No more plaugebearers

Yeah have contacted gw and this was their reply;

I am sorry to tell you that we have discontinued and stopped producing the 'Plaguebearers of Nurgle'. This means this item usually doesn't come back and if then not in the same form. For this reason I would advice you to keep a close eye on the webstore, Warhammer Community and the White Dwarf as trough those channels we announce our new and re-releases first. 

I am sorry I cannot be of anymore help at this time. 

If you should have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards.

let's see???????

Plaguebearers are the type of miniature where even when they change things drastically they all still seem to mesh well together.  It's cool that it's more than a repack.  Though if the new version comes with a 100% price increase or something, I'll probably give them a pass.

War boss Gorbolg, may I direct you to my earlier comment from GW! 

I am sorry to tell you that we have discontinued and stopped producing the 'Plaguebearers of Nurgle'. This means this item usually doesn't come back and if then not in the same form. For this reason I would advice you to keep a close eye on the webstore, Warhammer Community and the White Dwarf as trough those channels we announce our new and re-releases first. 

I am sorry I cannot be of anymore help at this time. 

If you should have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards.

Also the GW webpage definitely states...... no longer available!!

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

It's a repack.

Put your knickers back on.

Discontinued models are made a big fuss out of, you'll notice a large range of models currently under reboxing.

Not necessarily true.  If this is actually a resculpt, then they would indeed be discontinued.  GW made clear in their response to the inquiry that they were discontinued.  I would anticipate a resculpt if they have indeed been discontinued.

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Not necessarily true.  If this is actually a resculpt, then they would indeed be discontinued.  GW made clear in their response to the inquiry that they were discontinued.  I would anticipate a resculpt if they have indeed been discontinued.

I guess they are working on Nurgle at the moment (40k and all) - I don't think plaguebearers were the most in need of a makeover but that's personal opinion...

On another note I can't recall any rumour engines that hint at something plaguebearer-esque.

I think it's likely just a repack.

There's no logical reason to discontinue the sprue. The models aren't out of date, in need of new weaponry, nor for an obsolete faction. There's no logical reason to discontinue them (and then also, not discontinue most of the Nurgle Daemons that look very similar to Plaguebearers at the same time).

So the only logical explanation IMO, is that they're going to be repacked.

Could be wrong, but I reckon you'll see them back in July alongside other Death Guard releases.

Take it with as much scepticism as you like, but rumours are that there will be a big Nurgle release 'soon'

plague bearers will still be around in some form, be it a rerelease/repack or a new sculpts. Also eBay and the secondary market isn't exactly short of these models!  

What we do know is that poxwalkers apparently aren't coming to AoS in their current form.

Gut feeling is a repack following the same trend as a lot of other items.  The GW response is purely from their customer service team who aren't filled in with what's happening so have a number of "stock" replies.  The key bit I'd say would be the following in their reply:

It's possible we could be getting some new sculpts rather than a simple rebox (we're seeing a lot of Nurgle in 40k currently), however I think it's highly unlikely they'll discontinue Plaguebearers completely.

I've said it in a few other places, but GW put over their production facility to 40k the first part of the year which is why we've seen so many items go out of stock and subsequently be reboxed without square bases and in the new AoS packaging - skeletons had this treatment not long ago.

All good points, except for one, since when have GW been logical!lol

Hope that's it's just a rebox like many of you have said as the models aren't old and they look pretty good. 

However in response to one comment, GW won't take every plaugebearer model off the store all at once if they were going to do a resculpt ie plauge drones, herorld etc. Wouldn't make sense as they wouldn't be selling as many models! Just one unit at a time to continue selling old models then do the old switcharoo! 

Books will be next, lol.

17 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Gut feeling is a repack following the same trend as a lot of other items.  The GW response is purely from their customer service team who aren't filled in with what's happening so have a number of "stock" replies.  The key bit I'd say would be the following in their reply:

It's possible we could be getting some new sculpts rather than a simple rebox (we're seeing a lot of Nurgle in 40k currently), however I think it's highly unlikely they'll discontinue Plaguebearers completely.

I've said it in a few other places, but GW put over their production facility to 40k the first part of the year which is why we've seen so many items go out of stock and subsequently be reboxed without square bases and in the new AoS packaging - skeletons had this treatment not long ago.

It's also probably important to note GW don't want to be re-sculpting the same old stuff (Especially stuff that's already quite new and in plastic) over and over again. So it makes even less sense for a unit that still fits within both the current games, has new mould and perfectly good models, to get a re-sculpt.

So the only reason to take them away would be to package them with an additional sprue (Seems a bit unlikely, all the Daemons just have one standard weapon) or to package them with different bases.

To be honest, I think any sculpt that's existed from 7th edition onwards seems unlikely to be re-sculpted unless it doesn't fit the new game for some reason. There may be many static poses from the rank and file days, but they're all pretty serviceable models. Some stuff that's still in production from 6th edition and prior though may eventually get a re-sculpt. I wouldn't expect Nightrunners or Gutter Runners to stick around with their current sculpts once Eshin gets an update.

5 hours ago, someone2040 said:

It's also probably important to note GW don't want to be re-sculpting the same old stuff (Especially stuff that's already quite new and in plastic) over and over again. So it makes even less sense for a unit that still fits within both the current games, has new mould and perfectly good models, to get a re-sculpt.

So the only reason to take them away would be to package them with an additional sprue (Seems a bit unlikely, all the Daemons just have one standard weapon) or to package them with different bases.

To be honest, I think any sculpt that's existed from 7th edition onwards seems unlikely to be re-sculpted unless it doesn't fit the new game for some reason. There may be many static poses from the rank and file days, but they're all pretty serviceable models. Some stuff that's still in production from 6th edition and prior though may eventually get a re-sculpt. I wouldn't expect Nightrunners or Gutter Runners to stick around with their current sculpts once Eshin gets an update.

I think the only real exception is if the molds become worn and they don't have the sprue layouts as a 3d CAD file.  Previously GW used to make a 3-up and use a pantograph to cut the steel mold, now that they've gone fully over to 3d CAD all molds are cut with CNC equipment and they've stopped using a pantograph (I've heard that this reduced the cost of a mold significantly).  I'm not entirely sure when this happened timescale wise and would imagine there was a transition period where some sprues were cut with both methods - considering the quality of the plaguebearers, I'd be surprised if they weren't 3d CAD - however I've been surprised before :D

Archived