AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

26 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Just realized that you can't use Gav for auto-charges any more since you can only issue that command once per phase

You can still use a Vexillor to reroll charges though, so you can have a +3 reroll. If you also use an Imperatant with THUNDERSTRIKE units you can have a +3 reroll from 7".

Assuming Gav stays the same, i don think he will

Edited by jhamslam

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Sure, but we could be waiting a while for a new battletome. Indomitus came out in June and the codexes came out in October.

god i hope not, barring COVID hitting supply chains like that last year im hoping we see the tomes end of july

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

god i hope not, barring COVID hitting supply chains like that last year im hoping we see the tomes end of july

I would be very surprised if we do not see some teases soon. They already did show us units not in the dominion box and surely they will be part of a new tome. I'd expect stormcast and warclans to get releases and books within a month of the dominion release to make use of some of the 3.0 hype, waiting months would be very silly unless something pratical is preventing them for the followup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

Just realized that you can't use Gav for auto-charges any more since you can only issue that command once per phase

You can still use a Vexillor to reroll charges though, so you can have a +3 reroll. If you also use an Imperatant with THUNDERSTRIKE units you can have a +3 reroll from 7".

Yeah Gav stonks 📉 don’t think we’ll see the evo sky lost any more. 

I would really like to see one more Thunderstrike elite infantry unit that works well with Imperator but I fear our only option for this will be Annihilators.

Hi all,
I just realized a potentially silly combo (if it works) for Stormcast Eternal's new Blaze of Glory ability and wanted thoughts on it.

Let's say I had a Lord-Arcanum and a Lord-Imperatant adjacent to each other on the battlefield during the Stormcast player's turn. The Lord-Imperatant takes 10 wounds (after all saves) during the combat phase. Blaze of Glory is proc'd at the same time that Cycle of the Storm would proc, and since it is the Stormcast player's turn, they can choose to have Blaze of Glory proc before Cycle of the Storm. SO you would roll the dice for Blaze of Glory, then heal the Lord-Imperatant one wound with Cycle of the Storm. Then the remaining damage would slay the Lord-Imperatant a second time and activate Blaze of Glory again?

This would essentially allow Blaze of Glory to activate twice on potentially large models like a Lord-Celestant on Stardrake or Yndrasta all in the instant of wounds being applied. BUT the combo can only happen on the Stormcast player's turn since on an opposing player's turn they would simply have Cycle of the Storm proc first? Or would the first instance of Blaze of Glory still happen regardless of it being before or after Cycle of the Storm?

Many thoughts confusing my head.

Let me know what you think.

8 minutes ago, Champasaur said:

Hi all,
I just realized a potentially silly combo (if it works) for Stormcast Eternal's new Blaze of Glory ability and wanted thoughts on it.

Let's say I had a Lord-Arcanum and a Lord-Imperatant adjacent to each other on the battlefield during the Stormcast player's turn. The Lord-Imperatant takes 10 wounds (after all saves) during the combat phase. Blaze of Glory is proc'd at the same time that Cycle of the Storm would proc, and since it is the Stormcast player's turn, they can choose to have Blaze of Glory proc before Cycle of the Storm. SO you would roll the dice for Blaze of Glory, then heal the Lord-Imperatant one wound with Cycle of the Storm. Then the remaining damage would slay the Lord-Imperatant a second time and activate Blaze of Glory again?

This would essentially allow Blaze of Glory to activate twice on potentially large models like a Lord-Celestant on Stardrake or Yndrasta all in the instant of wounds being applied. BUT the combo can only happen on the Stormcast player's turn since on an opposing player's turn they would simply have Cycle of the Storm proc first? Or would the first instance of Blaze of Glory still happen regardless of it being before or after Cycle of the Storm?

Many thoughts confusing my head.

Let me know what you think.

Yup I pointed this out last week. You can also add Martyr's Strength to the combo to fight immediately each time you die, before you trigger Blaze of Glory. Add in more Arcanums to get more uses of Cycle of the Storm - with 3 Arcanums you would get to trigger Blaze and Martyrs Strength four times before removing your model from play.

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Yup I pointed this out last week. You can also add Martyr's Strength to the combo to fight immediately each time you die, before you trigger Blaze of Glory. Add in more Arcanums to get more uses of Cycle of the Storm - with 3 Arcanums you would get to trigger Blaze and Martyrs Strength four times before removing your model from play.

wow this is.. impressive.. thank you

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

My friend was arguing that this wouldn't work. because Cycle of the storms is worded

'Once per turn, when a friendly Stormcast Eternal model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing the slain model, you can heal 1 wound allocated to it. This model cannot use this ability on itself.' 

He argues that because of the 'instead of removing the slain model' it wouldn't be slain, because slain models have to be removed. I argued that order of operations would go 'model slain' -> 'Activate abilities around slain models' '-> ' Use cycle of the storm to bring model back' Could you help me explain this better to him?

11 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Yeah Gav stonks 📉 don’t think we’ll see the evo sky lost any more. 

Gavriel plus Vexillor still gives Evocators a 92 per cent chance of landing a charge from deep strike. My recommendation: buy, or at least don’t sell for this reason.

