Death Heresy for AoS?

eekamouse

Nagash does have an unlimited potential so I also hope AoS will not repeat what is already covered. It's a copy-past, not creativity. If people think that with the SCE everybody has to have their own version of them like in 40k, they are wrong. In fact it's SCE who are Order version of the chaos warriors, and Nagash does have his own units which are unique, and should have more unique ones, not some dull repetition of Sigmar's idea.

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Yes.  We've been predicting this possibility for literally months on Warhammer Weekly.  From my perspective Sigmar will lose the Anvils of Heldenhammer to Nagash.  The lore suggests they are already slipping and they are already dressed to impress (black) for Nagash. 

Ah damn. Where the heck have I been. I religiously listen in, although I have missed a couple recently due to travel and a touch of the plague.

8 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I can't see us getting undead Stormcast per-sé, but do agree that Nagash may put those souls to "work" in some manner or other.  Each reforging he takes another part of that Stormcast's essence, not just their soul, but their personality, feelings and emotions.  The end result is basically a husk of a Stormcast - basically the mirror of a Skeleton raised by a Necromancer.  So we may see undead Stormcast, but on Sigmar's side and Death heroes with the souls of heroes on Nagash's side.

That's exactly how I feel it will happen. The fallen Stormcast souls will be put into new death bodies (sort of Thousand Sons-ish) and made into Nagash's champion. If they made them like the Death Knights from World of Warcraft, in armour similar to the Lich King, that would be pretty sweet 

I would rather see the Death faction get some sort of werewolf type creature as monstrous infantry than an undead stormcast. The SCE are only just starting to feel like a real faction with some background and character as it is - I think GW need to build that narrative quite a lot further before they use it to create something else. The Stormcast are already starting to suffer from space marine syndrome where they were designed to be the ultimate warrior but evrything else is actually better than them.

Has anyone seen mantic's new faction on kickstarter? the nightstalkers? The concept art for that stuff is amazing. I only wish GW were making the models!

There is soo much scope for death themed models that it would be pretty disapointing and unimaginative if we just got a re-hash of SCE or tombkings.

So not saying it won't happen. Just saying it would be a lazy option and I wouldn't want to buy into it.

7 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Has anyone seen mantic's new faction on kickstarter? the nightstalkers? The concept art for that stuff is amazing. I only wish GW were making the models!

This I think is one of the big issues GW has with Death... Making something that they can hold down the IP for. 

Personally I hope it is coming, and coming in the form of something akin to smaller Morghasts.

I think you kinda need that 'stand out' Death faction that makes you go 'wow' in a similar way to Stormcast. Kinda the iconic 'Death' guys. I don't think Werewolves or Deathrattle or anything Death currently has does that really. It's the lack of those kinda 'bulky' infantry units. So some form of 'Death Stormcast' I think is kinda necessary. 

So yeah, kinda hoping the 'Death Heresy' happens. Doesn't strictly have to be tied to Stormcast, could just be Nagash's version, but definitely feel it'd be a good thing for the fluff and give an extra dynamic that's not just Order vs Chaos.

That's because Death only received one tome. In fact the mounted vampires are the best for that role - heavy shock vampiric cavalry is far better than anything else and won't be a copy-past of the SCE, which would be the dullest thing GW could produce. 

On 01/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, Twitch of Izalith said:

I would rather see the Death faction get some sort of werewolf type creature as monstrous infantry than an undead stormcast. The SCE are only just starting to feel like a real faction with some background and character as it is - I think GW need to build that narrative quite a lot further before they use it to create something else. The Stormcast are already starting to suffer from space marine syndrome where they were designed to be the ultimate warrior but evrything else is actually better than them.

I could also see GW putting a real spin on when Nagash reclaims their souls - put them into some other construct for eternity to punish Sigmar through them ;)

3 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Oh, I spotted this in the most recent WD: 

DQOxmsWUQAAJEQd.jpg-large.jpeg.06101cd6bb344580354eac08c9e16b36.jpeg

Deathcast Eternals are coming.

Nice! I feel like this could be a well they delve deeply or it could be a one off splash-like release. Hoping for a deep dive, with Black Library etc...

Archived