AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Hi guys, old old vampires player here! 

I looked at the nex box and was thinking about a fresh start. 

Lot of my friend told me they’re not competitive right now, what do you think? Could be a good opt to buy the new box and a start collecting before the price raising or they will still be nerfed without a new codex? 

10 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

Lot of my friend told me they’re not competitive right now

Ben souza (spelling optional) placed pretty high with a 2xgkotg, gkozd, 3x10ghouls plus arkhan list (if I remember correctly).

FEC was pretty devestated in the past, but the new GHB18 with the revised summoning rules opened up a lot of crazy options for us.

still not an easy army to play, but definitely playable 

34 minutes ago, Honk said:

Ben souza (spelling optional) placed pretty high with a 2xgkotg, gkozd, 3x10ghouls plus arkhan list (if I remember correctly).

FEC was pretty devestated in the past, but the new GHB18 with the revised summoning rules opened up a lot of crazy options for us.

still not an easy army to play, but definitely playable 

Revised summoning rules? I looked into the ghb but I didn’t find new rules for fec 

2 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Ben Souza and Alan actually won large GTs with monster mash FEC 

i did a quick rundown of that list here:

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/how-to-eat-flesh-have-your-cake-too-monster-mash-flesheaters/

Seems good but we play with some house rule to make some balancements. Like rule of one on command abilities and no evocation over starting point. So this list will be probably ineffective till some Geist dies 

5 hours ago, RocketMan said:

Revised summoning rules?

Well, since you’re starting with AoS I spare you the tearful details.

Generally speaking the warscrolls stayed the same, but the command abilities went from totally broken use every turn go crazy (pre-generals handbook), to totally stupid/don’t bother if you don’t have a cunning plan (you don’t; ghb 17) and now a strong strategical option but I think well balanced, since you can only summon once per game with each model.

Wait, I’ve been playing aos since d1 With stormcast and beastclaw so I’m new to summon mechanics in ghb2018 but not new to aos in general.  We use some house rules to balance some armies. So rule of 1 on command ability and evocations only is you don’t go over starting army point. 

Btw I really like the monster list, and is also easy to make with just 3 start collecting but what about a 1500/1750 list? 

14 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

Wait, I’ve been playing aos since d1 With stormcast and beastclaw so I’m new to summon mechanics in ghb2018 but not new to aos in general.  We use some house rules to balance some armies. So rule of 1 on command ability and evocations only is you don’t go over starting army point. 

Btw I really like the monster list, and is also easy to make with just 3 start collecting but what about a 1500/1750 list? 

Few things:
1. The points in the GHB are balanced to assume summoning. If you aren't using the summoning rules (correctly), then you are at a disadvantage playing FEC.  Most lists will summon over 300 points turn 1.  The "house rules" are hurting you for sure. You shouldn't need house rules with AoS 2.0

2. You really need to look at / use the FAQ/Errata for all of the relevant publicaitons for your army.  This would be the GHB and FEC battletome. If you use Endless spells, the Malign Sorcery errata also.   If you are playing with the warscrolls as they are in the battletome, you're playing a whole different game than the rest of us. 

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_flesh-eater_courts_errata_en.pdf

edit.  USUALLY the warscrolls in the AoS phone app have the correct/updated rules on the warscrolls, but not always.  Warscrolls from the internet are often outdated.  But the publication+errata is the ultimate authority) 

Edited by sorokyl
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Looking forward to seeing the warscroll for the archregent! Might be time to start dusting off my ghouls again and getting the FEC in order.

Same here

19 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

I am sorry to point that out but that house rule is utter BS. Most factions with summoning (FeC for example) need it and it‘s an important part of their playstyle.

I know old WHF players might think it‘s broken but in truth those factions with summoning really need it in order to be able to win.

if you want to play FeC without summoning your opponent should grant you 30% more points.

sth. Actually warranted to restrict via house-rules is the buff staking of DoK armies, apart from that I don‘t see anything broken apar from insanely good rolls 😄

Edited by JackStreicher

25 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Same here

I am sorry to point that out but that house rule is utter BS. Most factions with summoning (FeC for example) need it and it‘s an important part of their playstyle.

