AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 minute ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

There's definitely some potential in Beasts being led by Daemons

Also access to cheap minimum core if you want it, two units who take great advantage of Euphoric killers (Bestigors and Bullgors), and more fast elements to help keep up with the army. I'm primarily a BoC player but I'll be swapping to HoS - it does BoC better and gives me access to some of the tools needed to compete in the current meta (and access to an actual monster character). 

I think it's fair to be disappointed. It looked like there may be a cool new design for mortals coming. Instead we are losing two mortal warscrolls.

I feel like we will be still gaining at least one, maybe two in the hellstriders. I'm still excited to see what we get. 

Just now, carnith said:

The no new mortals posts are getting a little old. Yes we are all disappointed but at this point what would you have done? Ask gw to delay our book for 2-3 years for them to design new mortals? 

This 100% - I'm usually a big advocate for 'everyone gets their opinions, even the negative ones' but its become a refrain that just rounds through every 2 or 3 pages at this point. I will grant at this point there isn't a ton of productive work to be done because we don't have the book yet but I'd much rather focus on how to use the new tools than on the 'slight' of no new mortals. 

• Like 1

I've been a bit of a wet blanket about speculation. I think the scrolls are changing too much and the points are uncertain enough that there is little to talk about. 

I think Saturday morning you will see tons of great content.

Just now, carnith said:

It’s the same but now clarifies mortalnwpunds which is did long ago until they faqd it up

Note, things like chariot charges and the Dark Temptations refusals do not generate DP as they are not attacks or spells.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Also access to cheap minimum core if you want it, two units who take great advantage of Euphoric killers (Bestigors and Bullgors), and more fast elements to help keep up with the army. I'm primarily a BoC player but I'll be swapping to HoS - it does BoC better and gives me access to some of the tools needed to compete in the current meta (and access to an actual monster character). 

I don't think bullgors and bestigor count as battleline outside of boc, just gors and ungors. Still ungor raiders that hit twice on 6's might be nice

Just now, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I don't think bullgors and bestigor count as battleline outside of boc, just gors and ungors. Still ungor raiders that hit twice on 6's might be nice

Who cares if they don't count as core? They're still cheap as chips - you can take the depraved drove with your minimum battle line (30 ungors) for 730 points including the 30 bestigors. Toss in Ssyl which I'm expecting puts you to roughly 950~ points and you've still got a lot of room to add in other toys. And what you get out of it is an absolute blender of a unit, Bestigors are already good. Bestigors tat get 3 hits per 6 with access to re-roll 1s to hit are amazing. 

Just now, SwampHeart said:

Who cares if they don't count as core? They're still cheap as chips - you can take the depraved drove with your minimum battle line (30 ungors) for 730 points including the 30 bestigors. Toss in Ssyl which I'm expecting puts you to roughly 950~ points and you've still got a lot of room to add in other toys. And what you get out of it is an absolute blender of a unit, Bestigors are already good. Bestigors tat get 3 hits per 6 with access to re-roll 1s to hit are amazing. 

Fair point, Shagoths also seem like a good investment being a meaty hero that can heal for even more sweet depravity.

22 minutes ago, kahadin said:

I've been a bit of a wet blanket about speculation. I think the scrolls are changing too much and the points are uncertain enough that there is little to talk about. 

I think Saturday morning you will see tons of great content.

Why saturday morning? The tome isn't out till the next week right?

36 minutes ago, carnith said:

The no new mortals posts are getting a little old. Yes we are all disappointed but at this point what would you have done? Ask gw to delay our book for 2-3 years for them to design new mortals? 

Yup. I wouldnt mind waiting. People across the web are calling this a discount/half release. Anyway thats my opinion. There is a post on facebook where someone stated if they had no idea where to take the other half of a faction they shouls od held it back. Their words not mine.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

BoC will squeze in pretty good. ungor raiders for chaff. The brayshaman causing opponents unit to move when they dont want to. Some of the heroes are decent options. The way our mechanics seem to work BoC may get more milage in slaanesh then the other gods.

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yup. I wouldnt mind waiting. People across the web are calling this a discount/half release. Anyway thats my opinion. There is a post on facebook where someone stated if they had no idea where to take the other half of a faction they shouls od held it back. Their words not mine.

That's fair.

I'm not sure I'd've stayed in the game till 2023 though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

And yet they gave us 2 mortal units in teh battletome already - just current ones not new ones.

Honestly the whole "I want more and want to wait" is fine, but at the same time this year is about more than those people; its about getting AoS 2.0 fully Battletome ready so that anyone can start any of the official armies without any issues and get stuck into the game. No having to read legacy rules; no having to cobble together allied forecs that don't quite work as normal; no house rules - just 1 rulebook 1 battletome and GO! 

If you're willing to wait a year or two for more models then, well, having stuff NOW doesn't get in the way of that one bit. In fact it means that whilst you're waiting you can also be playing not just sitting around lamenting being left behind or left out. 

Also there's some really neat changes, eg heralds now all being wizards is a huge change. A faction that once only had the keeper to access spells (form its core force) now can access them much more easily. Furthermore that ties in well since we are likely to see the Keeper rise in cost in points quite significantly now that its far bigger and much more powerful overall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shinros said:

I was expecting a release similar to what the other gods recieved. 

You mean a release that gave Tzeentch and nurgle endless spells? 
Maybe you mean a release like the one that gave Tzeentch a new terrain piece. 

Or maybe, a release that gave Skaven zero new models? 

1 minute ago, shinros said:

I've been waiting since whfb, I personally cant wait a little onger. As I said thats just me.

But... if they had waited until the mortals were ready, you would still be waiting longer whether or not this Hedonites book came out. It's not like they can just have the mortals ready RIGHT NOW but decided not to.

Edited by Unit1126PLL
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hebroseph said:

You mean a release that gave Tzeentch and nurgle endless spells? 
Maybe you mean a release like the one that gave Tzeentch a new terrain piece. 

Or maybe, a release that gave Skaven zero new models? 

Skaven have a more expansive plastic range than we do and have been updated more through the years. Also on the terrain piece and spells, I blame them for the reason why some factions dont get new models.