Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

ET didn't prove that HE screwed him over, ET proved that he was weak he became interesting character in ET as before he was just spoiled sore loser. 

Every other "Pheonix King" cheated. They used spells to fake their legitimacy. They screwed him royally (pardon the pun), and then lied to their own people. And then there was Tyrion's rejection of him after he passed the test the second time. Seriously in the HE propaganda he was bad for failing the test of the flames and then bad for passing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you think of a mixed DoK army with Darkling Covens allies for Sorceress + Darkshards?  

Allegiance: Order
Cauldron Of Blood (200)
- General
- Witch Brew
- Trait: Master of Defense
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Death Hag (60)
- Deathsword
Cauldron Of Blood (200)
- Witch Brew
- Artefact: Talisman of Blinding Light
Sorceress (80)
- Allies
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (160)
1 x Bloodwrack Medusae (120)
30 x Darkshards (300)
- Allies
Bloodwrack Sisterhood (140)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 151

This would give 30 Darkshards for their strong non-rend shooting power (haha) and be able to fuel a sacrifice for the Sorceress to get on her Balewind and debuff the enemy with Word of Pain.  The Doomfire Warlocks are optional, but I think having another Wizard option to pop Mystic Shield/Bolt and grab objectives would be great.  If the Sorceress on Balewind needs to arcane bolt something, the warlocks can followup with their doombolt for 2d3 mortal wounds.  2 Cauldrons with the Aelves is self-explanatory for granting Witchbrew to each unit of Aelves.

11 hours ago, Edgecoc said:

I was think of using my old Darkshards for my new DoK army as well. Hopefully those gorgon archers are better though. Can’t wait for all that new stuff.

It's harder to be worse than darkshards than it is to be better.

Digging the cover art too, and we get some DoK dice, which marks the first time any of my armies have been deemed worthy of custom dice.

Some interesting tidbits in the community post too, seems to me like the faction is getting a pretty heavy mechanical re-working, with mentions of changes to witch aelves and cauldrons, and a spell lore but nothing on prayers.

Looks like a multi-week release, with Morathi and the battletome proper up first.

3 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Shapeshifting mechanic finally confirmed officially, no more speculation (which is a relief). Still not entirely sold on the idea, it will be interesting to read the previews next week.

I think the shapeshifting mechanic forces both players to make decisions (if it works like I think it will). The Daughters of Khaine player has to decide when to drop command abilities and lose a strong caster in exchange for a strong flying monster, while the opponent has the option to force this transformation trough damaging Morathi. 
Im not even sure If I want to start a Daughters of Khaine army right now but im very excited about this! 

@Kaleun I don't think I have ever spent so much money on GW stuff as I have in the last 12 months! There's no way I'm not ordering Morathi right away though. I'm off work the week after so I get a chance to clear all the half finished stuff off my paint desk ready for the Queen's arrival.

I like the hints at the change mechanic. sounds like it will keep everyone happy (narrative players who wanted it damage/random activated and competitive players who wanted control)

The avatar of khaine statue getting rules is a bit lame!! Particularly when there's that nice Forgeword avatar that we could use!

Speaking of Khaine it amazes me that despite being a unit in 40k for decades, other than the huge FW model, there hasn't been any new Avatar models in forever. And given how the 8th edition eldar codex came and went, looks like it'll stay that way despite many other factions getting big character models like nurgle.

3 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Indeed, those eyes. And Morathi whispering in my ear seals the deal. :$

Could also be the plain white background compared to the more dramatic dark. The white tends to bring out the studio paintjob in a sterile look. IIRC many people didn't like other studio painted models like the Glottkin for looking too toy/action figure like.

Archived