Event Title: Steel City Sigmar
Event Author: Bill_S
Calendar: Events USA
Event Date: 03/12/2017 11:15 AM to 03/12/2017 07:00 PM
Format: Singles (1v1) 2000 points per person
Date: March 12th, a Sunday
Time: Please be here no later than 11:15am. Set up at 11:45am. Dice roll no later than 12:00pm.
Entrance Fee: $20.00 per person
Legions Games and Hobbies
1130 Perry Hwy
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Please contact me email@example.com to sign up if and only if you can commit to playing on the day of the event.
Rules For Steel City Sigmar Tournament Series Event
The Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules, the MOST RECENT warscrolls, and all GW FAQs will be in use.
MODELS AND POINTS:
1. Each player must bring a Battlehost army consisting of 2000 points or fewer in accordance with the matched play rules in the Age of Sigmar General’s Handbook.Forge World will be legal for this event.
NOTE: All measurements to and from models will be done from the base. Both square and round bases are allowed.
2. All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All weapons, war gear, and so forth must be represented on the model unless otherwise approved (see number 3). Your models do not need to be painted but they do need to be FULLY assembled.
3. Pictures of conversions or "counts as" models must be emailed to the Tournament Organizer. There is an expectation that your conversions or "counts as" models are "hobby quality." No "toys" will be allowed.
4. As we do not have the resources to check army lists before the event we ask that you review your opponent’s army list before the round. We cannot do anything about miscounted or illegal army lists after the fact.
HOW THE TOURNAMENT WORKS:
• Competitors will participate in three (3) games over the course of the day. In each game, you will play a scenario and record the outcome of the battle on your results sheet. Each round you will play a different opponent.
• Each round will last 2 hours. Players may begin playing as soon as they have finished deployment.
• In the first round, players will be matched up randomly. After the first round, players will be matched up according to current rankings in the tournament (based on the number of points they've scored) e.g., the person in first place will play the person in second place and so on. If a person receives a BYE they will be awarded max points.
• You will not play the same person twice
• We will do our best to prevent players from playing on the same table twice.
• The pairings for each round will be posted as soon as they are determined. Please be sure to arrive at your table ready to play right away.
• Slow playing will NOT be tolerated. If you suspect your opponent is slow playing PLEASE notify the tournament organizer as soon as possible as we can not do anything about alleged slow play after the fact.
• Each game will be played on a 4' x 6' board.
• Players will receive Results Sheets at the beginning of each round. Each results sheet must be filled in properly to ensure that match-ups and point totals are correct. Once Results Sheets are completed they are to be turned in to the tournament organizer so the scores can be entered into the computer.
We will be utilizing three of the six missions listed in the matched play section of the Age of Sigmar General’s Handbook. They will be randomly selected before each round. Rounds will be 2 hours long.
What You Need to Bring with You:
-Your (hopefully painted) miniatures
-At least THREE copies of your army list
-Rulebooks and any additional books you need
-Pen and paper
-Dice and templates
-Something to transport your army from table to table
Best General- Store Credit
Second Best General- Store Credit
Third Best General (pending attendance) – Store Credit
Best Appearance – Every model must be painted and based to qualify – Store Credit
Smokin' Boots - You got crushed... and you deserve an award for your epic failure.
ITC Points- This is an ITC event and scores will be submitted to the ITC database for the AoS ITC rankings. You can visit the ITC page at: https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/
SCS Points- Points will be awarded towards the steel city tournament series. See below for details.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
How the Steel City Sigmar Tournament Series Works:
In an effort to create a more unified community, consistent attendance, a large scale goal for players, and some friendly competition amongst the community we are introducing the AoS Steel City Sigmar Tournament Series. At the end of the year the top players in the community will be rewarded with some handsome rewards.
· Every player will be awarded points just by attending.
· The amount of points you can earn vary based on the size of the event
· Points are awarded based on the number of players in descending order
· Ex. If there is a 12 person event; the player in first place will earn 12 points while the player in last would earn 1.
· People who commit to attending an event and are a no-show without notification will be docked points based on the size of attendees.
· Awards at the end of the year will vary based on success of the system.
· Ex. If we grow to the point where we run a GT the prizes will be greater vs. 10 months with only 6 person events so get your friends involved!!
· Awards will be for the same as each individual events:
· Best General (Most series points)
· Second Best General (2nd most series points)
· Third Best General (3rd most series points)
· Best Appearance (most best appearance wins)
· Smoking Boots (most smoking boots “wins”)
Steel City Sigmar