Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

17 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Faction focus is up. Most important part:

"Rather trust to your guns? You won’t be disappointed. The points for loads of popular Kharadron Overlords units have been reduced, making them much more tempting choices in your army. The Grundstok Gunhauler is now 160 points, 80 (!) less than its previous cost in 2017 General’s Handbook, while the Arkanaut Frigate and Arkanaut Ironclad have seen similar drops. If you already own a sky-fleet of these ships for matched play games, chances are, you’ll find you now have points to add even more firepower into your list in the new edition"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/28/28th-may-faction-focus-kharadron-overlordsgw-homepage-post-3/

ron-moved.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Grundstok Gunhauler is now 160 points, 80 (!) less than its previous cost in 2017"

Is it enough to make this tiny yet pretty ship efficient/good choice? Point reduction for frigate can be interesting because of the transport ability, but the lilly ship on the other hand...? I'm not good enough on KO to say.

Can a KO player give some insight?

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

"The Grundstok Gunhauler is now 160 points, 80 (!) less than its previous cost in 2017"

Is it enough to make this tiny yet pretty ship efficient/good choice? Point reduction for frigate can be interesting because of the transport ability, but the lilly ship on the other hand...? I'm not good enough on KO to say.

Can a KO player give some insight?

So 160 pts for ~1.8 shooting Wound ?;P

Wow...so now basic skeleton warriors can dish out 430 ( or whatever amount) attacks in 1 phase, but FEAR NOT!  We get access to STORMCAST ALLIES!  

Pretty sad Faction Focus...sounds like they only want to boost sales on the Start Collecting box.

I'm excited about the decrease in cost for the boats. Right now I have two frigates painted up, and it sounds like I could almost add a gunhauler in my list just with the points freed up from those all dropping in price!

I know the gunhauler isn't great, but for 160 points it doesn't seem bad as a mobile cannon platform.

A big point reduction on ships sounds like a ok change to me. I only ally KO into my fyreslayers and fairly new at the game too. But if you run a list with 2 med/big ships and get a 160 point reduction, that seems like a win to me. All fyreslayers got was, now we can use more then 1 command ability... er wait, thats what everyone got... Fyreslayers got nottin'

1 hour ago, eciu said:

Also interesting that there was no word on Navigator (expecting his "magic" role might be important), instead KO should buy SCE stuff beacuse they got the rules xD

That he is now able to unbind spells at whooping 30” has increased his value a great bit! Considering how much magic we’re going to face now 

3 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral said:

That he is now able to unbind spells at whooping 30” has increased his value a great bit! Considering how much magic we’re going to face now 

Good luck with your single/double unbind without bonuses against any magic heavy army ^^

14 minutes ago, eciu said:

Good luck with your single/double unbind without bonuses against any magic heavy army ^^

Thanks! With “Trust aethermatics, not superstition” he could be able to unbind 3 spells with either the artifact they mention in the faction focus or you can put an aethersight loupe on him and effectively give him 3 dice to unbind. 

Not forgetting that “trust aethermatics, not superstition” makes all heroes able to unbind. 

Edit: I forgot Barak-Nar also give +1 to unbind

8 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral said:

Thanks! With “Trust aethermatics, not superstition” he could be able to unbind 3 spells with either the artifact they mention in the faction focus or you can put an aethersight loupe on him and effectively give him 3 dice to unbind. 

Not forgetting that “trust aethermatics, not superstition” makes all heroes able to unbind. 

Edit: I forgot Barak-Nar also give +1 to unbind

I have some sad news for you. Loupe does not give 3d6 anymore. It was FAQ to be exactly like the relic they spoiled today...

7 hours ago, Midjithero said:

Wow...so now basic skeleton warriors can dish out 430 ( or whatever amount) attacks in 1 phase, but FEAR NOT!  We get access to STORMCAST ALLIES!  

Pretty sad Faction Focus...sounds like they only want to boost sales on the Start Collecting box.

The 'success' of Detachments in 40k has made it apparent GW love the concept of allies because it encourages you, on some level, to dip into other model lines. Whether it be from a tournament perspective for soup or "hm I could bring this new Y model and still keep my army as X". Going forward, we're probably going to see "BUY MORE ALLIES!" pushed harder than armies having massive glaring flaws that are nonetheless accounted for, such as improving the Navigator's anti-magic potential beyond what it already was.

The obvious exception being the Stormcast, who have a big enough fanbase they can just keep expanding the range and know plenty will buy 'em.

The points cost reduction for the boats was expected and maybe it may impact more list-building options but I do hope that doesn't mean they aren't going to at least review things like the current save ratings for the Gunhauler and the Frigate.

Feels like more thought needs to be put into KO. The Endrinmaster still feels like dead-weight and should be buffed in ways that makes bringing him in a boat-heavy list worth it.   

1 hour ago, FleetAdmiral said:

Check FAQ, 3 dice to unbind is not possible, then have had changed that. 
Bee-bop

Sooooo, Thunderer still sucks, but since they are the only unit that can shoot out of combat, they are no longer they only units who sucks! Enjoy all kharadron's ranged units being pitifull (wait, aren't they all ranged units?)

But ! GOOOOOD NEEWS  Gunhauler point drop! Your army sucks but now you have cheap useless cover for your Useless overpriced Ironclad who cannot shoot out of combat even if it's FU%&ING FLYING boat ! 

*immersion*

- "Helsman! Aim at the Stardrake which s striking on US quickly!"  
- "but capt'n, there's a grouphound who's jumping at our hull, his vicious jaws cling to our Belaying Valves!"
- "Damned! we are doom.... REtreat!
- "But capt'n..."

Archived