AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Well, I'd assume as you tally up all the wounds mortal or not, and then apply to the unit at the end. 

If after saves you suffer 1 regular and 2 mortal wound, the armour negates the first wound regardless of source - so you'd add 2 wounds. Either way it largely works out the same, it's still one less! 

Edited by mattbarker

1 hour ago, Browncoat89 said:

I believe any army can use the lore of any realm if they just thematically state they are from that realm. That was the point of the realm spell lores was to give everyone a big bag to pick from (only one realm at a time though of course).

I think you are mistaken. The artefacts of the realms can be taken by anyone who declares their army is from that realm. The spells, on the other hand, are tied to the realm that the battle is taking place in. All wizards on both sides know all spells of the realm where the battle is taking place. And that assumes you are using the realm rules in Malign Sorcery -- it's not at all clear that tournaments will use these rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I think you are mistaken. The artefacts of the realms can be taken by anyone who declares their army is from that realm. The spells, on the other hand, are tied to the realm that the battle is taking place in. All wizards on both sides know all spells of the realm where the battle is taking place. And that assumes you are using the realm rules in Malign Sorcery -- it's not at all clear that tournaments will use these rules.

Oh you're right I was thinking of the artefacts, my mistake.

So I played my first game and my fireglaives were amazing and shot down my opponents vampire lord and terrorgeist which both took damage from flying too far. My deathshreikers and dreadquake were mediocre because I was targeting support units so I didn't get any of the unit size bonus. The chalice of blood and darkness shut down my opponents spell casting for a turn which helped me shoot him off the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

So I played my first game and my fireglaives were amazing and shot down my opponents vampire lord and terrorgeist which both took damage from flying too far. My deathshreikers and dreadquake were mediocre because I was targeting support units so I didn't get any of the unit size bonus. The chalice of blood and darkness shut down my opponents spell casting for a turn which helped me shoot him off the table.

How many did you take? I only have one block of 20 currently! 

Here's a quote from Ben in the recent Warhammer Community article on the Chaos Dwarfs update:

Shar’tor the Executioner and the Taur’ruks have updated command abilities now that can turn Bull Centaur Renders units into real killing machines. Extra attacks, re-roll hits of 1, re-roll charges – it’s expensive in command points to pull off, but when you get the chance, these units will hit like a train.   

Anyone know where we get extra attacks from? I can't figure it out... Neither of the command abilities mention that, nor does the battalion.

25 minutes ago, Roark said:

Here's a quote from Ben in the recent Warhammer Community article on the Chaos Dwarfs update:

Shar’tor the Executioner and the Taur’ruks have updated command abilities now that can turn Bull Centaur Renders units into real killing machines. Extra attacks, re-roll hits of 1, re-roll charges – it’s expensive in command points to pull off, but when you get the chance, these units will hit like a train.   

Anyone know where we get extra attacks from? I can't figure it out... Neither of the command abilities mention that, nor does the battalion.

Not sure either, as far as I can see the taur'ruuk has lost an attack not gained new ones!

38 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

Not sure either, as far as I can see the taur'ruuk has lost an attack not gained new ones!

He might be refering to the command trait that allows a hero (Tau'ruk) to pile in and attack a 2nd time on a 5+ if he is attacking a hero or monster. That's all I can think of. That combined with the +1 to hit from the battalion, and +1 to hit from the Taur'ruk command ability, could have the whole battalion hitting on 2's rerolling 1's.

2 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

He might be refering to the command trait that allows a hero (Tau'ruk) to pile in and attack a 2nd time on a 5+ if he is attacking a hero or monster. That's all I can think of. That combined with the +1 to hit from the battalion, and +1 to hit from the Taur'ruk command ability, could have the whole battalion hitting on 2's rerolling 1's.

He said it's expensive command points wide implying it's a combination, but I still can't see how even using a castellans 

1 hour ago, Browncoat89 said:

Battalion gives reroll hits, not +1 hit.

Tauruk Command ability gives +1 to Hit 

and they all have +1 to Charges nie 

i am very pleased with this Update. Only realy sad thing is the fireglaive Champion. The Rest of the nerfs arent that Bad and we still got a lot of Buffs and Most importantly our own allegiance abilities 

some People who are complaining here didnt Seem to notice the changes for the last years Update (2017) and refering back to our First warscrolls. 

I did one small game so far and there is a lot more to come!

16 minutes ago, RoyalDachshund said:

Hmm guys?

How do one start this army (aiming mostly towards the dwarf side of things)?

My wallet is prepared, some alternative models spoted - to have some variety - but... what should I center a 1000 points army around?

So I know this isn't perhaps the best option.. 

http://norbaminiatures.com/en/27-infernal-dwarves

But whilst googling I found this place. You'll find they have a range that are uncannily like our beloved Legion. Wonder what people think about how similar they are... 

4 minutes ago, RoyalDachshund said:

I was asking more about "what a typical 1000 points lists looks like" rather then where to get models ;) (although Ścibor Miniatures with his lord on doombull stole my heart)

demonsmith

20+ ironsworn

20 fireglaves

Iron demon

Magma cannon

Edited by Entombet