AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Exactly. If you hit the Witch Aelf with too many nerfs you basically bake in the need to take specific leaders to buff them to bring them up to standard. Whilst some synergy is good, if you have too much what happens is the army list writes itself - ergo you end up unable to make many choices because so many of the points are dictated by taking the unit that requires so much support to work. The end result is that you can end up with cutting down variety without intending too. 

If anything it might be nice to see more difference between Sisters of Slaughter and Witchaelves, esp after the WE went up in points. Subtle differences can make a difference, but its nice to have some greater variety in things now and then. 

Ok, now that I've seen it, its driving me nuts. Anyone else notice that the snake on the front cover is holding her bow upside-down? She looks to have an overhand grip on the bow, which would put the cobra head side on the bottom. I get they wouldn't want it flipped for artistic reasons, but its killing me. 

gDumKwBaFM9yIT0l.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graywater said:

Ok, now that I've seen it, its driving me nuts. Anyone else notice that the snake on the front cover is holding her bow upside-down? She looks to have an overhand grip on the bow, which would put the cobra head side on the bottom. I get they wouldn't want it flipped for artistic reasons, but its killing me. 

gDumKwBaFM9yIT0l.jpg

...Why did you do this to me.  Cannot unsee.

In other news, I played three games today and did rather well with my snakes.  Two games were won by using my Ironscale's command ability to catapult my fully buffed 20 girl unit of Blood Sisters at my opponent 20-30 inches away.

Edited by DJMoose

3 hours ago, Graywater said:

gDumKwBaFM9yIT0l.jpg

Lol. I do really like the new cover art though, aside from that minor aside. The witches in the background look slightly ghoulish though - it may be a combination of the pale skin and the excess body fat, but I get a bit of flesheater courts cannibalist vibe there.

Edited by Ggom

On 1/24/2021 at 12:50 AM, Ggom said:

Lol. I do really like the new cover art though, aside from that minor aside. The witches in the background look slightly ghoulish though - it may be a combination of the pale skin and the excess body fat, but I get a bit of flesheater courts cannibalist vibe there.

"Excess body fat." What are you even talking about?

Just now, Black Blade said:

"Excess body fat." What are you even talking about?

Haha was literally just thinking the same thing. She's still the slight elf they always have been. Only thing I can think is that the half-scale half-skin area on her stomach is a little visually confusing. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Haha was literally just thinking the same thing. She's still the slight elf they always have been. Only thing I can think is that the half-scale half-skin area on her stomach is a little visually confusing. 

I think he was referring to the regular Witch Elf which is what really threw me. As far as the Melusai I thought it fits because that's just a woman's upper body with a strong core. She's a warrior so its not surprising she has muscle and its accentuated by her wide hips which also makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Black Blade said:

I think he was referring to the regular Witch Elf which is what really threw me. As far as the Melusai I thought it fits because that's just a woman's upper body with a strong core. She's a warrior so its not surprising she has muscle and its accentuated by her wide hips which also makes sense.

Yeap. I was referring to the witch elves in the background. The mulusai has a six pack and muscle definition, the witch elves look abit soft, which, combined with the pale skin makes me think of - drowned, dead, hungry things. Especially with the stringy hair and the pose.

In my mind the witch elf models convey dancing, leaping, and with thick hair and slender limbs. Not so much the ones on this cover.

Obligatory disclaimer - this is not a comment on female form in general, or expectations of what women look like. Also, I like the cover in general.

Edited by Ggom

Quick question. 

Would both Morathi-Khaine and the Shadow Queen get normal save roll and the fanatical faith save? 

Or would only the SQ get the FF roll if she was directly targeted? 

Any clarity on this as I have not rolled a game since the update and I have an upcoming match and would like to be on my A-game. 

16 hours ago, RickFlair said:

Quick question. 

Would both Morathi-Khaine and the Shadow Queen get normal save roll and the fanatical faith save? 

Or would only the SQ get the FF roll if she was directly targeted? 

Any clarity on this as I have not rolled a game since the update and I have an upcoming match and would like to be on my A-game. 

The shadow queen only gets her armor save and FF if she is directly targeted. Otherwise, if morathi khaine is targeted, she would get her save, but any wounds that would be allocated would then go directly to the shadow queen with no FF or armor save roll. This is because allocating wounds happens after armor saves, and the one soul, two bodies rule says any wounds transfered through this method cannot be negated.

Edited by Graywater
Fixed with help from Nuitari
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Graywater said:

The shadow queen only gets her armor save and FF if she is directly targeted. Otherwise, if morathi khaine is targeted, she would get her save and FF roll, but any wounds that would be allocated would then go directly to the shadow queen with no FF or armor save roll. This is because allocating wounds happens after armor saves, and the one soul, two bodies rule says any wounds transfered through this method cannot be negated.

For now you have FF ONLY on Shadow Queen, on Morathi-Khaine you don’t roll for FF.

Core rules: hit roll, wound, roll, save roll, allocating wounds, wounds negation (FF)

One soul, two bodies: you don’t allocate wounds on Morathi-Khaine, (you don’t have FF), wounds are allocated to Shadow Queen and cant be negated. 

Resume: Your opponent can chose if he hit Morathi with -1 to hit or Shadow Queen with FF

If you roll FF for Morathi you are playing wrong 

Edited by Nuitari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nuitari said:

For now you have FF ONLY on Shadow Queen, on Morathi-Khaine you don’t roll for FF.

Core rules: hit roll, wound, roll, save roll, allocating wounds, wounds negation (FF)

One soul, two bodies: you don’t allocate wounds on Morathi-Khaine, (you don’t have FF), wounds are allocated to Shadow Queen and cant be negated. 

Resume: Your opponent can chose if he hit Morathi with -1 to hit or Shadow Queen with FF

You are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:46 PM, Graywater said:

Thats how you have to hold it to cause Mortal Wounds

• Haha 2

I think that access to Vyperic Guard and Scathcoven in non Cobra Kai temples puts and end to my Temple Nest experiments, although the announcement of the new tome really obviates any experimentation until the new book is out.

With that said, here's my vote for the most busted list of the soon to be sunset tome:

Morathi

Medusa

20 Stalkers

2x5 Sisters

10 Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter

Vyperic Guard

This leaves 160 points which should probably be spent on either a Hag Queen or a unit of Khainite Shadowstalkers plus an endless spell (if the metagame supports going to 3 drops) or 10 further Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter if it doesn't.

Subfaction is Khailebron.

12 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I think that access to Vyperic Guard and Scathcoven in non Cobra Kai temples puts and end to my Temple Nest experiments, although the announcement of the new tome really obviates any experimentation until the new book is out.

With that said, here's my vote for the most busted list of the soon to be sunset tome:

Morathi

Medusa

20 Stalkers

2x5 Sisters

10 Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter

Vyperic Guard

This leaves 160 points which should probably be spent on either a Hag Queen or a unit of Khainite Shadowstalkers plus an endless spell (if the metagame supports going to 3 drops) or 10 further Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter if it doesn't.

Subfaction is Khailebron.

Nice list, now I’m playing similar

Morathi w Mindrazor

Shadow Queen

Medusa w Mirror Dance

20 Blood Stalkers

10 Blood Sisters
10 Sisters of Slaughter w bucklets

9 Khanite Shadowstalkers

Lauchon

Vyperic Guard

3 drop list with lot of muvement tricks