New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the rumors about Mistweaver Saih also include Tenebrael Shard?
I happened to notice some official art of Saih and Shard that has a very... aquatic vibe. It doesn't seem to be posted very many places online, but it's definitely not fan art. Shard himself looks REALLY aquatic, IMHO, with blue skin and blue hair - much more so than the way we usually see him painted in miniature.  What do you guys think?
30ff595a2540d22a4c188fa0646770cd.jpg.4a1217e508f73c45f20e376c702e600a.jpge10a6bbd59205ad1f2c0a5677a57fab1.jpg.d9f4e34acb00a0cf6f56c12bc1e3633c.jpg

I saw people saying that the Silver Tower "confirmed" that Saih is from Ulgu, but the actual quote is this: "A riddle ensconced in a mystery obscured by an illusion, everything about the sorcerous mistweaver Saih is a elusive puzzle. Some claim she is from the shadow - haunted Ulgu, although proof is not forthcoming." So we actually don't know where she is from, although I don't think being from Ulgu would exclude her from being a Deepkin. We don't know where Teclis created them, he could have made them in Ulgu. We know they vanished, and the realm of shadow is probably a pretty good place to vanish to. Also, while checking how to spell his name, I happened to notice that Teclis has lots of crescent moon symbols... just like Saih does...
teclis.jpg.537ff89772b8bea6952292c9cd386b54.jpg

16 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

I happened to notice some official art of Saih and Shard that has a very... aquatic vibe. It doesn't seem to be posted very many places online, but it's definitely not fan art. Shard himself looks REALLY aquatic, IMHO, with blue skin and blue hair - much more so than the way we usually see him painted in miniature.  What do you guys think?

I saw people saying that the Silver Tower "confirmed" that Saih is from Ulgu, but the actual quote is this: "A riddle ensconced in a mystery obscured by an illusion, everything about the sorcerous mistweaver Saih is a elusive puzzle. Some claim she is from the shadow - haunted Ulgu, although proof is not forthcoming." So we actually don't know where she is from, although I don't think being from Ulgu would exclude her from being a Deepkin. We don't know where Teclis created them, he could have made them in Ulgu. We know they vanished, and the realm of shadow is probably a pretty good place to vanish to. Also, while checking how to spell his name, I happened to notice that Teclis has lots of crescent moon symbols... just like Saih does...

In the DoK review I saw it mentions the Idoneth are based in Ghyran.  Still doesnt mean these two arent a part of them though.

Here is the quote I read on Mengel Miniatures review. "I'm sure the one everyone will be focusing on is the mention of the war against the Idoneth Deepkin in Ghyran"

In the highborn culture the crescent moon was associated with Lileath, patron of dreams and fortune.

1 minute ago, Drofnum said:

Here is the quote I read on Mengel Miniatures review. "I'm sure the one everyone will be focusing on is the mention of the war against the Idoneth Deepkin in Ghyran"

Maybe they have an underwater realm gates? Would be interesting, if they'd be  spread through all the corners of the underwater realms.

We also know they've raided Kreth - DoK cult?

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

In the highborn culture the crescent moon was associated with Lileath, patron of dreams and fortune.

Maybe they have an underwater realm gates? Would be interesting, if they'd be  spread through all the corners of the underwater realms.

We also know they've raided Kreth - DoK cult?

KO have sky realm gates and we know chaos has some fire realm gates in Aqshy so its definitely in the realm of possibility.  Kind of cool to imagine that they could be in any realm just undiscovered under the oceans.

1 hour ago, Drofnum said:

In the DoK review I saw it mentions the Idoneth are based in Ghyran.  Still doesnt mean these two arent a part of them though.

That doesn't confirm that they are based in Ghyran, just that they are fighting a war there. They could be invading Ghyran. We still don't know where they are from.

There is a passage in LoN where I think they are linked to Ulgu (although I do not have it here to check it). You know, the passage in which the point out that small towns and merchant fleets have been dissapearing by some predator looking to prey on souls. Not confirmed to be linked to the Deepkin, but the fact that this phenomenon is connected to aelves while at the same time not linking it to the major gods points out to Deepkin. 

30 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

That doesn't confirm that they are based in Ghyran, just that they are fighting a war there. They could be invading Ghyran. We still don't know where they are from.

Definitely true there.  I viewed it more as the DoK being the group that would have been invading/trespassing as we know they are largely based in Ulgu.  But it could have been some DoK that are part of an order city or something like that as well.

What it may show is that they do have a presence in multiple realms rather than just one like @Tiger was talking about.  Interesting either way though!

16 hours ago, elfhead said:

Orion and Ariël always went away with winter and Re-emerged in the spring. Maybe allarielle emerging from her cocoon in her war form trigered Orion/kornurous (kornuth?) to ressurect? 

I wish! I love that fluff! 

I love the Wild Hunt themed stuff of the Wood Elves/ Wanderers!

It's gods they are talking about, they can write them back in anywhere they want to.

Looking forward to the Deepkin. I'm really glad that they are their own *new* thing and not just a "tidying up" of any left over factions.

I think that the Mistweaver & T-Shard may be part of Malerions aelves.

15 hours ago, Tiger said:

The crescent moon is also the rune 'Sariour', which represents the concepts of magic, fortune, evil deeds and natural disasters.

It's certainly the rune I'd associate with a sunken Atlantis / Numenor faction of aelves created by Teclis.

I was just doing a Darkling Coven list on scroll builder and noticed that a "Sword of Ghrond" has appeared in the weapon options for the Sorceress on Black Dragon? Its not on any warscroll or in any book.