I know old WHF players might think it‘s broken but in truth those factions with summoning really need it in order to be able to win.

if you want to play FeC without summoning your opponent should grant you 30% more points.

sth. Actually warranted to restrict via house-rules is the buff staking of DoK armies, apart from that I don‘t see anything broken apar from insanely good rolls 😄

I understand that, but I don’t make the rules :/ 

So with this house rules you don’t suggest starting a fec army right ? 

29 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

I understand that, but I don’t make the rules  

So with this house rules you don’t suggest starting a fec army right ? 

I would not make any sense. You better talk to the ones who make those rules and argue the fact of summoning being necessary. And that they perhaps rather try it than restricting it.

Edited by JackStreicher

42 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Well, sounds like a fun group...*coughing dust* 🤣

Group is nice, we try to work together as a group when some fix is needed. We play not hyper competitive so this rule was introduced to avoid tournament with too much tight army lists 

14 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

Group is nice, we try to work together as a group when some fix is needed. 

Well, maybe you need to fix this then, if you’re interested in FEC.

if you consider the Souza list, for you to activate any of your summoning, one if your monsters had to bite the dust... else you don’t have 160 points to summon. Since every CA is only onetime use, a good sniper will kill the ones who could still summon. 6 kurnoth could get the job done across the board.

If you like the look and are excited about the army, just go for it an you can figure out the house rule stuff later. It is true, that pre-ghb death has burned many bridges and a lot of players are scared or have wrong impressions about the summoning rules as they are right now (seraphon summons way more, beastmen , tzeentch...) 

I‘ve played the FEC punching bag through whole ghb16/17 and have not regretted it. even managed to kick some serious butt with a „low-tier“ army.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Honk said:

Well, maybe you need to fix this then, if you’re interested in FEC.

if you consider the Souza list, for you to activate any of your summoning, one if your monsters had to bite the dust... else you don’t have 160 points to summon. Since every CA is only onetime use, a good sniper will kill the ones who could still summon. 6 kurnoth could get the job done across the board.

If you like the look and are excited about the army, just go for it an you can figure out the house rule stuff later. It is true, that pre-ghb death has burned many bridges and a lot of players are scared or have wrong impressions about the summoning rules as they are right now (seraphon summons way more, beastmen , tzeentch...) 

I‘ve played the FEC punching bag through whole ghb16/17 and have not regretted it. even managed to kick some serious butt with a „low-tier“ army.

i have to see some other warscrolls before reporting the group this problem though :D

Edited by RocketMan
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, RocketMan said:

Group is nice, we try to work together as a group when some fix is needed. We play not hyper competitive so this rule was introduced to avoid tournament with too much tight army lists 

You can avoid this only by self-restricting whille building your lists, so you can build a list with summoning that will be fair and fun to play with and against, but if you restrict summoning you make armies that don't use it stronger by default, for example - stormcast can steamroll pretty much any army that have summoning if you take it away from them, therefore restricting summoning does not do anything good for anybody.

• Haha 2

Just picked up 2 boxes of ghouls, a varghulf courtier and 4 start collectings. Looking forward to FEC! Figured id build 1 of each dragon variant with/without AGK on top and i guess split the big guys in half between flayers and crypt horrors..make a courtier of each as well.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, CanHammer-darren said:

Ben Souza and Alan actually won large GTs with monster mash FEC 

i did a quick rundown of that list here:

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/how-to-eat-flesh-have-your-cake-too-monster-mash-flesheaters/

It’s Bill Souza (not Ben) but I still love you all 😉. Twitter has spoken and it looks like I’ll be taking FEC to LVO as well. I just can’t seem to put them down haha.  

I read your review Darren; how are you getting pinions on Arkhan? If I’m missing something and I can take it I absolutely will but he can only choose if in allegiance correct?

• Haha 1