Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway i love how they played with the keyword in the book. As we know there are some heroes that can take every artefact and every trait available since they have the daemon,mortal and rotbringer keyword (harbinger of decay, lord of affliction, chaos lord on daemon mount) maybe it will allow us a lot of flexibility in terms of builds!

Strange we had no news about maggoth lords. Hope at least that the sorcerer will be a double caster (cause mortals have no double caster beside ethrac glott)

37 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

It costs 7 contagion points to summon additional gnarlmaws mid game. 

Seconded. Tree's are free for nurgle armies, and they start with one. As said, 7 points that you generate in game to spawn more, and slimux can also spawn more. Therefore, whilst the rules would say they would require paying for, it doesn't matter, because free.

1 hour ago, smucreo said:

The other thing I want to see is how hard our hardest hitters can hit,

Now see, I am a pretty, new nurgle convert but I don't think you want to have tough/durable, fast (now it seems), great spells, hard hitting all in one tome. You need a weakness.

If you look at a SC or Fyreslayers list (maybe the 2 most durable) they've weaknesses (not great damage and no mortal wound output respectively) which stops them from being, I dunno Tzeentch (who also have some weaknesses - well that's a debate for elsewhere).

12 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Now see, I am a pretty, new nurgle convert but I don't think you want to have tough/durable, fast (now it seems), great spells, hard hitting all in one tome. You need a weakness.

If you look at a SC or Fyreslayers list (maybe the 2 most durable) they've weaknesses (not great damage and no mortal wound output respectively) which stops them from being, I dunno Tzeentch (who also have some weaknesses - well that's a debate for elsewhere).

the lack of rend is nurgles issue, against 2+ save stormcast we couldnt do anything.

rend is still going to be an issue, nurgle gets alot of attacks but they dont hit hard/often/ or break armour. thats its weakness. 

10 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

the lack of rend is nurgles issue, against 2+ save stormcast we couldnt do anything.

rend is still going to be an issue, nurgle gets alot of attacks but they dont hit hard/often/ or break armour. thats its weakness. 

That walk through they did on twitch though, it was just 'this does mortal wounds, this can do mortal wounds, this can buff this so it does mortal wounds, this makes all the above do MORE mortal wounds'.

17 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

They did mention on stream how you can take I think an artefact that makes things have -1 save, and also festus, and they stack.

12 hours ago, Killax said:

Rotbringers are a special kind of Nurgle followers, like Bloodbound for Khorne.They have both Keywords. Slaves to Darkness for example only has the Mortal list options

Ah, I had completely forgotten about Slaves to Darkness(and I guess Skaven Pestilens too). That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Don't know. I think that Rotigus is bound to be a true center piece. Pick 7 units in LoS, which should prioritize all characters in sight and have a 4+ roll to do D3 mortal wounds to them. That right there, for it's 340 points, is enough of a push on paper for me to have Nurgle compete with others. The spell isn't bound to range, Rotigus isn't easy to kill through shooting and that's just one model right there.

In addition there are small Rend bubbles and attack boosts available too. I think the only weakness can be speed, there are bursts of it but if those models are dealth with initially then things get tougher. There are offcourse options for Blight Trees to fix that but the Battle Trait is otherwise still quite random and the Contagion points still have to be worked for.

They haven't stated how the contagion points work yet do they?  Like how you gain them?  That part is interesting.  Now I really hope for a start collecting, but we know that wont' happen :P would be great though.  5 blightkings, lord of blights, 2 pusgoyle blightlords.

15 minutes ago, wayniac said:

They haven't stated how the contagion points work yet do they?  Like how you gain them?  That part is interesting.  Now I really hope for a start collecting, but we know that wont' happen :P 

So I think there's at least a little section in the new White Dwarf that says you generate Contagion Points by having units in your and your enemies deployment zones, and for having Feculent Gnarlmaws on the table (with no enemies near them).

Im sure I heard the Lord of Blights formation confers rend: Him and 3 units of Blightkings - gives them ALL the ability to shoot rotten heads within 7 inch bubble AND gives them all -1 rend! It wasn’t clear if this rend was for the shooting attack or melee attack. I’m not 100% on this as I was making a parsnip soup at the time.

