New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

Why do you think so? Just curious about your opinion :)

I think it's because miniature painting is typically hyper stylized to accentuate tiny details that would otherwise be hardly visible and the white snow blobs are incongruous with that aesthetic.

7 minutes ago, sol invictus said:

Do you have a source or did you hear this personally? My buddy is very excited for a second aelf army so would love to be able to pass that along. :)

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/breaking-games-workshop-40k-more-product-reveals-lvo.html

10:44 – AoS More Aelves coming up…

It's most likely going to be the faction the mistweaver and shard belong to. 

17 minutes ago, sol invictus said:

Yeah, I saw your post as well but GW saying it holds a bit more weight than random dude on a Tau forum

Most definitely.  Wish there were more rumors substantiating these claims.  But I  doubt we get more than, “the guy at my FLGS/local GW store told me ‘x’”.  Those sorts of rumours tend to be dubious at best.

Pure guessing but based on GW doing more recently to tie new releases in with events to maximise the hype..

I think the earliest date for pre-orders is likely to be 3rd of March to coincide with the AoS open day at Warhammer World. Then we have Adepticon at the end of March (22nd to 25th) so 24th is another possibility. 

The next logical date for a big release - which fits in with the rumours - is Warhammer Fest on 12th May - there is often some sort of early access to models there. I'm inclined to think that will be more likely for the 2nd elf release though.

So If this is true (more elves coming pretty soon) I shouldn’t spend all my money on DoK...  

this rumour also fits with the theory that maling portents might lead to the release of slaanesh or at least a storyline incorporating Malerion and Tyrion/teclis

14 minutes ago, elfhead said:

So If this is true (more elves coming pretty soon) I shouldn’t spend all my money on DoK...  

this rumour also fits with the theory that maling portents might lead to the release of slaanesh or at least a storyline incorporating Malerion and Tyrion/teclis

The way I look at it, I don’t miss out on anything by waiting until June to see what shakes out.  If this rumor isn’t true, DoK are a pretty great consolation prize.  If it’s true, I get Malerion/Tyrion/Teclis/Slaanesh-flavored Aelves instead.?

9 hours ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

The way I look at it, I don’t miss out on anything by waiting until June to see what shakes out.  If this rumor isn’t true, DoK are a pretty great consolation prize.  If it’s true, I get Malerion/Tyrion/Teclis/Slaanesh-flavored Aelves instead.?

That's where I am, too. I really like witch aelves and think this DoK release looks pretty great. But at the same time harpies and gorgons, while awesome and appropriate, don't necessarily check my aelves box. I figure it will pay to wait and see what shakes out the rest of the year before diving in with DoK. At worst I'll probably be able to pick up a Battleforce discount box during the holidays.

23 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I think so but in my case it was about unique look colorwise and whole army was inspired by GameofThrones wraights.  I was thinking about doing the same with Daughters of Khaine but I will just use Microart possessed bases. 

IMG_3963.jpg

I liked these so much I used them as reference for my Sylvaneth. Although I put my own twist on it and it's still very much a WIP I had the photos of these units sat on my PC desktop as reference the whole time.

DTcqdopW0AAsHwU.jpg

DUAK5_qXkAAxF8o.jpg

DUAxDIJW4AAw0aA.jpg

On 06.02.2018 at 2:52 PM, Mike Burgess said:

I liked these so much I used them as reference for my Sylvaneth. Although I put my own twist on it and it's still very much a WIP I had the photos of these units sat on my PC desktop as reference the whole time.

they are amazing no less, and again, I am of opinion such a cold scheme and snow go well along with the miniatures. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

Most likely, although it was said we should expect them in spring, more like april-may.

Thanks to global warming, spring comes early these days..... But seriously judging by the date of the AoS Open day as well as the WE going no longer available right now, DoK should drop soon, with the next release(s) teased at the open day and shown in more detail at Adepticon. 

Archived