Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Can we get a summary from the video? At work and desperate for Nurgle leaks!!!!

Same! I can't think which unit should go up in points though. Any guesses? People were complaining about the GUO, so perhaps that? All our units were pretty expensive as is!

1 minute ago, hughwyeth said:

Same! I can't think which unit should go up in points though. Any guesses? People were complaining about the GUO, so perhaps that? All our units were pretty expensive as is!

Yeah if anything things like horticulous, and LoA I thought should be brought to 200. Glotkin still needs to come down a bit. I’m a sad panda

1 minute ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Yeah if anything things like horticulous, and LoA I thought should be brought to 200. Glotkin still needs to come down a bit. I’m a sad panda

Yeah big G is too much. He's getting no benefit from look out sir either, so he's even more vulnerable. I wouldn't be surprise if plaguetouched went up to even 200. It's the battalion that keeps placing top 5 for nurgle it seems. 

I was gonna post a screenshot then realised we're not allowed to. From what I can see (the resolution isn't enough and he only shows 1 page of maggotkin, so we're missing the rest I think) 

Epidemius 200
Plaguebearers 120/320
Festus 160 (?)
Gutrot 160 (?)
Harbinger 160 or 180 (?)
Horticulous 220
LoA 220
LoB 140 (?)
LoP 140 (?)
Poxbringer 120
Sloppity 120
Spoilpox 120 (?)
Sorcerer 120
Bloab 260 (?)

A lot of those look the same? 

1 minute ago, peasant said:

does the rustfang or festus spell affects the bastiladon?

I don't have the Rustfang wording in front of me, but iirc, it Festus, and Favored Poxes all lower save by 1, they don't increase the rend of a weapon. I think that they would work on the Bastiladon. Its a little counter-intuitive, but the wording seems pretty clear on it's warscroll. It doesn't say that its save cannon't drop below X, just that it ignores rend. 

11 minutes ago, Darkfine said:

Sometimes it feels like I’m the only AoS completely uninterested in endless spells.  Maybe PTSD from playing dwarves in the age of Purple Sun of Xerxes. 

I must admit I'm a little concerned as if memory serves me right, I used to get either Purple Sun'd or Dweller'd (one was against Strength and one Initiative) off the board by a Dark Elf sorceress who sacrificed spearmen to guarantee the cast!

But, having said that, from what I've read so far they don't seem to be on that level of broken so I think they'll be a nice addition.

Quick question, I'm new to AoS from 40k and I'm bringing my Nurgle Daemons with me.

I would never really take just 10 Plaugebearers in 40k but I see it a lot more in AoS.

Are min units of 10 Plaugebearers viable in AoS?

29 minutes ago, Dew said:

Quick question, I'm new to AoS from 40k and I'm bringing my Nurgle Daemons with me.

I would never really take just 10 Plaugebearers in 40k but I see it a lot more in AoS.

Are min units of 10 Plaugebearers viable in AoS?

well, are viable but you lose a lot of improvement if you compare with a 30 unit: points discount, better protection against attacks... But they are still good in their main purpose... resist

Archived