Nurgle Daemons force

Nord

Flavour of the month is Nurgle, so here's some plaguebearers I painted on commission. I was keen to avoid the usual green palette, I liked the weird guy in Pan's Labrynth and so went for a pale skin tone - it also shows up the blood and other stuff. 

Xxd9z81.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I echo what everyone else has said - an amazing paint job, which is recognisably Nurgle without sticking to the 'box art' scheme. 

How long did it take you to paint those up? I suspect that it must be fairly time efficient. As you're commission painter, I'm sure that you don't want to give away too many of your secrets, but could you give us a few pointers as to how you achieved that skin tone? 

Have you translated that paint scheme onto anything larger like a plague drone, or a deamon prince? I'd be interested to know how well it scales. 

MGP

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, been away for a while. There's no real secret to the skin tone - started with a white primer, then glazed some pale colours, then stippled with cream and off-white. Lots of glazing around the sores and other bits. It's practically all glazed. 

I have painted a GUO in a similar scheme, struggling to get good photos, they are sharp in my camera but slightly soft when I upload them - probably the host site compression messes them up. I will try to get better pics but this gives a rough idea.

VqoRQlx.jpg

Wow - thanks for posting your reply - clearly the technique does scale well!

I'll have to try that myself when I finally get around to painting some plaguebearers for my own Nurgle force. Although I'm going for quite a limited colour palette with my army, so I might try just glazing on a red, a blue/green and one other colour. 

Thanks again,

MGP

• 1 month later...
On 18/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, Nord said:

Flavour of the month is Nurgle, so here's some plaguebearers I painted on commission. I was keen to avoid the usual green palette, I liked the weird guy in Pan's Labrynth and so went for a pale skin tone - it also shows up the blood and other stuff. 

Xxd9z81.jpg

Incredible colours - do you have a recipe, or is it too complicated to write out? 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

I've shifted over to 40k whilst Nurgle is on holiday in the Mortal Realms, but these are excellent. Hope he gets some reinforcements! 

Somebody told me there would be new Nurgle stuff in the new year, so maybe he will. Let's hope so, I'm running out of things to paint. 

Thanks guys. And another batch of plaguebearers added - spot the vintage figure! Possibly the last update for a while as that's pretty much all the Nurgle daemons painted up. Hopefully some new releases in the new year.......

For those interested, I have a facebook page with more photos ===> link

bqI96jR.jpg

Hi Nord ! Still awsome !! I love your painting style, do you use GW paints ? You should do a tutorial, it will be successfull (unless you want to keep your secrets ^^)

I hope you will continue painting nurgle daemons with the upcoming news !!

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I don't use many GW paints and I don't paint anything like GW style. That's one reason why I tend not to give out recipes and tutorials. I usually start with a white primer, then use multiple glazes to build up colour and shadows. The less highlighting the better in my book. I might get a tutorial out there one day, but it's such a lot of work and I would rather paint than type. :)

Archived