AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

A bunch of reasons:

-Endless spells.  Extremely strong in many cases (Tzeentch with Umbral Spellportal and Fate Dice, Chronomantic Cogs) undercosted for what they do and how they affect the battlefield.  Caster-heavy armies with a focus on Endless Spells will create combos and be able to destroy heroes/enemy wizards.  Sure there's 30" unbind range, but you just need your initial Umbral Spellportal to be cast from your backline, safely out of range and use the further one 18" up as your focal point.

-Command Ability stacking.  This is almost as bad - not all Command Abilities are created equal... those that allow extra activations of a unit(s) are worth more than the 50pts or battalion tax.  Lord Ordinators chain-activating Helstorm Rockets or Ballistae with a +1 to hit are going to be the new "meta," as is stacking bonus hits on Death units that you can restore if they die anyways.

I understand we're getting warscroll updates, but there needs to be a SIGNIFICANT overhaul, since the meta has shifted to Command Abilities and Endless Spells.  Daemonsmiths should be able to have the artillery fire out of shooting phase for points, or some other mechanic to keep up, because as it stands, we will get wiped off the board against other armies utilizing the combos that already exist.  I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about from playing this army so much for so long, but it's the overall shift of the meta.

And yes, I've played AoS 2.0 games.

Yeah I'm hoping we get something that allows us to keep up. I already have enough trouble as it stands without everything I play against getting new shiny toys. We can still use the spells, but I agree that without the mechanics to use them *with* we are at a distinct disadvantage. I love everything about the faction apart from how unmaintained it is compared to GW ones. Appreciate the compendium army aspect but it still shouldn't be as obviously underpowered as it currently is. They may yet surprise us! 

I'd like to keep positivity. Part of it is obviously because I don't want my money to have been "wasted", but also I feel that there's tricks and ideas that may not be played out yet. I also dislike the concept of giving up an army simply because it's no longer winning all/majority of the time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I'd like to keep positivity. Part of it is obviously because I don't want my money to have been "wasted", but also I feel that there's tricks and ideas that may not be played out yet. I also dislike the concept of giving up an army simply because it's no longer winning all/majority of the time. 

I was exaggerating with the selling-my-army thing.  But to be honest, the changes don't favor us as much as the other armies out there... but we are expecting warscroll overhaul/changes, so it may not be too too bad.  We shall see.

2 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I was exaggerating with the selling-my-army thing.  But to be honest, the changes don't favor us as much as the other armies out there... but we are expecting warscroll overhaul/changes, so it may not be too too bad.  We shall see.

Yeah i hawe a backup plan for second army too ;).

1 hour ago, Charly2912 said:

And besides LoA Updates, did you see the Zhar Vhyxa Fortress in Shyhish? What could that possibly mean for us? Or for our AoS degenerated kin maybe? ? 

Clearly plastic Chaos dwarves in 2019!!! But realistically it should at least contain a Chaos Dwarf lore tie in. My guess would be that they're siphoning the souls out of the waters to enslave as demons before Nagash gets a hold of them.

3 hours ago, Lobeau said:

Clearly plastic Chaos dwarves in 2019!!! But realistically it should at least contain a Chaos Dwarf lore tie in. My guess would be that they're siphoning the souls out of the waters to enslave as demons before Nagash gets a hold of them.

It's actually Zharr Vyxa the real name,  and it clearly mention "twisted duardin" sooo it's a good sign for what we call Chaos Dwarf!

I really like this idea of oil rig style forteress in middle of the sea. It give strong idea for fluff of my army

14 hours ago, Qcbob025 said:

It's actually Zharr Vyxa the real name,  and it clearly mention "twisted duardin" sooo it's a good sign for what we call Chaos Dwarf!

I really like this idea of oil rig style forteress in middle of the sea. It give strong idea for fluff of my army

If there ARE chaotic dwarfs from GW... I'm selling all of my DoK/Darkling Covens and getting them x 1000.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, FERRUMITE said:

With today’s faq having nothing related to Legion of Azgorh, and this statement regarding the open day, I think it’s fair to assume FW have done nothing and have nothing planned either regarding our army. Disappointed 

3F521BBF-0866-4105-B18B-9AA35FFA9C50.jpeg

I'm sure they'll put out something for FW AoS models, it just won't be until maybe Saturday itself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FERRUMITE said:

With today’s faq having nothing related to Legion of Azgorh, and this statement regarding the open day, I think it’s fair to assume FW have done nothing and have nothing planned either regarding our army. Disappointed 

3F521BBF-0866-4105-B18B-9AA35FFA9C50.jpeg

Unless I'm reading that wrong, that says they are committed to supporting it more not less?

27 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

What do y'all use to transport and protect artillery especially the dreadquake mortar? The official GW cases seem too small and with my experiences with pluck foam wouldn't prevent the mortar from rattling around and get stuck to the adhesive on the bottom.

Magnets are the future!

All GWs new sculpts demand magentized bases IMO.

Sheet metal from Home Depot, snip to fit in a big solid tub, drill holes and ****** it to the bottom of the tub, done.

If you have high magnet confidence you can even do base of tub and lid, with minis sticking to the top and bottom.

1 hour ago, Rumblefish said:

Magnets are the future!

All GWs new sculpts demand magentized bases IMO.

Sheet metal from Home Depot, snip to fit in a big solid tub, drill holes and ****** it to the bottom of the tub, done.

If you have high magnet confidence you can even do base of tub and lid, with minis sticking to the top and bottom.

I feel like the artillery would be difficult to magnitize unless they are on the base.

Also I am curious what word was censored, can't think of any that would fit...

54 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I feel like the artillery would be difficult to magnitize unless they are on the base.

Also I am curious what word was censored, can't think of any that would fit...

My buddies set up. This in the base and lid of a latched Rubbermaid.

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

• Like 1

I was also thinking about how to transport my LoA with more safety! So thanks for the advices here. The Picture helps a lot too! 

So you simply put magnets under the bases? 

And it was no surprise that GW themself didnt mention LoA in their FAQ as they also didnt bring out an AoS 2 preview as they did for the rest of their armies.

I also think, and mainly hope, that FW being Open Day is a good sign. We shall see in the comming week

7 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

What do y'all use to transport and protect artillery especially the dreadquake mortar? The official GW cases seem too small and with my experiences with pluck foam wouldn't prevent the mortar from rattling around and get stuck to the adhesive on the bottom.

P_20180607_144754.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Roark said:

Have to say, I'm looking forward to stacking 2 Castellans, and taking at least 3 units of Fireglaives.

Yeah this may be something I look into as well.  There are many -1 to hit debuffs, but not many -1 to wound.  I would still take 2 magma cannons over 30 Fireglaives though, if we're not allowed to stack.

20 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

One simple think i do with pluck foam is to cut a layout and with the waste, i cut them in little cube and fill the place with it. It help to support empty area, and with a sheet on it prevent the little cube from popping out. It create a little bit of static electricity... but i put a little sheet of bounce under my bag... and voilà!