GHB2017 - No love for grots

So if I didn't see the contents page, and knew there were no Grot/generic Orruk/generic Ogor then I would've surmised maybe as part of the Grand Alliance allegiance abilities there would be specific racial abilities.

This would mean, for example, there could've been different sets of command traits/magic items/spell lores for each different race in the Grand Alliance.

Why I don't think this will happen is that each Allegiance ability spans 2 pages. It might be a bit hard to cram all that into the page, given that the existing Allegiance Abilities (Without different racial stuff) spans 2 pages as well.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

37 minutes ago, armisael said:

I think it must be second page of content. In my opinion, core rule must be at the end of the book.

I don't think so. All the points are actually before the allegiance abilities, and in the last battletome (Kharadron Overlords) they didn't print the Age of Sigmar rules at the back.

Perhaps the running assumption is that if you have these kinds of books, most likely you've got the rules on your phone, tablet, or a hard copy.

Ya, I wouldn't worry too much. This clearly can't be all of it. There are no allegiance abilities listed there for Stormcast Externals OR Khorne Bloodbound... the two poster boys for AoS. They are clearly going to do more in other books. 

11 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

In fairness, we have no idea if there is another page of contents they aren't showing.

Sorry to steal the jam out you donut on that, the book is roughly the same size as the previous handbook, so 160ish pages is right - in fairness the full image shows a massive footer containing the legal text, so they had plenty of room for a longer ToC

4 hours ago, Flood said:

Ya, I wouldn't worry too much. This clearly can't be all of it. There are no allegiance abilities listed there for Stormcast Externals OR Khorne Bloodbound... the two poster boys for AoS. They are clearly going to do more in other books. 

Any army that has a current battletome with Allegiance Abilities won't be in the new handbook - it's missing Beatclaw, Sylvaneth and Kharahdron too.

The list is suggestive that we're going to see some battletomes in the next year for some of the "big" missing items - my punt includes Nurgle and something Aelvish.  I'd love to say Deathrattle, but I'm wondering if we're going to see that handled differently?

Archived