AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, The_Dudemeister said:

True, the good old RAW (rules as written) vs. RAI (Rules as intended). I think I'll wait untill the first FAQ update untill I play it that way. It's quite powerful and would also heavily devalue the Brimstone Familiar artefact that a Guild of summoners hero must take.

But not gonna lie, I hope it's intended. 😋

Yeah, this is quite interesting. If this is how it works that would be fantastic. 

20 minutes ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Havnt  has time to read through enough. I have a quick question. 
The anew azyr does not have heralds in the leader list anymore. 
have they been done away with?

No, they just changed their names like they did with the other gods heralds, and they now match the 40K names. So things like Changecaster, Fluxmaster, and Fateskimmer.

So lore wise, Disks of Tzeentch are bound Screamers. With all the streamlining that took place, I am baffled they did not give Screamers the disk attack profile. Would have gone a long way towards actually giving them a purpose (a glass cannon melee unit opposite flamers being a glass cannon ranged unit), and made the chariots more enticing as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

So lore wise, Disks of Tzeentch are bound Screamers. With all the streamlining that took place, I am baffled they did not give Screamers the disk attack profile. Would have gone a long way towards actually giving them a purpose (a glass cannon melee unit opposite flamers being a glass cannon ranged unit), and made the chariots more enticing as well.

Yeah,

Screamers just getting a minor points drop was baffling, they really needed something.

What is everyone's view on the LoC Loadout now? I was really hoping we'd be able to use our beaks and claws with our rod or sword now, but that's not the case.  

Hi guys I picked up an Aether War box for the KO but I’m weighing up whether or not to build a Tzeentch force too.

it would bring me to 3 armies along side KO and BoK, so three nice and distinctive individual styles.

The magister on disk doesn’t seem to be getting any love. Is he just considered garbage or has anyone any fun ideas for him?

A full flying list with the Aether war units, flamers, heroes on disks could be fun?

Tzeentch have such cool models I’m feeling hard pressed to sell that side. On the other hand being a beginner, collecting 3 armies is a bit daunting .

To be fair though I’ve currently got more DoT kits than Khorne!

15 minutes ago, ArmyOfGrodd said:

The magister on disk doesn’t seem to be getting any love. Is he just considered garbage or has anyone any fun ideas for him?

I think part of that has to be with him being an exclusive boxset model that might not ever come out separately.

It is a 40% increase in cost though. But he becomes much more mobile. The downside is that since he is larger, he becomes harder to hide. And since he flies, woods will no longer block line of sight to him.

20 minutes ago, ArmyOfGrodd said:

Hi guys I picked up an Aether War box for the KO but I’m weighing up whether or not to build a Tzeentch force too.

it would bring me to 3 armies along side KO and BoK, so three nice and distinctive individual styles.

A full flying list with the Aether war units, flamers, heroes on disks could be fun?

Tzeentch have such cool models I’m feeling hard pressed to sell that side. On the other hand being a beginner, collecting 3 armies is a bit daunting .

Magister on Disc isn't garbage, but there are a lot of high quality spellcasters in the book that compete with him. Regular magister is only 100 pts for a decent spellcaster on foot.  The spawndom on the casts is also really dumb.

If you are interested in collecting Tzeentch, two start collecting is really really good for the base of the army. 

40 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Yeah,

Screamers just getting a minor points drop was baffling, they really needed something.

What is everyone's view on the LoC Loadout now? I was really hoping we'd be able to use our beaks and claws with our rod or sword now, but that's not the case.  

Ran my LoC in guild of summoner and man it was pretty strong. He was general of my change host, and I gave him the feather charm.

I think with access to one drop I'd probably give the Lord of change  a more aggressive artifact. As you can keep your LoC relatively safe from most attacks by just picking to go first or 2nd depending on match up.  So mutability if you have lots of shooting. Otherwise wellspring is not a bad artifact making his cast and unbinds pretty much unstoppable.

1 minute ago, mmimzie said:

Ran my LoC in guild of summoner and man it was pretty strong. He was general of my change host, and I gave him the feather charm.

I think with access to one drop I'd probably give the Lord of change  a more aggressive artifact. As you can keep your LoC relatively safe from most attacks by just picking to go first or 2nd depending on match up.  So mutability if you have lots of shooting. Otherwise wellspring is not a bad artifact making his cast and unbinds pretty much unstoppable.

did you use the sword, beak or Rod? 

7 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

I have them. Built all 3 ways but did the general with the sword as he's painted.  Both melee options are about the same.  And only really matter if you take the artifact. 

I think the rod is a hair bit better. It does a tiny bit more damage on your turn, and sort of acts like a 3rd spell. Also has more threat range than melee. 

Of the two melee the beak is best out of the box with no upgrades.

Sword does most damage with buffs.

Edited by mmimzie

2 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I have them. Built all 3 ways but did the general with the sword as he's painted.  Both melee options are about the same.  And only really matter if you take the artifact. 

