Will GW remove Slaanesh?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, shinros said:

No slaanesh is not going away, GW would of done it at the start of AOS. If they were going to they would no mention fulgrim in gathering storm or give emperor's children legion abilities and their on entry in 40k. Also on the AOS front slaanesh has gotten far more updates than it ever has done compared to whfb also the slaanesh daemon start collecting box and allegiance abilities for the new handbook. I also keep these images on hand to prove a point Bretonnia and tomb kings is how GW squats something. They kill their line and don't talk about it. 

7ba0b82b833903f75fcc570e0cf99b51.jpg

S1vzSxn.png

ENrYr1c.png

This is far the opposite of squatting lol. 

awesome for posting these thanks kindly

On 8/18/2017 at 2:48 PM, Squirrelmaster said:

I'd have thought if there's any protesting about Slaanesh, conservative christian soccer mums would be the more likely group — albeit in the other direction.

Also, could I ask that you not make jokes at the expense of lgbt groups? It just bugs me.

We should be able to joke about all groups...Especially Dad jokes.

The group you cannot joke about controls you.

Slansesh would like that control tho, so I guess it's appropriate.

6 hours ago, Cerlin said:

We should be able to joke about all groups...Especially Dad jokes.

The group you cannot joke about controls you.

Slansesh would like that control tho, so I guess it's appropriate.

We're going a bit off-topic, but no.

Jokes at the expense of people in power is fine, it helps keep that power in check and frankly, they can take it.

Jokes at the expense of people with whom you are on equal footing, if they are comfortable with it, are also fine. It establishes that you know them well enough to know where to draw the line, and that they trust you enough to let you. It's a social bonding thing.

Jokes at the expense of people who have less power, who are already marginalised or oppressed, is just bullying.

Punch up or sideways; Don't punch down.

It's not about whether you are able to make those jokes, it's about whether you should.

6 hours ago, Squirrelmaster said:

We're going a bit off-topic, but no.

Jokes at the expense of people in power is fine, it helps keep that power in check and frankly, they can take it.

Jokes at the expense of people with whom you are on equal footing, if they are comfortable with it, are also fine. It establishes that you know them well enough to know where to draw the line, and that they trust you enough to let you. It's a social bonding thing.

Jokes at the expense of people who have less power, who are already marginalised or oppressed, is just bullying.

Punch up or sideways; Don't punch down.

It's not about whether you are able to make those jokes, it's about whether you should.

Well I am not a Marxist, so I think making jokes about everyone works. I am not a fan of the "Victim Narrative" but like you said. It is really off topic and we should both probably apologize.  

On the other hand, it is on topic in the way that it is not a completely off topic because it could be a possible reaction from said community to Slaneesh.  I would say it is not any more offensive than the comment made about "Conservative Christian Soccer moms". Why making fun of Soccer moms is cool but not lgbt only makes sense if you are a Marxist.  And if you think LGBT people are too weak to take a joke. Ill tell you a secret, they are just fine without your protection.  My ****** friends are some of the biggest edgelords imaginable. 

An edgelord would love Slansesh. Talk about the ultimate rebel to ordered society. Again, if anything I am agreeing with your own overly political comment that probably overprotective moms would be more offended by the God of Giant Dongers than ****** would be.  I disagree with your premise that they (lgbt) cannot be joked about. Agree to disagree I guess. 

But I am all for more Transexual Slaneshi Demon and mortal troops. 

Edit: Apparently this forum does not like short hand for homosexual, interesting.

Anecdotal evidence from your friends and assumptions do not necessarily cover all bases though.

This kind of discussion really just needs to be left at the door when Slaanesh come up, and I am surprised the mods aren't on it a bit more given the recent posts about the intended atmosphere here.

I don't really think it has any place in the hobby at all, which should strive for inclusiveness. Just because some people can take a joke, doesn't mean they should, or that everyone else it is aimed at can.  

I'm certainly not admonishing anyone, I don't think anyone's intent is malicious in the slightest, and I'm not a mod so anyone can carry on in whatever manner they want to. However, I do think this stuff is far too complex and nuanced to be handled well in Age of Sigmar, the hobby at large, or this forum.

1 hour ago, Cerlin said:

Why making fun of Soccer moms is cool but not lgbt only makes sense if you are a Marxist.

Not really sure why you're bringing Marxism into this to be honest...

Regardless, FYI, soccer moms aren't a maginalised group who've suffered oppression for hundreds of years. I'm not validating making fun of them, but conflating these groups to justify cracking jokes is broadly speaking, not okay.

100% agree with @DynamicCalories - humour is essential in our hobby, but there is definitely a degree of sensitivity to be upheld when addressing tropes identifying groups of people.

If only my sardonic wit wasn't rapier sharp! Ironically this thread contains zero jokes. Least of all at the imagined target. Someone has even acknowledged this quite some time ago. The continuation of this thread (when clearly GW are not removing Slaanesh) is troubling.

No knickers need twisting here.

I'm of the mind that slaanesh is going to get a lot of love and the full tzeentch treatment and that there is a massive story arc coming his way, maybe not this year but everything is building to it in both AoS and 40k.

AoS gives slaanesh a truly epic plane spanning platform to grow on. Don't forget he's not only tied in with mortal humans but pointy ears and beasts as well.

i get the feeling gab is laying the seed and teasing you at the same time.

sure old slaanesh is more suited to AoS 28 but still.

my biggest wish?  That his mortal servants get some lovely treatment like the acolytes and like they did in 3rd ed realm of chaos.  Oh and the keeper of secrets looks as beautiful as the forgeworld one- even with an armoured bra because it's Gw.

Yeah I'm really hoping for a new, plastic, KoS, but I'd be totally fine with them using the existing model & options for inspiration, including the cow head. If they do an even half-decent job of it I'm pretty sure I'll buy one; If it looks suitable for a Daemon Prince conversion, I may buy two.

Yeah, definitely don't describe Slaanesh as transgender. It wasn't born one and then changed after all. Source: am transgender, play Slaanesh ?

And very much looking forward to them picking up the narrative there. Something more interesting than the Khorne stuff would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, Tyrion & Malerion ascended to godhood and went after Slaanesh. They emerged from the realm of chaos with *thousands of aelf souls* and then vanished. Slaanesh's throne is now empty. Cults of Slaanesh are descending on Ulgu because that's where they think he's being held. 

I'm super hoping that the Mistweaver faction of Aelves are a death faction. It would make so much sense. 

55 minutes ago, Shoe said:

As I understand it, Tyrion & Malerion ascended to godhood and went after Slaanesh. They emerged from the realm of chaos with *thousands of aelf souls* and then vanished. Slaanesh's throne is now empty. Cults of Slaanesh are descending on Ulgu because that's where they think he's being held. 

I'm super hoping that the Mistweaver faction of Aelves are a death faction. It would make so much sense. 

Problem is both Aelves from the sliver tower are order so I think they are sticking there. 

I don't think there's any reason we couldn't get both. With a few new units we could get new Aelf sub factions for Order and Death. After all, Swifthawk Agents and Eldritch Council missed out on allegiance abilities in the new GHB, which is supposedly an indicator that they are getting an update soonish. Existing Aelf and Death units plus some new ones would easily be enough for two new sub factions.

Archived