Its presumably a mistake by the app technicians but it does mean there is a Sword of Ghrond out there somewhere - even if it ends up on the cutting room floor... :D

Sword of Ghrond.PNG

On 26/02/2018 at 5:32 PM, Rou Dantes said:

They’re both pieces from one of the Silver Tower rulebooks. 

The heavy use of blue is across all the full-figure illustrations, so I’m afraid that’s not an indiciation of any connection to Idoneth Deepkin.

Wouldnt be surprised if they started working on the Deepkin project after Silver Tower was done and dusted.

1 hour ago, Circus of Paint said:

They’re both pieces from one of the Silver Tower rulebooks. 

The heavy use of blue is across all the full-figure illustrations, so I’m afraid that’s not an indiciation of any connection to Idoneth Deepkin.

Wouldnt be surprised if they started working on the Deepkin project after Silver Tower was done and dusted.

If the Mistweaver is representative of the Deepkin then I'm a little disappointed. Not that the Mistweaver isn't a great model, but I'm hoping for some really unsettling, malformed fish-aelves with a grudge against their creator. If they're all sleek and graceful then I'm not as interested.

4 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

If the Mistweaver is representative of the Deepkin then I'm a little disappointed. Not that the Mistweaver isn't a great model, but I'm hoping for some really unsettling, malformed fish-aelves with a grudge against their creator. If they're all sleek and graceful then I'm not as interested.

"Sleek", "graceful", and "elven" are all practically synonyms, so you should probably expect some disappointment. If our mutant snake-elves and harpy-elves are sleek and graceful, I think we can be pretty sure that fish-elves will be too.

Which isn't to say that some of them won't be riding or commanding unsettling, malformed sea monsters, so maybe you'll kind of get what you're hoping for. ;D

4 hours ago, Circus of Paint said:

Quite honestly I doubt that either the Mistweaver Saih or the Tenebrael Shard are anything to do with Idoneth Deepkin.

As an educated guess, I'm presuming the Mistweaver is one of Teclis / Tyrion's newer Aelves and the Shard is one of Malerion's Shadownkin.

I think the idoneth deepkin actually are teclis’ first creations which he lost or got dissapointed in. So the mistweaver could both be one of te elves created by teclis and part of te idoneth deepkin. 

24 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

"Sleek", "graceful", and "elven" are all practically synonyms, so you should probably expect some disappointment. If our mutant snake-elves and harpy-elves are sleek and graceful, I think we can be pretty sure that fish-elves will be too.

Which isn't to say that some of them won't be riding or commanding unsettling, malformed sea monsters, so maybe you'll kind of get what you're hoping for. ;D

Maybe. I can't help thinking of Tolkien's orcs, which started out as elves but were tortured and mutilated until they became something very different. So to my mind aelves don't have to be pretty, particularly if they're the abandoned early experiment of an inept creator.

But I expect you're right, they'll probably be pretty.

49 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Maybe. I can't help thinking of Tolkien's orcs, which started out as elves but were tortured and mutilated until they became something very different. So to my mind aelves don't have to be pretty, particularly if they're the abandoned early experiment of an inept creator.

But I expect you're right, they'll probably be pretty.

Ah, I see where you were getting that "experimental" idea. An interesting point! I don't think GW orcs have the same origin, but I suppose the Dark Eldar Haemonculous Coven models are the one kind of GW elf-thing that are ugly and malformed, and like the Tolkien Orks, they are the result of insane, torturous experiments.

But, Since the Deepkin are just a failed experiment from a benevolent god, rather than the intentionally twisted products of pure sado-masochistic evil, I don't think they will be Ork or Haemonculous levels of malformed. I don't think Teclis could ****up THAT badly, at least not without putting them all down out of mercy. I suspect that the Deepkin's "failure" has more to do with the intervention/involvement/influence of Mathlann, than with something Teclis actually "botched", if that makes sense.

That said... deep sea creatures are really freaky looking, so I think we should expect some monstrous creatures in their ranks. The new mostly-pretty wood-elves have some pretty scary looking tree-bug monsters...

I expect that they will be both pretty and creepy, and that's also what I am hoping for. I really don't want them to be like High Elf pretty, and given the descriptions we have of them as being dark and mysterious raiders, I don't think they will be, but we should expect some of them (at least the "standard" sea-elf) to be sleek and graceful. I am really hoping their sleekness is more akin to the Black Ark Corsairs than the Lothern Sea Guard. I know that the Scourge Privateers are named separately in that allies list, so I don't expect that the Deepkin will be "The New Black Ark Corsairs" (as much as I would absolutely LOVE that), but I hope you get the analogy I'm making.

I do want to see some freaky fish critters as well, though. xD 

Also, a side note about Mistweaver, for those of you who still think she's not Deepkin, but is one of Tyrion and Teclis' other elves: those aelves are described as "angelic beings of light", and Mistweaver is all about spreading fear and shadows, is wearing a skull, and has spikes jabbed into/growing out of her arms. LOL If she's not Deepkin (and the original source of the Deepkin rumors say she is) then both she and Tenebrael Shard are definitely Malerion's elves.

I'm tempted to stick Kinerai bits and bobs on Medusa bodies to get a couple of mini-Morathis complete with wings. If I ever buy some Kinerai to turn into Death Cult Assassins, Inquistors or whatever I might get some snake ladies and do it. 

PS: I hope that wracked ship comes out soon.

Archived