AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

On 9/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, CDM said:

Is there a discussion anywhere about FEC wishlisting for a model expansion?

1. Crossbone men/ long bone men (boneshard archers?)

2. Robin Rookgnaw fighting for the return if the King (Ushoran)

3. Traveling Artists/Court Jesters driving a huge wagon, seen in a FeC Artwork.

4. Squires - supporting knight units

5. Royal Knights (armoured flayers)

6. Royal Guard - Lower Strigoi Vampires

7. Empress/Queen

8. Royal Sorcerer

9. Hounds

10. Bone-Sinew Chariot

11. Beast Hunters (Knights with spears/ big bine weapons)

12. Royal Hawks (Vampire Bats)

13. Marrow Hurler - Catapult

14. Bone Lance(r) either a Ballista or some kind of actually mounted lower vampires

15. The black Knight

16. The White Knight (both trying to surpass their counterpart)

17. The kitchen staff - a amalgamation of mutated ghoul horrors - for some deluded reason no one minds them joining the fray.

and maany maany more

Edited by JackStreicher

On 1/1/2023 at 7:37 AM, Sception said:

bonesplitters got rolled back into orcs.  you can run other new orc models alomgside your savage orcs if you want.  i would honestly have fewer complaints about the fec range if they had been reabsorbed into the gravelords.

The grass is always greener I suppose. I would have rather that they had remained separate, as now they can be ignored by the developers. Hell, we never even had a start collecting box.

On the bright side, they will have to release something with the FEC battle tome, and I hope that our release is similar to Sylvaneth's. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is everyone's hopes and predictions for the new book?

I think it is almost a given that courts of delusions are going away. The subfactions are going to be stripped down to just single individual rules and Battleline unlocks. I think Blisterskin will stay 2+ movement, but the rest are probably going to be tweaked a bit. I would really love for the command abilities in the subfactions to be made available army wide, but that probably isn't happening. Our spells are going to be reduced to 4. Three will stay (hopefully Blood Feast, Monstrous Vigor, and Spectral Host) and one new. Similar cuts will be made to our artifacts, command traits, and mount traits.

Outside of new models of course, I would like to see us keep our White Dwarf heroic action.

Our Cadaverous Barricade is tempting at 40 points, put it back to 30 and I might be sold.

We lost our Battalions, and I would love to see us get more ways to amp up our units. Maybe have non-courtier versions of our Courtiers that provide aura buffs to their respective knights and serfs. Ghasts providing battleshock immunity to ghouls nearby. Haunters that grant rend to horrors. Infernals that make flayers able to run and charge. Varghulf that get the bodyguard rule around abhorrents. Stuff like that.

More units are my biggest wish, but secondly I would like to see Ghoul Spam become a valid option again. 30 wounds on a 6+/6++ isn't a big hurdle to chew through.

What are you guys expecting/ hoping for?

• 2 weeks later...

I would not dare to dabble with predictions, as for my hopes:

- Carrion King centerpiece model, riding an incarnate of madness (Klondspine but FeC themed)

- A handful of new heroes representing court positions (Confessor, Spymaster, Huntsmaster, Master of Ceremonies, Royal Fool etc.)

Having an extremely limited range of models, gave me the idea of making the Ghouls a modular unit. During the game, nearby heroes could give them extra abilities much like how Tyranids and Synapse work nowadays. In my opinion this would play into the madness theme of the army, and give a huge amount of utility to the most basic unit in the army.

For example in a 12" aura a hero could select a ghould unit to benefit from a single buff for the whole round. In addition to being a priest, the confessor could give the ghouls on death mortal wounds, the Spymaster movement and charge bonuses, Huntsmaster extra rend and better hit/wound, MC an additional wound point (like the Glottkin's signature spell), the Fool could give the unit a debuff aura.

I feel like the whole spreading madness theme is a bit underrepresented in the book right now.

• LOVE IT! 1

Like Bonzai said, the 4 curent subfactions will be cut down to one single ability each. Maybe battleline option will stay as they are.

i don't belive in new models. but i do belive that horros will get buffed. maybe just like Ogor Gluttons. They got -1 Rend and 2" reach. nothing special but maybe good enough to consider a pick besides flayers. 

most of the batlletome will be the same. feeding frenzy could be cast by champions too.

good thing is, you will be able to play feast day delusion in blisterskin. but i'm not expecting a lot of love or new things. 4-6 battle tactics, 3 grand strategies and 3 batailons. each of this things tied up to Ghouls, Horrors and Flayers

• 1 month later...

So there was finally a restock at my local shop and I finally got my new GHB. Figured I would run my updated list by you guys.

- Army Faction: Flesh-eater Courts
     - Subfaction: Blisterskin
     - Grand Strategy: Take What’s Theirs
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (450)**
     - Artefacts of Power: The Grim Garland
     - Mount Traits: Gruesome Bite
     - Spells: Blood Feast
Abhorrant Archregent (240)**
     - General
     - Command Traits: Hellish Orator
     - Artefacts of Power: Eye of Hysh
     - Spells: Flaming Weapon
Varghulf Courtier (160)**
BATTLELINE
Crypt Flayers (540)*
Crypt Flayers (180)**
Crypt Flayers (180)**
OTHER
Crypt Horrors (220)*
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Cadaverous Barricade (20)
TERRAIN
1 x Charnel Throne (0)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Galletian Veterans
**Warlord
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

What are you guys running these days?

