AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 6/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, Entombet said:

Do you noticed that  Skullcracker is not in new ghb?.

Yeah I was just looking through it and logged on to comment, that has to be a misprint, the warscroll is still available on forgeworld. They usually do all they can to keep existing models available for play for people that own them, I'll be pretty pissed if they just refuse to make it playable anymore. 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:22 AM, Oldshrimpeyes said:

Was expecting to see something about allies in the GHB but after an initial pass I can't see anything. Am I missing something or has this been over looked again?

Yeah idk if we were overlooked in the chaos allies section, that would be horrible if they were taking away all of our allies too because we used to have plenty of people we could ally in. I'm assuming most of this is an oversight because it is the first time they are starting to print forgeworld material in the GHB. At least I am hoping, I was actually pretty hopeful when I heard about it because forgeworld takes so long with updates I was hoping they might have handed over just the points updates to GW which would mean they might come more regularly but that's just all speculation.

Oof.

While I'm hoping it's a misprint / omission, its something that I've been dreading. 

The cast is broken and they don't make it anymore. That being said, there's a ton in circulation and probably more conversions.
If emails don't work, an online petition could add that small note in the FAQ.

Cross your fingers.

I can semi understand the skull cracker. It's been OOP for a while now but for such a limited unit pool army, taking a choice away if you actually have one is mad. I know they don't like people converting things from none GW material but when they physically don't sell it anymore not sure I see the issue. 

The allies going is just madness though, literally no reason I can think of to justify it. Holding out for a correction via faq or update to the "battletome" pdf. 

Failing that pretend this year didn't happen and continue with the 2018 rules 😆

2 hours ago, mattbarker said:

Buff up and melt face? 

I think @Televiper11 is saying , is that w/o the Chaos Sorc. Lord, he can't buff the unit the way the list was designed around. Without any allies, it'd be near impossible to. Mystic shield doesn't exactly work on Kdaai.

Only having endless spells and ash storm would be limiting. 
It very much feels as these are omissions.

(whew)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackspine said:

I think @Televiper11 is saying , is that w/o the Chaos Sorc. Lord, he can't buff the unit the way the list was designed around. Without any allies, it'd be near impossible to. Mystic shield doesn't exactly work on Kdaai.

(whew)

Spot on.

We do have Fireball still though.

1 hour ago, Blackspine said:

(whew)

I know, I use him for the exact same thing. Was just looking for s brother in arms in sharing strategy incase this isn't a mistake.  Was about to line up another 6 fireborn from FW but this is really making me question my dedication 

36 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

I know, I use him for the exact same thing. Was just looking for s brother in arms in sharing strategy incase this isn't a mistake.  Was about to line up another 6 fireborn from FW but this is really making me question my dedication 

Yeah, I'd hold off until this gets clarified. K'daai would still have their uses, just less so, imo. If they FAQ allies back in, I'll be happy to run them in  big numbers again.

If not, I'm thinking of rebuilding my list from the ground-up around the Artillery Train + Blackshard Warhost.

I don't play The 9th Age or Legion of Azgorh, but was randomly flicking through their forum and saw this complete history of the Chaos dwarfs from the 80's to the present day (including Blood Bowl and Man o' War).

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/46255-chaos-dwarfs-through-the-ages-whfb/

I was exclusively a Big Hat guy in the 90's, and I thought it might be a nostalgia trip for others too.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

I was just thinking how cool some of the merc companies could fit in fluff wise because instead of paying them I'd love to build a narrative list where the Legion has just begun slipping into other realms to keep enslaving other races. Paint up the other models in chains. I was so bummed when we lost all of our hobgoblin slaves and now I can add slaves back into my army! Would be super fun for a narrative list but I haven't read through them enough yet to see if any of them would be competitive or not. I guess I know what I'm doing with my day off tomorrow lol.

Anyone see any that would match up well with the army yet?

Edited by Browncoat89

That's a super awesome take on the mercs!  Assuming we still cannot use the Skullcrackers, I was thinking the two big giants could be useful, or Skroug's menagerie for one giant and some furies, who are fast and can fly, though I haven't seen how they compare points wise to K'daai.

The vampire knights are also an interesting choice....or the flesheater courts if we can take a big dragony guy with them, I see no 'Royal' ones, but maybe they have peasant versions?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

That's a super awesome take on the mercs!  Assuming we still cannot use the Skullcrackers, I was thinking the two big giants could be useful, or Skroug's menagerie for one giant and some furies, who are fast and can fly, though I haven't seen how they compare points wise to K'daai.

The vampire knights are also an interesting choice....or the flesheater courts if we can take a big dragony guy with them, I see no 'Royal' ones, but maybe they have peasant versions?

Furies are 60pts. 

I've run them before for their cheap mvt and ability to act as chaff. That merc company is intriquing.

I'm seeing the potential in a Skroug's based list. Here's a rough draft:

Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque 
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel 
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
- Artefact: Chalice of Blood and Darkness 
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Pyrelock Pistol
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (90)
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (90)
5 x Furies (60)
- Allies
1 x Chaos Spawn (50)
- Allies
Chaos Gargant (170)
- Allies
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Blackshard Warhost (160)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 112

Maybe drop the Standard Bearer & the Blackshard Warhost to take some K'daai or Endless Spells but that third artefact is kinda tasty.

Could also drop the Chaos Spawn for an extra CP.

Edited by Televiper11