Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

13 hours ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

Been struggling to get feedback on this list. Any thoughts on what to add to get to 2000 points?

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle (500)
- General
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (270)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)

Units
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)

Total: 1730/2000

I would get some more spell casting in there, may be throw in a Plague Priest for triggering Mortal wounds on the Drones.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some are healing.

One give mortal wounds to enemies. One might give mortal wounds to enemies close to scenery. Two force enemy rerolls. One make Nurgle units faster.

Can't wait to try them out. Played the right way I think they might be very effective but either way they are very thematic. 

Yeah they are very cool and seem all effective. Especially the acces to doing better wounds is basically all Nurgle needed anyway. This way you are less focused on just one unit and can indeed do a lot with just Plaguebearers, Nurglings and Drones aswell. All in all it seems to help out a lot.

Last but not less important I still would play the Clan Pestilens Plague Claws. I feel that soon any Nurgle army with two of those is a legit army to begin with. The use of Hordes are certain so the effect of Plague Claws is certain.

Cheers,

The plagueclaw is definitely a good thing to use in this GH.

What do you think? Is worth it to bring the allegiance without traits and artefacts? I wanted to try it in the club this thursday but the lack of artefacts and traits is really putting me down.

Am playing a mixed Nurgle btw.

anyway i bring up my thoughts about the new guo rules (when it will arrive someday):

4+, 11wounds, 6" move.

3 attacks, 3+/2+/-2/d3

7" d6 attacks 3+/2+/-2/d3

Grandfather's joy: +1 attack for a unit within 14"

Mountain of loathsome flesh: D3 mortal wounds after charge on a 4+

Heal, DR, plague wind remain the same

Between 260 and 300 points

I am basing this on the exalted guo and the strong correlation between other exalted greater daemons and their 'normal' counterpart

2 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Daemons of Nurgle have allies now.

Rotbringers are not part of their allies.

Well isn't that because  Rotbringers and daemons are the same now. They all have the Nurgle Keyword and counts as one faction, therefore they cannot choose each other as allies.

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Well isn't that because  Rotbringers and daemons are the same now. They all have the Nurgle Keyword and counts as one faction, therefore they cannot choose each other as allies.

That's not how Factions work unfortunatly. I think you are refering to them possibly having all acces to a Nurgle Allegiance but that Allegiance isnt complete yet.

Worry not, I think there is simply a Nurgle's Rotbringers book comming up soon that will tie both together. But currently they cannot ally, super odd.

Someone should get that to the Community boards to have it fixed next week.

5 minutes ago, Killax said:

That's not how Factions work unfortunatly. I think you are refering to them possibly having all acces to a Nurgle Allegiance but that Allegiance isnt complete yet.

Worry not, I think there is simply a Nurgle's Rotbringers book comming up soon that will tie both together. But currently they cannot ally, super odd.

Someone should get that to the Community boards to have it fixed next week.

Oddly enough the change to the Blight Kings that they are now battleline if you have Nurgle allegiance - Which must mean that there is such a thing as Nurgle allegiance?

I presume they end up with a name like Blades of Khorne/Disciples of Tzeentch, so 'Rotbringers of Nurgle' would make sense, but then just listing it as 'Nurgle allegiance' seems odd.

12 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

Oddly enough the change to the Blight Kings that they are now battleline if you have Nurgle allegiance - Which must mean that there is such a thing as Nurgle allegiance?

I presume they end up with a name like Blades of Khorne/Disciples of Tzeentch, so 'Rotbringers of Nurgle' would make sense, but then just listing it as 'Nurgle allegiance' seems odd.

There is, and it has partial rules found in the Blightwars box. What is a bit unfortunate is that it's now very much exclusive to that box. In the same vein it's unfortunate that the Nurgle Allegiance currently has no Command Traits, Artefacts or Spells to choose from. However as per GH2017 we also see that Allegiances apperantly do not always come with a new set of spells or prayers aswell.

I also believe that the upcomming Battletome for Nurgle will be Nurgle's Rotbringers and that this indeed will be another update that overrides GH2017's entry (like BoK did with GH2016) it's a rocky road but we'll get there ;) It took the Khorne players a while to understand what was going on with "Bloodbound" aswell.

As above though, do mention this on the Community Facebook Page of Age of Sigmar. I am 100% certain this is an oversight, because Clan Pestilence can ally with Nurgle Daemons. In that same vein I also believe it's also an oversight that only Chaos Daemons can be played with Everchosen as an Ally of Everchosen. (Chaos Daemons has no Battleline)

In general the "Daemons of Chaos entries" seem to lack the part where they put Allies in and that was an  oversight.

I suspect that the dial will be exclusive to the box, but the abilities will stay the same when/if a Battletome is released and that will have the spells and artefacts in to go along with the allegiance abilities we already have. I'm hoping that the horticulux war scroll is a solid hint that new beasts of Nurgle will be arriving along with a GUO - hopefully that will be a duel kit in the same way the LoC one was.  

52 minutes ago, Tubs said:

What's everyone thoughts on Bloab? Worth the points? How effective has his spell been?

He looks amazing, I'm just starting but my more nurgly friend has made good use of him! He says you just need to commit though. Seems like it would be great for VS Sylvaneth and other elite armies

2 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

I think Bloab is pretty nice all-rounder, and he's amazing if you can cause damage in every phase (hero, shooting, combat, and battleshock mean a potential 4D3 mortal wounds).

That's interesting actually, rereading the spell it needs to be wounds of mortal wounds so battleshock wouldn't work? Or do we have access to abilities that damage people in the battleshock phase?

