How will you store?

Attackmack

As im not (so far) aiming for tournament or competitive play I havent given much thought to how to store Shadespire and its accessories. When painted the models will stand in my display cabinet and a custom playboard with terrain will stand on a small coffee table mostely for show!

But I recently saw this video where GWs duncan shows how to fit Shadespire into a GW skirmish case and as I will be taking the game over to a friends place every now and then, and likely to need a good way to transport a Necromunda gang soon enough, I figured I might get one of those cases!

So how will you store Shadespire and components?

Boards and tokens in the Core Set box (two core set contentsbeasily fit in one core set box).

Deck in deckbox (Dragonshield).

Warband in 400 card hard Dragonshield deckbox with blister padding.

Frankly speaking the Skirmish case is great too. I just have a nice bag that fits all the above.

Good question. There’s plenty of deck storage boxes on the market but from what I’ve seen they are mostly aimed at people who’ve built ‘their’ deck and just want to carry that round (possibly with some tokens, or if lucky, space for some models too).

That’s all well and good, but I have a feeling I’m not going to just have ‘my deck’ and that’s it...I’m more likely to end up buying everything and then struggling to store it all in one place... I’m going to see whether there’s any obvious solutions from other LCGs (Arkham Horror, Game of Thrones 2nd edition etc),

34 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Not the intent for this pic, but shows the case.  Cards on right, models on left with foam cut to fit (dice under them).

hc_1511234399293.jpg

Ive been looking at several different of these flip up boxes and they all look so neat! Which one is this specific?

I am using a case of Feldherr for my AoS Models. I will use the same case for Shadespire. Just think about it, that in (hopefully) near future there will be 8 Warbands and twice that many cards you already have to store. 

So i will buy some foam mats which are so thick like the short side of a card. thats high enough to store all models, cards, dices and counter.

Feldherr Koffer XL 252 Miniaturen

Right now everything is stored in the original SS box. But it's already getting a bit overfilled.
I'll have to wait and see the scope of future Shadespire to make a final storage solution.

I think I'll probably end up storing in separate boxes. One big bog for tiles, rules, tokens and unused cards.
Then several small boxes which holds a single warband+deck. 

On 11/22/2017 at 4:54 PM, TheWilddog said:

I swear by these.  They are a little pricey but the quality, ease and coolness is had to beat. http://www.tablewar.com/display-cases/

IMG_3476__60824.1426102715.1280.1280.jpg

So, do the boards fit into the Mini display case you have pictured? That’s my question... I know they’ll fit into the larger half case... but that’s overkill. 

4 hours ago, Peegee said:

Can't be happier with my Quiver bag :

20171123_231655.jpg

So, that looks great for handling the cards, and some Miniatures. (Though I’m not entirely sold on how well protected the minis appear to be.)

How are you handling the Boards? The “quiver cases” aren’t big enough for the boards as well.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Skarloc said:

What is GW waiting for to release its own cases specially made for Shadespire?.. rather than to promote its skirmish case which is obviously not suitable..

As the video shows above, Shadespire is actually designed and boxed this way to be suitable for the Skirmish case. So I really don't know what you mend with the above quote.

1 hour ago, Skarloc said:

In fact, I've got one.. It's just that I'm not fond of those large grey foams: their height isn't tall enough: most miniatures are too tall, often resulting in damaged miniatures. Even to carry my 9A army, I've moved to a magnetized box.

My experiences have been the opposite. I have two Crusade cases that holds my AoS and 40k armies just fine with no breakage. Better than my Feldherr pluck-foam bags ever did.

1 hour ago, Skarloc said:

In fact, I've got one.. It's just that I'm not fond of those large grey foams: their height isn't tall enough: most miniatures are too tall, often resulting in damaged miniatures. Even to carry my 9A army, I've moved to a magnetized box.

Well for a whole army I wouldn't use it either. For skirmish games however, like Warhammer Quest, AoS Skirmish, Shadespire, Bloodbowl, Necromunda etc. I don't see how the case will ever present any problem. 

4 hours ago, Skarloc said:

The key piece with the GW cases is that you can always change the figure orientation from standing up, to lying on their side. 

And you can take the top foam in a upper/and lower combination block, and set it in upside down.... if you actually need the mini to be “standing upright” (ie large monsters) 

It seems both Feldherr and BattleFoam is bringing out (or already did so) some packages specifically made for Shadespire.

I only have experience with Feldherrs half sized cases and IMO they are decently priced for really neat products so these might be worth looking into. The great thing with these is that as a collection grows you can just add foam inserts and if need be a larger or a second bag.

Archived