Edited by feadair

2 hours ago, feadair said:

Gavriel plus Vexillor still gives Evocators a 92 per cent chance of landing a charge from deep strike. My recommendation: buy, or at least don’t sell for this reason.

2 hours ago, feadair said:

Yeah all my friends are saying Gavriel is no more, but he’s still great. Investing in a vexillor is not a crushing requirement.

Does the "Shock and Awe" Allegiance ability not exist anymore for SE with the new Dominion release? It wasn't listed under Allegiance Abilities on the card that came in the Dominion box. I'm sure this has already been answered but I couldn't immediately find it.

57 minutes ago, Champasaur said:

Does the "Shock and Awe" Allegiance ability not exist anymore for SE with the new Dominion release? It wasn't listed under Allegiance Abilities on the card that came in the Dominion box. I'm sure this has already been answered but I couldn't immediately find it.

We don't know simply because the battletome can be and probably will be diffrent from dominion. We have to wait for leaks from tome. 

Whitefang confirmed the other new models. I gotta say I'm extremely excited to get another Priest! I know this stacks us with an envious amount of new kits, but it'll great to have melee, ranged, cav, chariot and a couple heroes with Thunderstrike armor.

Do y'all think the new ranged will be replacements for Judicators? It wouldn't make much sense to release a Knight Judicator that couldn't buff the new archers... glad I haven't opened my Black Watch box yet in case that's true.

Some of my friends and my brother have been giving me a hard time about the 5000+ points of fully painted SCE I cherish being useless once Dominion comes out. What are your thoughts on this? Do we think everything in sacrosanct chamber is going to be replaced? Same with Warrior chamber? Or are things like Liberators going to still be useful with a 3+ save for battleline? 

TLDR: Are my old models totally useless now? Haha. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, samkrow76 said:

Some of my friends and my brother have been giving me a hard time about the 5000+ points of fully painted SCE I cherish being useless once Dominion comes out. What are your thoughts on this? Do we think everything in sacrosanct chamber is going to be replaced? Same with Warrior chamber? Or are things like Liberators going to still be useful with a 3+ save for battleline? 

I'm thinking that GW should make a rottamation incentive, like old cars 😆

Edited by baiardo

I don’t think so homie.  I’m actually really excited to get my 3 Lord Arcanums out and let loose with some of the new options.  Tauralon gets a boost, and everybody is saying to be patient for changes to come, and I think they are right.  Each chamber really has its own identity.  My army was all foot models to drop on objectives while I pushed mortal wound spells hard, it wasn’t Shootcast Anvils *double-tap*Yawn but it was a reasonable army until MW started to fly all over; now it’s our turn to get a bit of that spice it would appear with smaller tables I’m confident Stormcast will be fun games back and forth, I don’t see many blow outs unless you can really learn how to layer out their revival mechanics.

Edited by Andalf
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, samkrow76 said:

Ignore them... your army isn't being replaced. Sacrosanct isn't being replaced. Vanguard isn't getting replaced. Warrior has some new additions but looking like nothing is being replaced. Again, we do not have the book yet. So people should stop assuming liberators are trash because vindictors get mortals on 6s.

The only unit that MIGHT be replaced is Judicators, but even then the new ranged unit doesn't have to be a replacement.

• Like 1

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

The only unit that MIGHT be replaced is Judicators, but even then the new ranged unit doesn't have to be a replacement.

Were judicators replaced by castigators? NO. So why you guys worry so much?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

I address it in my post right above samkrow's. I'm not convinced Judicators are being replaced, but if ANY of our units will be they make the most sense due to the new ranged hero.

>It wouldn't make much sense to release a Knight Judicator that couldn't buff the new archers<

The obvious answer is "Knight-Judicator can buff all ranged units" yet that still begs the question why it's specifically named after a battleline unit and not something different

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Castigators only replaced the previous worst unit in the game

On another note do you guys think Annihilators are on 50mm bases? They look slightly larger than 40mm, and if they're on 50mm it's super weird that they are only 3 wounds. I can't think of any other model with less than 4 wounds on that base size.

39 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

I am not worried, not really, I just wanted to know if anyone had thought of any cool combos and stuff for the new units to blend with the old. 

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Castigators only replaced the previous worst unit in the game

On another note do you guys think Annihilators are on 50mm bases? They look slightly larger than 40mm, and if they're on 50mm it's super weird that they are only 3 wounds. I can't think of any other model with less than 4 wounds on that base size.

It looked like 40mm to me, very little is on 50 that is not a hero.

1 minute ago, samkrow76 said:

It looked like 40mm to me, very little is on 50 that is not a hero.

Bullgors, Kroxigors, Kurnoth Hunters, Chaos Spawn, Rat Ogors, Crypt Flayers, Crypt Horrors, Spirit Hosts, Immortis Guard/Necropolis Stalkers, Felwater Troggoths, Rockgut Troggoths, Gorgers, Yhetees, Maneaters, Gyrocopters/bombers, Ripperdactyl/Terradon Riders