AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

3 hours ago, Mutter said:

For a Gristlegore Court, your trait needs to be Savage Strike.

Also, did you happen to play in Shyish, or did you get all the spells just because you hail from there?

Yeah I know, just can't choose it in scrollbuilder for some weird reason.. 

We have a local tournament coming up without realmscape or spells. The twist is that you can choose the realm your army comes from and each wizard can choose a spell from that realm and artefacts only from that realm. Pretty cool idea actually. Hence, the spells :)

26 minutes ago, Vlagorescu said:

If you are playing BCR you ain't innit to win it

Ain't that the truth.

Still, I think those rules needlessly boost armies that have easy access to casters (who are already favoured due to scenarios like Places of Arcane Power), and severely disadvantages others.

6 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Ain't that the truth.

Still, I think those rules needlessly boost armies that have easy access to casters (who are already favoured due to scenarios like Places of Arcane Power), and severely disadvantages others.

I agree. It will always be like that though, some scenarios are just dumb and will always be included in any tournament causes of TO's decisions. 

2 hours ago, Marthen said:

So how do people feel about Hollowmourne? Horrors have always performed well for me, but the Grand Court abilities just don’t seem that great.

THe command ability adds an average of 5 inches of threat range and horrors have the easiest battalions to fill in my opinion. If you are already running a horror list and don’t want to be forced into a courtier general then hollowmourne adds some nice bonuses! Let’s look at the first one, re rolls of 1 to wound on the charge, our horrors wound on 3s so re roll ones is essentially a 3/4 success rate (it’s actually a tad higher but 3/4s is easier to visualize then me saying 7/9s) with a knight focused list this will be an increase you will feel, and the ability to add 5 inch to the threat range of a unit for a cp is better then the threat range increases of blister skin for knight units only. If you aren’t running a horror list then the abilites and extra battleline are near useless to you as other grand courts are better for our other units (although in some scenarios flayers like the command ability too, it’s just that we have a spell that does similar to it so it’s not needed)

Little out there question - 

How likely do you think it is that Flesh Eater Courts allies will be expanded on in GHB2019? In particular do you think it's likely Nighthaunt could be made allies in light of the new tome including fluff where the two work in tandem?

I mostly as as now I have more or less 1600 points of FEC which makes for quite a visually satisfying collection of models without any duplicate units. I'd really like to add a little variety by adding a handful of spooks.

Just a question

Cheers

Johnny

Two more Serfs for the levies, then took a break from the Ghoul slog and built this bad boy. I was not all that impressed when I first saw the model, but after getting it in my hands I have to say it is awesome. Maybe one of my all time favorite sculpts, just went and ebayed two more!

BF4FBB38-350F-4524-91FD-F14A04424DB1.jpeg

94368E61-CCF5-4A23-80F4-29FD22072753.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 hours ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

THe command ability adds an average of 5 inches of threat range and horrors have the easiest battalions to fill in my opinion. If you are already running a horror list and don’t want to be forced into a courtier general then hollowmourne adds some nice bonuses! Let’s look at the first one, re rolls of 1 to wound on the charge, our horrors wound on 3s so re roll ones is essentially a 3/4 success rate (it’s actually a tad higher but 3/4s is easier to visualize then me saying 7/9s) with a knight focused list this will be an increase you will feel, and the ability to add 5 inch to the threat range of a unit for a cp is better then the threat range increases of blister skin for knight units only. If you aren’t running a horror list then the abilites and extra battleline are near useless to you as other grand courts are better for our other units (although in some scenarios flayers like the command ability too, it’s just that we have a spell that does similar to it so it’s not needed)

I like hollowmourne since it will also effect your flayers. Good all around court.

46 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Don't think that's gonna happen.

FEC and NH don't really go together. And with Deadwalkers, Deathlords and Deathmages, GW has already shown the direction they see for FEC.

GHOULS AND GHOSTS THO! AND YOU CAN PLAY THE HAUNTED HOUSE THEME (from Disney haha) it would be cool to see a battalion (like the one idoneth and Sylvaneth get)

30 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Two more Serfs for the levies, then took a break from the Ghoul slog and built this bad boy. I was not all that impressed when I first saw the model, but after getting it in my hands I have to say it is awesome. Maybe one of my all time favorite sculpts, just went and ebayed two more!

BF4FBB38-350F-4524-91FD-F14A04424DB1.jpeg

94368E61-CCF5-4A23-80F4-29FD22072753.jpeg

I like the design but is anyone else’s bothered by his chin splitting? My only complaint for the kit really, I need to take green stuff to mine