I think the rod is a hair bit better. It does a tiny bit more damage on your turn, and sort of acts like a 3rd spell. Also has more threat range than melee. 

Of the two melee the beak is best out of the box with no upgrades.

Sword does most damage with buffs.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. I only have 1 LoC and I have him with the sword right now. I haven't decided if I am going to get a second LoC and/or Kairos yet. 

3 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. I only have 1 LoC and I have him with the sword right now. I haven't decided if I am going to get a second LoC and/or Kairos yet. 

I went and got 2 more the 2nd I found out I could easily summon them. Did guild of summoners with them last night and have no regrets 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Yea this was the list I was concerned about, and yes this is a major issue of balance from what myself and at least two other people in my game store has thought about.  This is the kind of list that could just kill the game from what I have seen, and kinda makes me pessimistic for AoS. But, the sky hasn't fallen yet, and I didn't build / paint 2,500 points of idoneth just to give up now.  At least this could deal with the Petrifax elite problem people have been having, but from what I see I don't know if there is a counter to this.

Kinda makes me wonder how this made it past the play testers. Everything in the book seems at least passable, but this seems like the sky is actually falling.

Deepkin are quite Hardy against shooting bringing allies to soak shooting is definitely an option. All shooting attack gave to be picked at the same time for each unit. So the tzneetch player can only attack the outside of your bubble. Also multiple soulpriest the +3 charge guys can let you get on that quick flamers. Heck even a shark could ruin the day for a unit of flamers.

I think the shooting is strong, but hollow heart has had just as strong if not stronger shooting and magic.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Doesn't really matter. Here you can see the average damage of all three weapon options + Staff of Tzeentch. So even for the Rod we'd be in close combat, otherwise by itself it only does 2 damage on 4+ and 5+ save targets.

In comparison 3 Flamers (also including melee) in the Eternal Conflagration on the worst profile. So no hit bonus from Exalteds or for unit size.

Change.JPG

Edited by The_Dudemeister
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ArmyOfGrodd said:

It’s just that there is no compelling reason to buy him if you already have a regular magister. Other than Fun and if you just want to paint the model.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

I've been wanting to play Tzeentch for the longest time but being so new to AoS I suck at building lists. Suggestions on a good core list to start with using the models I do have already?

1 box of Acolytes (20)

1 box of Tzaangors (10)

10 x Tzaangors (built with dual blades and only a horn for my Thousand Sons list i was building to mess with 40k but not sure if i want to use these as i can paint better now and i dont like their basing)

1 box of Pink Horrors (10)

1 box of Horrors (10 blues 10 brims)

The Changling

Aetherwar Box (Magister on Disk, 3 Enlightened on Disks, 3 Skyfires, 3 Screamers).

I've been trying to build something with synergy but my lists always look like I randomly throw models into the builder lol.

I figure I'll have multiple lists and will buy more models but I'd like to get an actual army on the table and playing sooner rather than later without having to keep change everything all the time.

33 minutes ago, SwashBuccaneer said:

I've been wanting to play Tzeentch for the longest time but being so new to AoS I suck at building lists. Suggestions on a good core list to start with using the models I do have already?

1 box of Acolytes (20)

1 box of Tzaangors (10)

10 x Tzaangors (built with dual blades and only a horn for my Thousand Sons list i was building to mess with 40k but not sure if i want to use these as i can paint better now and i dont like their basing)

1 box of Pink Horrors (10)

1 box of Horrors (10 blues 10 brims)

The Changling

Aetherwar Box (Magister on Disk, 3 Enlightened on Disks, 3 Skyfires, 3 Screamers).

I've been trying to build something with synergy but my lists always look like I randomly throw models into the builder lol.

I figure I'll have multiple lists and will buy more models but I'd like to get an actual army on the table and playing sooner rather than later without having to keep change everything all the time.

At the very least you will want:
Another blue/brim box for your pinks (since each pink becomes 2 blues).
A Tzaangor Shaman to buff your disk riders.
Chaos Spawn because of your Magisters spell.

6 hours ago, mmimzie said:

I went and got 2 more the 2nd I found out I could easily summon them. Did guild of summoners with them last night and have no regrets 

So how many LOC's did you summon?  What was your list? I'm thinking of trying summoners for my first go with the new book I haven't played Tzeentch in awhile. 

1 hour ago, Nagash42 said:

So how many LOC's did you summon?  What was your list? I'm thinking of trying summoners for my first go with the new book I haven't played Tzeentch in awhile. 

I summoned two and we called it in the third turn. 

My list was

LoC W/ Feather Charm General (Bolt of Tzneetch) 
Fateskimmer W/Brimestone familiar (Tzneetch's Firestorm)
Change Caster (Unchecked Mutation)
Change Caster (fold reality)
Fluxmaster (Treason of Tzneetch)

10xPink
10xpink
10xpink

3xScreams

Change Host

Pendulum, Purple sun, Geminids, Suffocatiing grave tide, balewind

Would swap out grave tide and sun for spell portal.

• Like 2