AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

It is a little hero-heavy. In my personal opinion running both Volturnos and a generic king does not make too much sense since only the general can use his command ability.  Running the Eidolon of the Sea and a tidecaster is not as redundant but magic is not the strong point of the IDK. I would run one or the other.

Split the eels in two units of three, use Volturnos as your general and with the Thralls you meet the battleline requirements. Then you would be at 1910 points. If you buy a command point for 50 you are good to go for a 2000 points game.

Edited by DocKeule

2 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Thanks a lot !

Is it allowed to play the eidolon of the sea as the eidolon of the storm ? 

Whilst not WYSIWYG, I doubt most opponents would have any issue with proxying one for the other, as long as it's clearly explained to them before the game.

You may have trouble doing this at a tournament tho.

14 hours ago, Molkaice said:

With the revamp of the eidolons what role does the aspect of the sea fits? The storm makes sense a force multiplier and can make everything hit harder (and shoot better as well), but outside of the bravery buff I don't see why I'd use aspect of the sea

You can do an ban two spells plus the Eidolon's tsunami of terror can be much more effective that the  tidecaster's and the Eidolon has better weapon-profiles. With the 3+ on bravery I think he is worth the 330 points. (I would not run both in the same game though).

Hi, i'm quite new to aos and i will join a league in my local shop. This is my list and i would love some feedback. Thank you.

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Mortal Realm: Shyish
- Enclave: Dhom-Hain
LEADERS
Volturnos, High King of the Deep (270)
- General
- Mount Trait: Voidchill Darkness
Isharann Soulscryer (130)
- Artefact: Gravesand Brooch
Isharann Soulrender (80)
- Artefact: Cloud of Midnight
UNITS
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (340)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
20 x Namarti Thralls (240)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (110)
- Retarius Net Launcher
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (110)
- Retarius Net Launcher
BEHEMOTHS
Akhelian Leviadon (340)
- Mount Trait: Ancient
BATTALIONS
Akhelian Corps (100)

2000/2000

The plan is stuck turtle and ishelan with big threats and "tanking" the center. Volturnos and morrsarr kill things and get objectives. Allopex flank and shoot nets.  Thralls and soulrender gets objectives and attack weak enemies and for more bodies. Soulscryer could get the thralls or the morrsarr depending of the battleplan or enemy for protecting them for turn 3. The batallion is just for lower drops and extra command point.

In other games i had reavers instead allopex, but they always die before they do something.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Edited by Torky

I think it is a fine army and you will probably do fine.

If you want to make it  more competitive i would swap out the soulrender and thralls for 2 more sharks (and turn all 4 of them into harpoon sharks) and 3 more ishlaen guards + turing Volty into a king.

But let us know how the army fares in the league

Edited by mrteige

10 hours ago, DocKeule said:

You can do an ban two spells plus the Eidolon's tsunami of terror can be much more effective that the  tidecaster's and the Eidolon has better weapon-profiles. With the 3+ on bravery I think he is worth the 330 points. (I would not run both in the same game though).

Considering the heavy casting armies out there, just being able to reroll two spells isn't exactly buff enough.  If you want to +1 to casting you have to be Ionrach  and that still isn't going to put you on even footing with lumineth, death, seraphon, or tzeetch.  Doesn't help that his warscroll spells are pretty short range.

3 hours ago, mrteige said:

I think it is a fine army and you will probably do fine.

If you want to make it  more competitive i would swap out the soulrender and thralls for 2 more sharks (and turn all 4 of them into harpoon sharks) and 3 more ishlaen guards + turing Volty into a king.

But let us know how the army fares in the league

Thanks a lot!

I didn't test sharks yet but net launcher seems useful, in the other hand I'll probably do more damage with harpoons.

Thralls normally do a fine job in my games killing monsters or hordes of weak enemies but I'll test some options during the league. Thank you :)

10 hours ago, Torky said:

Thanks a lot!

I didn't test sharks yet but net launcher seems useful, in the other hand I'll probably do more damage with harpoons.