Worth pointing out that Horticulus can cause wounds in the movement phase, and some of the big beasts in the charge phase!

15 hours ago, Hightime said:

So for those who purchased the new Blight war set.  What are all the different abilities on the dial? Seen a couple pics, but can't read them to well.

Roll a d6 at the start of the match and then it moves clockwise at the start of each new battleground.

1 add 2" to move for all Nurgle units

2 add 1 to wound rolls made by Nurgle units in the combat phase

3 roll a dice for each unit within 1" of terrain.  On a 5+ the unit suffers 1 mortal wound, Nurgle heals 1 wound

4 enemies reroll battle shock tests of 1 (excludes Nurgle)

5 enemies reroll wounds of 6 or more (excluding Nurgle)

6 at start of Hero phase, pick d3 enemy units ( excluding Nurgle) within 12" of each other.  Each suffers d3 mortal wounds

No Dice Nurgle units heal d3 wounds at the start of their hero phase

Could work out great, but it will require some thinking ahead.

I have picked up blightwater and was wondering from there what should I add to my nurgle army, and without being able to ally with rotbringers, how would you do an all nurgle army. 

I wish it to be fairly competive, able to win some games. 

You can go all daemons or Nurgle. There is actually no point in going only daemon route.

Fairly good options are: plaguebearers, drones, blightkings, guo or exalted guo, sorcerer lord, epidemius, bloab, plagueclaw, marauders

Good options that need a specific build to work: glottkin, plague priest, warriors, daemon prince, harbinger of decay, horticulus, bile troll

Depends om what are you aiming at and what kind of list do you want to play

Took runner up Best Army at the NOVA Open!! Really proud. Best Army was an amazingly painted iron jaws army painted by Oscar from Frontline Gaming. I had two solid wins (12-8, 15-5) on the first day.. but ran into a kunnin rukk/double stonehorn list and got banged (0-20 loss). That hurt my ability to get higher ranked in the best general. Second day I tabled both my opponents. (20-0, 20-0). One was a sky fire list with big blob of chaos warriors as backup. Last game (on table 8..so playing for a spot in top 10) was a nasty fire slayers list. Unfortunatley for him it was a kill points mission and I turtled in the center of the board and when we got stuck in I was able to grind him down via attrition. But fire slayers will be showing up in tournaments now with gh2017 improvements I guarantee it. This tournament still used gh2016..

best general was double LoC, 18 skyfires, couple shamans, gaunt summoner and 3x 10 marauder meat shield. My friend played him for best general is GA death list of VLoZD, mourngul, VLoAB, 60 zombies, corpse cart and necro. Game literally came down to turn 3 priority roll. Kaleb (DoT) rolled 2, my friend (wagemaker) rolled a 1. Whomp whomp.

Still waiting official standings, but second best painted and top ten battle points...I'm REALLY happy with considering my list (plaguetouched warband with 20 blightkings, harbinger of decay -general..bloab, glotkin and 28 marauders and summoning some nurglings)

Great event!!!!

54 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Took runner up Best Army at the NOVA Open!! Really proud. Best Army was an amazingly painted iron jaws army painted by Oscar from Frontline Gaming. I had two solid wins (12-8, 15-5) on the first day.. but ran into a kunnin rukk/double stonehorn list and got banged (0-20 loss). That hurt my ability to get higher ranked in the best general. Second day I tabled both my opponents. (20-0, 20-0). One was a sky fire list with big blob of chaos warriors as backup. Last game (on table 8..so playing for a spot in top 10) was a nasty fire slayers list. Unfortunatley for him it was a kill points mission and I turtled in the center of the board and when we got stuck in I was able to grind him down via attrition. But fire slayers will be showing up in tournaments now with gh2017 improvements I guarantee it. This tournament still used gh2016..

best general was double LoC, 18 skyfires, couple shamans, gaunt summoner and 3x 10 marauder meat shield. My friend played him for best general is GA death list of VLoZD, mourngul, VLoAB, 60 zombies, corpse cart and necro. Game literally came down to turn 3 priority roll. Kaleb (DoT) rolled 2, my friend (wagemaker) rolled a 1. Whomp whomp.

Still waiting official standings, but second best painted and top ten battle points...I'm REALLY happy with considering my list (plaguetouched warband with 20 blightkings, harbinger of decay -general..bloab, glotkin and 28 marauders and summoning some nurglings)

Great event!!!!

That was the list Caleb won Adepticon with.  He barely beat my plaguetouched list on Table 2 in the final round (I had him shut out until the fourth turn ;) ).

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

That was the list Caleb won Adepticon with.  He barely beat my plaguetouched list on Table 2 in the final round (I had him shut out until the fourth turn ;) ).

He actually told me that story ahah. he is a cool dude. I was in line at Starbucks and was saying his list was mean and we better hope we don't play it..then I realized he was right behind me ahahah. Great event. I was really surprised he beat Wagemaker. Gen is a really good great tactician.

51 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

He actually told me that story ahah. he is a cool dude. I was in line at Starbucks and was saying his list was mean and we better hope we don't play it..then I realized he was right behind me ahahah. Great event. I was really surprised he beat Wagemaker. Gen is a really good great tactician.

awesome result! im curious what you struggled against the obvious shooting. I suppose mobility will always be an issue with nurgle

just find the large amount of PBK really interesting 

5 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Great event!!!!

I walked by and saw your army while you guys were in between rounds and on break, it looked awesome.  Congrats on the runner up!

Archived