4 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Im sure I heard the Lord of Blights formation confers rend: Him and 3 units of Blightkings - gives them ALL the ability to shoot rotten heads within 7 inch bubble AND gives them all -1 rend! It wasn’t clear if this rend was for the shooting attack or melee attack. I’m not 100% on this as I was making a parsnip soup at the time.

If this is true i think that we have the new go-to formation. Maybe we lose the tankiness of the plaguetouched but -1 rend on 2-30 blightkings is reaaaaaally scary. 

Also if harbinger is nerfed a 20 man unit (discounted cause massive regiments) with lord of blights buffs is 84 wounds with -2 to hit in shooting and -1 in melee. All with rend and spells that can buff them.

33 minutes ago, DaveBusse said:

So I think there's at least a little section in the new White Dwarf that says you generate Contagion Points by having units in your and your enemies deployment zones, and for having Feculent Gnarlmaws on the table (with no enemies near them).

Yep that's the whole idea, some will be left back, some will be in the front.

From the getgo this makes Rotigus and Epidemius fantastic models because those will love to hang back in your own deployment zone and still be very efficient.
Meanwhile with the fantastic bursts of speed you will eventually have units in your enemy deployment zone. In addition it also makes the Blightkings on Drones some really interesting units. Lastly defending the Blight Tree is also a very cool thing to do for all kinds of reasons so it's neat to be able to obtain a point there too.

It's likely this will all be checked before the Hero phase (like Blood Tithe points) so usually you will be able to obtain 2 per turn and sometimes 3. This usually will mean you can do some really neat things with it turn 2 and 3. Adding another Blight Tree for example is awesome because that too will accumulate more points.

It is a lot of book keeping but that's apperantly what Nurgle likes to do these days too :P 

I like that Nurgle is getting its own analogue to blood tithe points. They seemed thematic for Khorne armies to get stronger the more they kill and now Nurgle armies will get stronger  by basically spreading Nurgle's gifts across the table. And Tzeencth has destiny dice as their thing, so I wonder what Slaneesh will get when/if it finally gets a real army(unless it has something I'm not aware of, I've not seen any slaneeshi armies in the wild).

32 minutes ago, Killax said:

[...]From the getgo this makes Rotigus and Epidemius fantastic models because those will love to hang back in your own deployment zone and still be very efficient.[...]

Has there been any confirmation that Epidemius is in the Battletome?

I'm asking, as it seems that his mechanic sort of have been spread out, and he hasn't been mentioned in any of the information I've seen so far.

I suppose Ku'gath the Plaguefather is gone, since Rotigus is also available in the 40k Codex.

12 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

Has there been any confirmation that Epidemius is in the Battletome?

I'm asking, as it seems that his mechanic sort of have been spread out, and he hasn't been mentioned in any of the information I've seen so far.

I suppose Ku'gath the Plaguefather is gone, since Rotigus is also available in the 40k Codex.

No confirmation, though it matters little.

1. The model is still available: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Epidemus
2. The Warscroll is there.
3. GH2017 has a cost for him. 

Ku'gath isn't gone but indeed it's very unlikely he will be in this Battletome. The prime reason why I do expect Epidemus to be in the Battletome is because Valkia, Scyla, Skulltaker, Blue Scribes and Curseling where in their respective Battletome's too. If anything because of this it would actually be extremely strange to see the available Epidemus not turn up here. 

Cheers,

2 hours ago, Percivael said:

If so, oh my god.  That would be amazing.

As I posted previously, I am really happy with  the extra wound for Blightkings, very cool miniatures and now they are even more durable. The only negative is that the improved profile probably means they are to good to ever appear in a Shadespire warband. ;)

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

As I posted previously, I am really happy with  the extra wound for Blightkings, very cool miniatures and now they are even more durable. The only negative is that the improved profile probably means they are to good to ever appear in a Shadespire warband. ;)

Pestigors are for Shadespire :P 

Archived