On 3/17/2023 at 2:08 AM, bonzai said:

What are you guys running these days?

Thought about a similar list, with

AAR - GK - GkoTg - Infernal (General, Wizard)

2x6 flayers + 2x10 ghouls 

that’s 1870

with 130 tba 🥶

for endless, ghouls or second infernal (GC)

Not sure about 9 flayers units, galetians helps, but still tricky to position and place on a tight table.
Horrors without rend still not really worth it imo.

more bodies could be nice, second infernal as champion or barricades and the stampede sounds all debatable 🤷🏿‍♀️

The Lady protects 

So FEC are not one of the two springtime death books.  On the one hand, boo, they really need an update.  On the other, at least there's still hope that when the 3e FEC book does release, it might yet do so with a more significant model wave attached, rather than just a pity hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sception said:

it might yet do so with a more significant model wave attached, rather than just a pity hero.

Just like the sky-dwarves 🤣

but I hope they get some decent rules and a 30% range increase… blender gk hulk and elite infantry would be nice, maybe some vermin with sneaky vanguard skillz (like the nurglings)

Edited by Honk

15 hours ago, Sception said:

So FEC are not one of the two springtime death books.  On the one hand, boo, they really need an update.  On the other, at least there's still hope that when the 3e FEC book does release, it might yet do so with a more significant model wave attached, rather than just a pity hero.

There is a leak that FEC and Stormcast will be the  the two armies in the next warcry box. Between the year end Ghoul king and these ghouls, GW has definitely been having fun designing new models. Hopefully there is more than one more incoming.

https://youtu.be/dfwdWoDT_MI

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bonzai said:

There is a leak that FEC and Stormcast will be the  the two armies in the next warcry box. Between the year end Ghoul king and these ghouls, GW has definitely been having fun designing new models. Hopefully there is more than one more incoming.

https://youtu.be/dfwdWoDT_MI

Thanks for the link!  Dang, I really want the terrain from the soulblight-vs-stormcast box, but I've already got the minis in the set from underworlds.  Do warcry vs. box terrain sets typically get released separately later?

As for the FEC guys... they look ok.  The leader(?) I like in particular, but the rest... they're not bad.  I keep hoping that some sculptor is going to crack the code of portraying the FEC as the monsters they are while still capturing some sense of the noble knights they see themselves as in their delusions.  I don't know if any FEC models ever will be able to capture that dichotomy, but these ones aren't quite what I'm looking for yet.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/24/2023 at 10:49 AM, Sception said:

Thanks for the link!  Dang, I really want the terrain from the soulblight-vs-stormcast box, but I've already got the minis in the set from underworlds.  Do warcry vs. box terrain sets typically get released separately later?

As for the FEC guys... they look ok.  The leader(?) I like in particular, but the rest... they're not bad.  I keep hoping that some sculptor is going to crack the code of portraying the FEC as the monsters they are while still capturing some sense of the noble knights they see themselves as in their delusions.  I don't know if any FEC models ever will be able to capture that dichotomy, but these ones aren't quite what I'm looking for yet.

I think that part of the issue with the new models is the lighting and color scheme with which they are being shown. Dark....fur(?) on a dark background really hides a lot of potential details. I can't tell if that is their hair or if they are wearing pelts. Similarly the bone color isn't too dissimilar from the skin color they are using. It all just muddles together. Hopefully they will be a lot cooler looking than what they have shown. I think that they are going for a more savage jungle themed unit for this one in particular due to the narrative. Maybe that will play out as some sort of ambush mechanic in the AoS rules.

As for the terrain, I am unaware of underworlds ever doing a terrain box separately.

Edited by bonzai

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

Anyone have leaks/ideas on a new tome timeline (or new models, dare I dream)? I really like my old Gristlegore squad... but they just need help.

I'd imagine we may find out more this weekend at warhammer fest. If I remember correctly it's only cities and ghouls left to get 3.0 tomes so one is coming sooner than the other. I'd expect one around summer and one around autumn/winter.

17 hours ago, bonzai said:

The others look like great updates, but I agree on the baboons... I just don't see the place for them. I really hope they aren't going with a more "beastmen" aesthetic. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, pikachoux said:

I really hope that FEC will have more stuff than just this litttle guy.

I'd be surprised if we don't get a range expansion, even if its just a couple of units. They said at warhammer fest that the winter tome MIGHT be an army that hasn't seen any love since 3rd edition came out and that it MIGHT come alongside more models. When we reach winter, there will be only one battletome/army that hasn't got a 3.0 book, so it will obviously be FEC, and it sounds like they're getting some love.

I'm trying to remember what the Sylvaneth got last time around (I think it was the Bug Riders and Archers?) - I'd like to see something like that at minimum.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:24 PM, bonzai said:

The vanguard box makes me think that those models aren't being re-worked.

That's a good point, I'm hesitant to hope for it as well.