry older stuff like this... the in-store stock is extremely limited most of the time but I think that's marketing more than it means a faction is squatted. Hell, mine barely has any FeC or Skaven, but still has plenty of other stuff.

Who knows what the reasoning is? I didn't mean to imply we'd get squatted, I just thought it was unfortunate that the availability is more limited now

7 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

I’ll be so mad if they squat the dispossessed.  For a variety of reasons.  

Seriously, I’m just waiting for a tome or the GHB to confirm them and I’ll be starting an army of them ASAP.

Don’t do this to us GW. 😖

I don't think we are getting squatted just yet. Dispossessed are listed as conditional allies in the new Sylvaneth battletome.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Bladedwind said:

I noticed that Ironbreakers went from being available in several areas to being an GW webstore exclusive. :(

I think Webstore exclusives are mostly due to Store Shelf Space.

If they wanted to kill something, they can do it even if something is available in normal stores, ie Start Collecting Greenskinz.

Plus plenty of 40k units are webstore exclusive like the Basilisk.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gwendar said:

So do I, or Gw really wanted to see the dwarf players suffer with false hope, when they gave us the dispossessed allegiance in the ghb.

Dispossessed units within 8" of this post reroll 1 to wound in combat...

😡

We're here to stay, the mention in the sylvaneth tome prove that. I'm only concernet about the name "Dispossessed", I was hoping in a rename for the battletome. Whatever.

Cut the grumbling short, lads. 

12 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Dispossessed units within 8" of this post reroll 1 to wound in combat...

😡

We're here to stay, the mention in the sylvaneth tome prove that. I'm only concernet about the name "Dispossessed", I was hoping in a rename for the battletome. Whatever.

Cut the grumbling short, lads. 

But what is left if we cut the grumbling ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2