Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GammaMage said:

"Some entries like the Cauldron of Blood and Bloodwrack Shrine have been reinvented to properly reflect the mysterious and shadowy powers of their patron. You can even field the Khainite statue that usually stands atop the Shrine as a separate unit, representing an iron Avatar of Khaine."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/18/shadow-queen-unveiled/

I'm quite sure that I've seen GW refer to three wyldwoods as a unit but can't find it know. I'm still hopeful it will be a wyldwood/Gnarlmaw type thing. But a little less so, is the specifically refer to it in this manner. 

16 minutes ago, CDM said:

Could be like a Japanese rpg style summon unit. Comes in, does some damage, fades out in style!

Haha that's actually quite good. Fits with the shadow and deception style. Maybe bubbles up if enough blood has been shed. 

20 minutes ago, GammaMage said:

I wouldn't say it's 100% confirmed that they can move around and  hit stuff, though I hope they can.

I would love it as a unit.... if the model was more dynamic. In a army full of jumping, slithering and flying  ladies a single centrepiece sized model that is that static feels... as a slight let down. But to be fair, I have no idea how it's going to work so no judgement yet. And of course model wise there are always work arounds. 

Does anybody have anymore info on the replacement Twitch live stream? Even moved an appointment to see this one :S 

It looks like its got the mirror on the back though, hopefully they'll open up a few more build options (but not too many)

Perhaps:

Cauldron with statue and Hag

Cauldron with Mirror and Hag

Cauldron with Mirror and Medusa

Cauldron with Statue and Medusa (although this may be a bit visually cluttered)

Cauldron with Mirror

Cauldron with Statue

edit: Perhaps the new book will have the cauldron be a mount type, with the mirror or statue as options instead of separate scrolls? Man this book is so intriguing now.

Yes Cauldron as mount for Medusa for example boosting her ability and spellcasting/unbinding or Statue/Hag boosting range of aura affect etc would be amazing as for example Medusa  or Hag would be much better protected and harder to snipe out. That would be amazing way to protected our fragile leaders. 

24 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

It looks like its got the mirror on the back though, hopefully they'll open up a few more build options (but not too many)

Perhaps:

Cauldron with Mirror

Cauldron with Statue

edit: Perhaps the new book will have the cauldron be a mount type, with the mirror or statue as options instead of separate scrolls? Man this book is so intriguing now.

Yeah, there's a lot of different possible combinations... Might we see the Death Hag and Hag Queen (old Hellebron model) as separate hero choices? That's three non-Morathi hero choices if we get the Tenebrael Shard as fighty/assassin character. I guess the Bloodwrack Medusa might become a hero but maybe it and the Bloodwrack shrine variant will stay as troops, to expand the numbers of kits any one player could reasonably buy.

On the Iron Avatar, I actually like the visual contrast between a relatively static armoured/metal giant form and a horde of dynamic unarmoured troops. They have the potential to complement each other.  Unfortunately Morathi and the cauldrons will tower over the Avatar 'on foot' so it won't exactly work as a traditional centrepiece but it's still cool.

56 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

Perhaps:

Cauldron with Mirror

Cauldron with Statue

and a warscroll for every combination?? I doubt that. where would be the benefit?

I expect different battalions and unit combinations like in the Sylvaneth battletome. Preferably with all the other Dark aelf factions crossed over (comparable to the K.O. Battletome) #pleasenostormcast

The medusa is a option on foot for sure.

6 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

and a warscroll for every combination?? I doubt that. where would be the benefit?

I expect different battalions and unit combinations like in the Sylvaneth battletome. Preferably with all the other Dark aelf factions crossed over (comparable to the K.O. Battletome) #pleasenostormcast

If there's more than 1 battalion that uses models outside of DoK, I'd be shocked.

13 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

I did have a think about that, perhaps the Caudron is one option, but the option for the mirror or the statue are both on the same scroll. That would cut down the redundancy a bit.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

actually like the visual contrast between a relatively static armoured/metal giant form

As a combat model, it rather reminds me of the chess pieces from the early Harry Potter film, static, more like statues, almost disarming... until you get close and then wham. 

3 hours ago, DantePQ said:

There are fantastic FW Avatars of Khaine, I'm in the middle of painting one for my DoK army (and Eldar as well though in Eldar he is ruleswise bad as he has alwyas been)

8c4f26ec9d5c823c25b850f435a7e082.jpg

ed441bbcfc2afa3e1be9c3c35297abab.jpg

Okay that does look dope! The paint job definitely helps a lot! But this is the kind of posing you want for a centrepiece model. 

Hi guys! Love these models for you fans, do want to chime in with adding the idea that ideally more is added to the base of these models:

DWtXPTsX4AA0c1D.jpg

Because unpurposefully catching those tails will very likely lead to model breakage...

Do think they look absolutely amazing however!

Archived