I’m finishing up a project now and always like to plan ahead, so the anticipation for my next project builds. 

With that in mind I’m looking to start a new army based on one of the following: 

-Nighthaunt 

-Disposessed 

-Moonclan

-Clan Skryre

My current armies are FEC, BCR and Freeguild, so something a little different to them would be cool. 

Customisation and conversion are also a big deal to me. If anyone has advice or suggestions I’d love to hear from you :) 

3 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Nighthaunt and Moonclan are both rumoured to be on the release cycle so I’d hold off starting either until something comes of it just incase your list or theme radically changes when they get AoSified.

That’s a good point I hadn’t considered. 

As of now I’m only looking to do 1000 points, so I could finish there then build up to 2000 if another release does come for them.

2 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I'd go ahead and say Moonclan. Unique aesthetic and a new model already here.

Plus Moonclan has a lot more options than Nighthaunt or Clan Skryre. Goblin themed or an all Squig force (!) For example, and while you probably won't tear up the top tables, it is quite competitive in my personal experience. 

Oh and you can get like 10 zillion grots from eBay very cheap to start off the force off on the cheap.

I'd say Dispossessed, with maybe Ironweld Arsenals allies ? Or idem, Skryre and Verminus ?

Or if you like green and conversion, Dispossessed and Sylvaneth allies (is it possible ?) Or use the Living city allegiance abilities, to represent the fabled Root Kings duardin.

If it's for painting and playing, then I'd go for Nighthaunt, as you've got the Legions of Nagash book to help you build out your force should you want to, as well as the GHB 2017 rules if you want to stay in faction. 

A buddy at the club I play at has a Legion of Sacrament army that heavily features Nighthaunt models, also has Arkhan, who looks incredible and it's a very good army (rend immune and lots of debuff spells, focusing on objective play), which sounds different to your current ones. You can also go pure Nighthaunt from the GHB 2017, although I think this is a narrower choice.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:46 AM, AthlorianStoners said:

My current armies are FEC, BCR and Freeguild, so something a little different to them would be cool. 

That sounds like Chaos to me!

On 5/6/2018 at 10:46 AM, AthlorianStoners said:

-Clan Skryre

I forgot how I don't like Skaven armies because none of them have free access to Clans Verminus. It just doesn't say Ratmen! to me  unless there are tons on the board.

53 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

That sounds like Chaos to me!

I forgot how I don't like Skaven armies because none of them have free access to Clans Verminus. It just doesn't say Ratmen! to me  unless there are tons on the board.

Haha yeah I’m thinking of leaning toward Skryre. The potential for conversions there is really enticing.

Archived