Arael

1 hour ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Very disappointed to hear that.  Since they’ve been faq’d there is no issue with them and they encourage interesting mixed forces. 

Seems a bit knee ****** to me there’s no way enough data yet to support such an action. 

Some of them seem a bit disgustingly OP, mainly the order ones.

I really like having confederation allegiances especially for destruction as it allows for some more varied list building.

One which combines all the ogre tribes is also very much needed.

47 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Some of them seem a bit disgustingly OP, mainly the order ones.

I really like having confederation allegiances especially for destruction as it allows for some more varied list building.

One which combines all the ogre tribes is also very much needed.

I’d absolutely love one which would include Ogors. I’d add Troggoths as well. The mixed armies are really part of the AoS appeal for me 

Ok so another tweak !

A variant list with just 1 hero mega buffer and then heavy on troop artillery and monster , with a few ace like 4 attack moreboyz repeating 1 on wound roll, and additional movement on 3+.

Allegiance: Stoneklaw's Gutstompas

Leaders
Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner 
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Hammerblade

Battleline
10 x Orruks (90)
- Choppa & Shield 
10 x Orruks (90)
- Choppa & Shield 
10 x Orruks (90)
- Choppa & Shield 
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

War Machines
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

22 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Ban the allegiances you don't like. Great plan xD

Its my ball so i make the rules!

Lol, if they are banning all firestorm allegiances because 1 of the 8 is broken that's kinda unfair on others. Especially considering there are 3 Destruction specific allegiances ;)

To be honest after the faq I don't think there's a single firestorm allegiance that could imbalance the game or that could be worse of tzeentch or new fyreslayers. 

it's just a case of forma mentis,  it's in a campaign book so some people don't see it as material for tournament,  even if gw say the opposite. 

4 hours ago, Arael said:

Ok so another tweak !

A variant list with just 1 hero mega buffer and then heavy on troop artillery and monster , with a few ace like 4 attack moreboyz repeating 1 on wound roll, and additional movement on 3+.

Allegiance: Stoneklaw's Gutstompas

Leaders
Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner 
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Hammerblade

Battleline
10 x Orruks (90)
- Choppa & Shield 
10 x Orruks (90)
- Choppa & Shield 
10 x Orruks (90)
- Choppa & Shield 
30 x Savage Orruk Morboys (300)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

War Machines
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

I would take the Warboss on Warboar doesn't cost a point and you have extra mobility and attacks. Waaagh! + Banner on the same model for 140 pts!

I know some people don't agree with that ,but as I read it you could get a +1 to hit with Morboyz at least twice if your 2 Alleguzzler would die ("Power of the Beast Spirit: Add  1 to the hit rolls for any Savage Orruks Morboys as soon as a MONSTER is slain in battle.")

I was trying to think of something nice on Gutstompas Allegiance, but got sooo much used to Bonesplitterz magic recently I cannot let it go ;)

So wich wich stratagem u think should be first pick?

night attack: all shooting attack reduced to range 12 in 1st round

ambush : free aip for one of ur unit

forced March : 1 free movement phase for d3 unit

Or another one?

And how would u use it?

Ambush a big unit to ruin ur enemy plan? a monster to activate morboyz ability and give some headache to ur adversary? A unit to take objective?

Or maybe 1st turn charge with extra move + Ravager? 

Night attack could be a serious hit for a shooting list?

• 7 months later...

Is this legal in AoS 2.0 matched play?  Order guys seem to think their free cities allegiances are still good to go.   

Is there any reason not to take this if say I'm playing Moonclan / Spiderfang under a general Destruction allegiance? 

8 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Is this legal in AoS 2.0 matched play?  Order guys seem to think their free cities allegiances are still good to go.   

Is there any reason not to take this if say I'm playing Moonclan / Spiderfang under a general Destruction allegiance? 

I believe that the only reasons not to would be:

1) If you wanted some Ogors (incl BCR) in there.  They are completely excluded and there is no Allies table, so any Ogor inclusion completely invalidates it. (I can't remember exactly what is or isn't in there, e.g. I don't know if Troggoths are allowed, but it was basically most of Destruction excl. Ogors).

2) A lot of tournaments will write them out of the pack.  And because a lot of them do, some people will tend not to "invest" in them by taking them to events even where they are allowed.

Other than that, they are just straight up better compared to say Moonclan with basic Destruction rules.  Free stuff!  

@Donal is the man to speak to, after a dominant performance at London GT.  Top Destruction player by a mile, and Top 5 if I recall correctly?  Including pulling a Vanguard Wing's pants down.  King of the Grots!

17 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Completely legal, no more or less so than endless spells or Nurgle allegiance abilities. :) 

Here's a community site article conforming the Firestorm City and Warlord allegiance abilities as being intended for matched play, and a post I made earlier today explaining how they work in relation to army selection and allegiance abilities.

There's no reason not to run Stoneclaw's Gutstompas allegiance if you've got a greenskin force that manages to avoid ogors, trolls and named characters (so just Gordrakk and the Shadespire boys then). You're not a proper orc if you're not inviting more randomness into your list! :D 

On 6/29/2018 at 7:46 AM, PlasticCraic said:

Other than that, they are just straight up better compared to say Moonclan with basic Destruction rules.  Free stuff!  

@Donal is the man to speak to, after a dominant performance at London GT.  Top Destruction player by a mile, and Top 5 if I recall correctly?  Including pulling a Vanguard Wing's pants down.  King of the Grots!

Gutstompa is amazing now, ambush or reinforcements are fantastic, and many other rolls are still solid.
There's absolutely no reason not to take it. 

4 hours ago, Donal said:

Gutstompa is amazing now, ambush or reinforcements are fantastic, and many other rolls are still solid.
There's absolutely no reason not to take it. 

Yeah Reinforcements is so cool!  It was always the one you didn't want...what a turnaround!

You'd probably still take Ambush in a lot of matchups though I reckon?  To ice the game early?

Hatred is another good 'un, and situationally that one about setting scenery alight can be amazing.  And when I say situationally, I mean against Sylvaneth!

Yeah with two rolls, and the "take your pick", you'll usually get something decent.

It's never been allowed at any tournaments in Australia that I'm aware of (most follow the lead of the CanCon pack where it was not allowed), but Sydney GT is going to allow it in September.  Hopefully it'll see more use going forward.

Archived