AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Absolutely baffling changes.

Ballista at 110 is probably fine - it is only remotely excessie in multiples of 4. 

Evocators and Sequitors going up is expected but also the wrong way of making the other options better. I can't understand why Liberators didn't change or Judicators. Or the  Lord Exorcist.

Lor exorcist do drops by 20

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Ballista at 110 is probably fine - it is only remotely excessie in multiples of 4. 

Evocators and Sequitors going up is expected but also the wrong way of making the other options better. I can't understand why Liberators didn't change or Judicators. Or the  Lord Exorcist.

Liberators at max unit 20 with a max discount would have been nice.  Lots of talk last few pages about Libs over Sequitors, but yeah Judicators (and castigators!) needed a bonus.

9 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Its difficult to fully judge until we see Skaven And FEC changes end of July.

If they went up significantly it evens out, if they didnt, then thats all you will see this year and SCE is now downgraded from Tier 2 to Tier 2.5 / 3

2 minutes ago, armisael said:

Will 10-20 point change across the board change the game balance?

From what I see, they change the point in very conservative way. So, I foresee that FEC and Skaven will receive the same treatment.

It basically reduces the size of current meta armies by a unit. DoK for instance now will take a smaller group of witch elves and one really powerful block.
Gav Bomb will now not take as many sequitors.

Ballista will have to forgo some sequitors

Deepkin will have to take one less hero or lesser eels.

Its all very "yes youre powerful but you cant take this unit because youre 50-100 points over 2000"

2 minutes ago, armisael said:

Will 10-20 point change across the board change the game balance?

From what I see, they change the point in very conservative way. So, I foresee that FEC and Skaven will receives the same treatment.

Well, a single unit with 10-20 point change does not matter, but the problem is many unit in the current melee-focused goes up 20. evo go up 20, seq go up 10, lord castellant go up 20, gavreil go ups 20, everything adds up together do matters. I was expecting the seq and evo will go up, lib goes down, paladin goes down to negate this effect when I write a mix list, but liberator unchanged, paladin go down just 20, not enough to negate the increase of other stuff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, a single unit with 10-20 point change does not matter, but the problem is many unit in the current melee-focused goes up 20. evo go up 20, seq go up 10, lord castellant go up 20, gavreil go ups 20, everything adds up together do matters. I was expecting the seq and evo will go up, lib goes down, paladin goes down to negate this effect when I write a mix list, but liberator unchanged, paladin go down just 20, not enough to negate the increase of other stuff.

Yeah it means we'll have to cut Sequitors and Evocators in places and replace with liberators. Could just be GW trying to move boxes lol

Although Anvilstrike evens out. 30 point decrease from Longstrikes and 40 point increase from Evos. Pjetski the mad lad lol

Edited by jhamslam

Wow this change really sucks for my cleansing phalanx list that I run...

Lord arcanum on gryph

Lord ordinator

Knight heraldor

Lord relictor 

Lord castellant

1x10 sequitors 

2x5 sequitors

3 x ballista

This list was sitting g at 1980 and i did fairly even in my games when i wasn't maki g horrendous mistakes. Now I'm over costed by 90 points meaning I'll need to either drop a unit of sequitors, which I wouldn't want to do, lose a hero, which all my heroes are perfect I believe for this list. Or drop a ballista and lose a lot of range damage... dafuq...

5 minutes ago, Talunus said:

Lord arcanum on gryph

Lord ordinator

Knight heraldor

Lord relictor 

Lord castellant

1x10 sequitors 

2x5 sequitors

3 x ballista

This list was sitting g at 1980 and i did fairly even in my games when i wasn't maki g horrendous mistakes. Now I'm over costed by 90 points meaning I'll need to either drop a unit of sequitors, which I wouldn't want to do, lose a hero, which all my heroes are perfect I believe for this list. Or drop a ballista and lose a lot of range damage... dafuq...

Make your lord arcanum on foot and change out  5 sequitors for 5 liberators

14 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Probaly celestant-prime will have its rule rework, it is getting reforged in the background story now, get annhilated by nagash's aretefact.😰

Oh... Is this the first time that Celestant-Prime get destroyed?

7 minutes ago, Talunus said:

Lord arcanum on gryph

Lord ordinator

Knight heraldor

Lord relictor 

Lord castellant

1x10 sequitors 

2x5 sequitors

3 x ballista

May I ask?

What is the role of Knight Heraldor in this list?

1 minute ago, jhamslam said:

Make your lord arcanum on foot and change out  5 sequitors for 5 liberators

I lose the mobility of the arcanum to be able to use his CA to automatically use the evo buff on the sequitor unit of 10, rerolling all hits and wounds wherever and whenever is pretty noice

1 minute ago, armisael said:

May I ask?

What is the role of Knight Heraldor in this list?

To be able to run and charge my 10 block of sequitors in the same phase, scares the ****** out of most players lol. Plus being able to deal environment damage is nice when you have so many armies getting their own terrain 

Edited by Talunus

8 hours ago, Belper said:

Of course, though apparently not nearly as important as being pedantic about jokey posts. You and Hammers have made it QUITE clear that feeling self-important in response to something tongue-in cheeck is the ABSOLUTE highest priority.

Couldn't tell you were "jokey".  Just seemed like the ton of info they dropped about SCE wasn't enough for you.

Anyway, all the SCE points have been leaked so you can get all the info you want now.