Malign Portents

Will Myers

I agree. Warhammer Barbarians aren't historical barbarians. They are more like He-Man impersonators. So I have no problems with them being semi naked, being them male or female. Or even having "atractive" features. The Darkoath Chieftan from Silver Tower is pretty handsome in his own way, he isn't totally disfigured by a life of war and battles like many other Chaos Warrior miniatures. But he is clearly a warrior, and I'm glad that they have achieved the same balance with the Darkoath Queen.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

I understand that the beserker\reavers are no longer exclusively from a norsica like place but I wish she was a bit more covered on the midriff and legs. Her stomach just screams "stab me here!

Have you seen marauders? Or the reavers, khornes equivilent or even Tzeentchs acolytes. Its totally inkeeping with the rest of them 

Screenshot_20180104-171054.png

Screenshot_20180104-171148.png

Screenshot_20180104-171235.png

@The Cranky Dwarf looks like she has a big scar on her stomach so I guess someone else thought the same thing...

But did you also post saying that you wish fyreslayers, savage orcs, bloodreavers, acolytes etc would cover up a bit more? 

People should not expect a Fantasy Heroine to be dressed in a trouser suit and sensible shoes because its politically correct - its a fantasy miniature not a boring everyday life miniature...

I think some of the reason a few of TGA (possibly even myself) are coming across as somewhat defensive of GW is that we're all slightly concerned that if the negative comments outweight the positive then it's perfectly reasonable to see GW never attempt something like this again - that benefits nobody.

The countdown was for the new website and all the content on there.  As a "webbie" myself I'd frankly be sat reading the flurry of "I want more! more models, more warscrolls, more books and website be damned!" and be thinking "what was the point".

In a single day and a load of (completely unique) video shorts, GW have moved the entire timeline along into a new age.  That's no mean feat and has been done partly in response to people wanting more background for AoS - we've even got free Black Libary stories for crying out loud!  GW have openly said that this is a campaign like we've never seen before, first step in any campaign is "Setting the Scene", which they've achieved to great effect.  Next step will be starting to introduce the key characters, which they're doing with the book and the Heralds.

My personal reason to be somewhat defensive of TGA more as GW is because many do not seem to understand that the prime concept Age of Sigmar is made for is fun. Not exclusively tournament play, not logical armour placement and most certainly not (predictable) historical fantasy design.

Wth this in mind I hope that players understand that GW is still a compagny. As has been leaked before the Nurgle Daemons release actually was planned to be the December release. This would also have been in line with how GW did this for Khorne Bloodbound at the time and Desciples of Tzeentch. 

Due to this release though it's very logical to expect further AoS releases to be shifted another month too. At least once players (all) have been able to purchase Nurgle for a few weeks. The reason why they go for this plan is because this way they can focus on Nurgle and pre-orders. If everything would come at the same time non-GW stores who sell GW boxes would likely have to cut stock buy-ins because of actual store placement.

Long story short, there are a lot of reasons why MP doesn't cover you with all the contents yet. The reason is most likely the Nurgle delay. Don't worry, paint/build some models. 

7 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I think some of the reason a few of TGA (possibly even myself) are coming across as somewhat defensive of GW is that we're all slightly concerned that if the negative comments outweight the positive then it's perfectly reasonable to see GW never attempt something like this again - that benefits nobody.

The countdown was for the new website and all the content on there.  As a "webbie" myself I'd frankly be sat reading the flurry of "I want more! more models, more warscrolls, more books and website be damned!" and be thinking "what was the point".

In a single day and a load of (completely unique) video shorts, GW have moved the entire timeline along into a new age.  That's no mean feat and has been done partly in response to people wanting more background for AoS - we've even got free Black Libary stories for crying out loud!  GW have openly said that this is a campaign like we've never seen before, first step in any campaign is "Setting the Scene", which they've achieved to great effect.  Next step will be starting to introduce the key characters, which they're doing with the book and the Heralds.

The issue is they set the scene and...not much else. Even from just a narrative standpoint, they didn't really say much. The video about how the realms work should have come out with the launch of the new fluff and the rest of it didn't really answer any of the questions I had. They moved the scene along and established a 'new age' but totally forgot the part about explaining why I should care. Cause right now I gotta tell ya it's very, 'oh neat, new logo. Oh hey the realms work like thor, cool. Turns out Nagash is evil...neat. See ya'll in february.'

Sure, but none of that explain why put a countdown on it and hype people. I am perfectly fine with the website, the problem is when you attempt to suscite excitiment in a way that would set up a dissapointment later on for a good chunk of the playerbase. If it gets negativity it's because of how it was set up, not on the content itself. 