Thralls normally do a fine job in my games killing monsters or hordes of weak enemies but I'll test some options during the league. Thank you :)

Like i said, i think you'll do fine. this was just my 2 cents to take it to a more cempetitive place and still use what you have ;)

I also like netlaunchers but for the most part you are not gonna use them as much as you think. You want to kill what you charge right away and harpoons are great for taking out support characters and softening/removing screens. 2x2 sharks with harpoons (combined with the turtle) gives you 24 shots that will be 3+, 3+, -1, 1 with rerolling 1's to hit. That gives you alot of stable damage output.

6 morrsarr does what they do, the 2 units of sharks can do quite a lot of damage if you have wounded the unit that you charges and the turtle is a beast in combat.
So you have good ranged damage, really good melee damage and a lot of movement in that army. That is why I like it. That being said the list you have will do fine in a non competitive invironment for sure.

• Like 1

Hello guys, so i've gifted myself for christmas the Idoneth Start collecting, the Bloodsurft Hunt + a box of Akhelian guard.

I plan to do a Path of Glory / Escalation campaign with a friend. I Wonder how should i build my Akhelian Guard. I want to have one of each (3x morsarr and 3x edsheeran) to try what's work and what's doesn't. And same with the allopexes, harpoon on one and net on the other.

Is that dumb or some options are def better than the others ?

1 hour ago, Sance said:

Hello guys, so i've gifted myself for christmas the Idoneth Start collecting, the Bloodsurft Hunt + a box of Akhelian guard.

I plan to do a Path of Glory / Escalation campaign with a friend. I Wonder how should i build my Akhelian Guard. I want to have one of each (3x morsarr and 3x edsheeran) to try what's work and what's doesn't. And same with the allopexes, harpoon on one and net on the other.

Is that dumb or some options are def better than the others ?

in my 2000 pts Akhelian Corps list i have all the different units you name here so go nuts.

You can always expand your army and all of these units have their place in the army.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, taintedtyphoon said:

Hi Guys i am looking to start an Idoneth deepkin army and in general i like the model range but i am not a big fan of the eels. Have any of you converted them or use alterative models?

In a FB group someone swapped the eels for Slaanesh seekers (just the mounts) so it looked like sea horse cavalry. It looked spot on but is kind of expensive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

Hi, 

I'm starting an idoneth army, and I have 6 eels. i was wondering what the best combination of ishlaen to morsarr would be?

Thanks

It all depends on how you wanna construct your army. right now i run mostly ishlaen guards but thats because i run mostly sharks as my damage output. You coud easily swap sharks for morsarr guards.

If I was to give an advise I would say build 6 (1x6) morsarr guards and 9 (3x3) ishlaen guards and then you have the eels you need for an akhelian corps army. ;)

On 12/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, mrteige said:

It all depends on how you wanna construct your army. right now i run mostly ishlaen guards but thats because i run mostly sharks as my damage output. You coud easily swap sharks for morsarr guards.

If I was to give an advise I would say build 6 (1x6) morsarr guards and 9 (3x3) ishlaen guards and then you have the eels you need for an akhelian corps army. ;)

Thanks. I know I'm goign to field lots of sharks, so I think I'll make Ishlaen Guard. 

On another note, can anyone suggest a  1300 point list? I'll be playing along side a Skaven Pestilens army. 

I was thinking something like this: 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin -

Enclave: Dhom-Hain

LEADERS Akhelian King (230) - General - Command Trait: Born From Agony - Bladed Polearm - Artefact: Cloud of Midnight - Mount Trait: Voidchill Darkness

UNITS

2 x Akhelian Allopexes (220) - Razorshell Harpoon

10 x Namarti Thralls (120)

BEHEMOTHS

Akhelian Leviadon (340) - Mount Trait: Ancient

BATTALIONS Akhelian Corps (100)

TOTAL: 1290/2000 WOUNDS: 73

I'm taking born from agony to help against mortal wounds.

Edited by LordRhulak