Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Looks like a type of power from pain thing ;)

This is probably the rules required for making the shapeshifting tradeoff work. The longer you keep Morathi in her aelven form, the better the command buffs.

In this way, there will be a real incentive for the opposing player to "kill" aelven Morathi as soon as possible, even if she turns into a snake monster.

For me the most impresive thing of the new morathi model are the muscles in the back, in her daemonic form. They are soo good. And is not easy to do realistic muscles in this scale in that kind of "invented" body structure.

I know that many people will say "WTF the muscles of his back? What are you some kind of creep?!" but believe me quality is in those little details.

18 minutes ago, Galas said:

For me the most impresive thing of the new morathi model are the muscles in the back, in his daemonic form. They are soo good. And is not easy to do realistic muscles in this scale in that kind of "invented" body structure.

I know that many people will say "WTF the muscles of his back? What are you some kind of creep?!" but believe me quality is in those little details.

...Her?

3 hours ago, BURF1 said:

...Her?

Many languages don't have gender specific personal pronouns.  For example, in Mandarin he is written 他 while she is 她  but they're both pronounced "ta" 

Gender is just one of those things that's tough to get right when it's not your native language.

1 hour ago, Galas said:

Sorry, english is not my native lenguage. 

In an attempt to not let a minor language barrier issue obscure the point any more than it has to, you are absolutely right.

The musculature on those wings is incredible. I like how pretty much every new model in the line is built like a freakin tank (have you SEEN the biceps on the furies?). But those wings take the cake, she looks like she could tow a 747 behind her.

4 hours ago, Burf said:

In an attempt to not let a minor language barrier issue obscure the point any more than it has to

Haha great response to someone writing English is not his Native language, xD. (no offence meant, just thought it was funny as I had to read it three times to understand it)

4 hours ago, Burf said:

Sorry, english is not my native lenguage. 

No worries, we understood what you meant, and practice is the only way to learn after a certain point. 

10 hours ago, BURF1 said:

She's wearing a helmet on the cover of the battletome so that might mean some alternate build options.

I don't think that's her. Could be wrong of course but that looks to me like a generic death hag in front, a statue of Khaine to the left and Morathi in Snake form on the right. With the same spiky helmet as on the model. Also in general.....WHAT A FREAKING BAD-ASS MODEL! Seriously can't wait and starting to regret my 2018 policy of clearing X money amount of models before buying something worth that much. Haha she looks like she's at least 120 clanrats worth :( 

image.png

Going all in on this. Been building Witch Elves like they're going out of fashion this weekend and next week's preorders coincide with my end of year bonus with work so it's only fair I treat myself with all the new models right?!

Hoping to get the army done for a one day tournament on April 7th up in the North East. Probably going to get everything built to get some practice games in at the club then get cracking with painting.

Think a blog covering my game progress will probably be done once I've got a couple of games to write about.

19 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

I've got 2 sets of the skirmish starter ready to go for when this launches. I've even built the chassis for a cauldron of blood at work as it's so quiet today.

I may give morathi a miss for now and just get the book and card pack, definitely some of the Gorgons when they come out.

The book might be my first pre-order ever! God i'm excited. 
Did you magnetize the couldron? 

34 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

I may give morathi a miss for now and just get the book and card pack, definitely some of the Gorgons when they come out.

A very good point, actually. For all the excitement over Morathi, we do know there are at least two other models due to appear - the archer gorgons and the flying harpies. I suppose we'll have to wait a bit until we hear prices, and so on. 

18 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Not yet, I made the statues and the medusas last week so the chassis ate separate, crew are still on the sprue. I'll clean up the mirrors  and crew tomorrow then I'll wait until the book.

@Redbaron I'm more of an infantry person, I'll get Morathi eventually but I'd rather get smaller stuff first.

9 minutes ago, Redbaron said:

A very good point, actually. For all the excitement over Morathi, we do know there are at least two other models due to appear - the archer gorgons and the flying harpies. I suppose we'll have to wait a bit until we hear prices, and so on. 

Both are double kits I guess 

Gorgons with Spears or Bows (or maybe even 3rd option) 

Harpies with hand weapons or javelins 

And I guess some heroes

28 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

And I guess some heroes

That's the only thing i'm sceptical about. I didn't notice anything really standing out in that sense in the teaser. And if they turn the Medusa in a hero, you already have 4 generic heros (death hag mounted/unmounted, medusa the same). So not really counting on anything in that sense but it would be cool! 

32 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Both are double kits I guess 

Gorgons with Spears or Bows (or maybe even 3rd option) 

Harpies with hand weapons or javelins 

And I guess some heroes

Aye I think from the reveal video it pretty much confirmed that both the Gorgons and Harpies will be dual kits with the two weapon options you mentioned.

Potential I suppose of making heroes using these new kits too much like the Pusgoyle Blightlord Kit allowed you too do.

Suppose there's a chance they make the old Hellebron model a more important Death Hag as well. Hopefully we'll get some reveals over the next couple of weeks before the book is out :)

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That's the only thing i'm sceptical about. I didn't notice anything really standing out in that sense in the teaser. And if they turn the Medusa in a hero, you already have 4 generic heros (death hag mounted/unmounted, medusa the same). So not really counting on anything in that sense but it would be cool! 

Yep but with more then one magic lore I guess we need some spellcasters who can use them. 

I've got a feeling there will be a Harpy hero as well as two Gorgon heroes both built from the box, harpies looks like a straight weapon swap so they'll probably have one entry while the Gorgons are a bit more distinct .

Gorgons could have the archer with the Dragon thing be a hero and the Gorgons could have the one with some poor sods heart. It could also be just a way to differentiate unit champions like the stormcast guy with the bird, but we can but hope.

Given how many options they eked out of the Ogre monster set, perhaps they could tweak it for the cauldron too? Make Hellebron into a different type of priest or maybe a headswap with the medusa to make a hero?

Next Saturday can't come soon enough.

8 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Yep but with more then one magic lore I guess we need some spellcasters who can use them. 

One for every Morathi model of course ;) 

but for real, I reckon the medusa might become the spellcaster together with the doom fire warlocks.  As even Witch aelfes have been ‘tweaked’ more changes to the existing units wouldn’t be surprising. 

But I hope you are right! 

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

sure. That is pretty easy. You just need strong magnets to hold the Khaine-Statue in place. Mine is also convertable to a Dark-elven Hurricanum.

First preview is up, and it's a pretty interesting lore article.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/

Morathi claims to speak for Khaine, wielding his unbreakable iron heart, but none know that Morathi’s power is a lie, and Khaine is dead; the prayers that her daughters scream and the ritual offerings they make only serve to enhance her own power, not Khaine’s. Indeed, as long as Morathi bears the last vestiges of his power, there is little hope for his revival.

Morathi feeding on the false prayers of her own kin. Quite grimdark, innit?

Archived