16 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

This.

13 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

To be honest this is a totally reasonable mentality, and I myself have tought the same. Thats why, when GW does something that I dislike, I email them a proper, reasonable written text, to give them feedback. I know they will ignore it. But is more healthy to the community and to myself, to do that once and forgott about the issue, than to spam that I'M VERY ANGRY NGNGNGN in facebook, forums, social media, etc... over and over and over for weeks and weeks.

1 minute ago, Keldaur said:

Sure, but none of that explain why put a countdown on it and hype people. I am perfectly fine with the website, the problem is when you attempt to suscite excitiment in a way that would set up a dissapointment later on for a good chunk of the playerbase. If it gets negativity it's because of how it was set up, not on the content itself. 

I think people who get upset by countdowns revealing a bunch of stories for a new campaign might have some personal issues to prioritize over Age of Sigmar :) 

2 minutes ago, Killax said:

I think people who get upset by countdowns revealing a bunch of stories for a new campaign might have some personal issues to prioritize over Age of Sigmar :) 

I think the amount of times you've condescended people so far in this thread is infuriating. Why don't you just go assemble and paint some models.

Just now, Killax said:

I didn't say upset, but dissappointed. And I am not going to answer to the later part of your answer for obvious reasons.

7 minutes ago, Galas said:

To be honest this is a totally reasonable mentality, and I myself have tought the same. Thats why, when GW does something that I dislike, I email them a proper, reasonable written text, to give them feedback. I know they will ignore it. But is more healthy to the community and to myself, to do that once and forgott about the issue, than to spam that I'M VERY ANGRY NGNGNGN in facebook, forums, social media, etc... over and over and over for weeks and weeks.

The thing is that sadly a lot of anger has often involved a lot changes in many segments of our society. 

All civil rights movements and changes to the rights of women were achieved because of a lot of anger. In germany there was a big scandal where Volkswagen manipulated the cars to be more environment-friendly and the anger and frustration about that made the company change their production. 

I agree that a lot of constructive criticism would be better. But if you look back at how our society works, things often only changed when people were very very angry about something.

And I still can't agree with the people telling other people to shut up, because they voice their frustration.  Some people are very passionate about a hobby and then get frustrated, because their expectations weren't met. And GW shouldn't raise such high expectations if they can't live up to those expectations.

You are, of course, right Infeston. But I believe is a big step to jump from something warhammer related to big social issues. At least I want to believe we, has a smaller group, are more capable of a reasonable approach to issues.

For big companies, I believe money is more important that how anger is people. GW will do more things based in the economical response of his customers than in some momentaneus internet rage-wave. For example, the problem with the Firestorm campaings, about "forcing" paint jobs. It caused a lot of noise, and GW did a change because of that, but people were debating about the issue, not spamming in a angry manner everything GW related.

For the most part both the criticism and congrats on the new website/reveal have seemed very reasonable to me. I don’t go on Reddit though so that could impact my opinion haha. 

I like hearing other people who are excited. I also (obviously) have a different opinion and hope that maybe we get models pretty soon for the underloved GAs. 

With the exception of a few very angry people, and a few very condescending people, I think this thread has done prettty well. 

2 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

With the exception of a few very angry people, and a few very condescending people, I think this thread has done prettty well. 

Jeah. I also think this way. As a person which is grown up in the age of the internet I am used to people wishing me cancer or to kill myself if I don't agree with the way they see things. So maybe I am a little bit too tolerant about negative responses, because I know the worst possible responses someone could give. :-D

In the end this is very funny. All the haters made me more tolerant about opposing opinions in the end. :-D

I have played so many online games or other strategy games where I was also very invested and I participated in the community forums etc. And I would say everytime a big part of the community complained about some issue there was more to it than just simple frustration. I would always say that if a major part of the community complains about something that there is always some kind of truth behind those complaints.

I'm not sure if the comments basically blaming people for having expectations and faith that GW would be doing something big at the end of a count down are pro-GW or anti-GW O.o. But at the end of the day saying "Stay tuned for more!" at the end of a big hyped up count down is still a pretty GW thing to do.

Thats true too. If theres smoke theres fire. Now, a developer should have enough maturity to find the actual problem, because what people complaint about, and whats the real issue that is generating all that fury, can be totally different things.

But I also wanted to state that, even though I am disappointed, I really like the videos and the website. I have watched the "Behind the scenes" video now several times. And I have to say I am more and more excited about the narrative backround and the extra rules for the game. I have the feeling the new book gives a lot of context and rules to create very exciting battles to enhance the game experience.

Archived