The Painting Contract - April 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for April 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, silver tower or blood bowl as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

With all that out of the way

My April pledge:

I am going to be focusing on tidying up my remaining dwarves, finish my lord of plagues and start a new project

Good luck folks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was waiting for this to show up! I pledge to do my display board/mat/etc for the greenskins, which is the final part of Legions of Legend, and also I'll be conservative and say one magister. He will be the test model of my disciples of tzeentch so will take my time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

Was waiting for this to show up! I pledge to do my display board/mat/etc for the greenskins, which is the final part of Legions of Legend, and also I'll be conservative and say one magister. He will be the test model of my disciples of tzeentch so will take my time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Should have been yesterday but I have been slack! To make up for it I am planning a painting comp to go alongside this at the end of the month. 

Looking forward to your stuff as always bud :D

Oh yes, a new month and new goals. 

I have 5 wraithmongers to get my AoS force to 1k points, also have the Gorechosen game to paint (as a game and they slot into my army) and I just picked up a garden of Morr...so I pledge to get that done!

I'm going to be very ambitious, and try to get a large chunk of my backlog done. Therefore, I'm pledging to have painted 15 Brutes and a Warchanter. 5 of those brutes are going to be hard, as they're kitbashed with some 40k pieces.

Finish up painting my Branchwraith and Dryads (About 1/3 through the BW and 16, need to fix the eyes on 12 others)

Build a small Nurgle contingent (5 Blightkings, 3 nurglings, 10 P-Bearers, Maggoth Lord, and up for my debate but also 3 P-Drones).

Finish clipping off old sprues into bits bin.

Stretch Goal: Finish painting a little bit of old Menoth models for WMH (6 Choir, Kreoss1, Vassal, and Crusader) not AoS, but whatever.

Oh, and get married on the 22nd and enjoy my honeymoon that next week. Should probably move that to the front of the list.

Alright, I will be in on this. I need to paint 3.5 Tzaangors to finish the Silver Tower, but that is hardly enough for a month, so I will add 10 x Savage Orruks and maybe the Wardokk. Oh, and finish basing the Silver Tower, got a few of them to do as well.

I will try to finish my second kurnoth hunter.. finally ?

And finish building my box of Stormcast raptors and mayhaps begin building vanguard or palladors too. And as a bonus Ive still got my 4 spites and 5 dryads to paint so I should try and paint least one mini from that pile too.. and Im in the process of repainting some old Blightkings too :D Way too much stuff to distract me from what I should be painting.

I thought that after painting 2000 points in the last 6 weeks, with 1000 of it being in March, I'd be taking a break, but nope! 

The gf has already started her next scenery project, so that means lots of hobby room time.

I may add to this, but for now:

- 6 kurnoth hunters with bows (we're going wood elf dragon hunting)

- branchwraith

- Quest cogsmith dwarf dude

- Quest fyreslayer hero

- Quest other dwarf hero

- A random stormcast in pink armor

- A skaven hero of some sort

Edit : Adding in a few Black Plague archers and heroes

With an upcoming campaign day and two armies that fall a bit short on options my pledge wil be a bit different. 

1. 250pt+ of Skaven
  2. 300pt+ of Dark elves
  3. Some extra jungle themed terrain

And if possible finish my first unit of spartan style Chaos Warriors. 

Voucher would probably be the fairest option. Not that I have any chance, noting the talent on this place.

I am off to a good start though. Should have the Tzaangors done in the next two days, one down already and my first Bonesplitter finished as well.

Photos to come.

I'm off to a good start here with the green stuff!

Perhaps not master sculpting but quantity over quality here for making mushrooms in bulk and maybe I'll have enough to start my forest too one day.

any good advises for not getting finger prints on the GS surface? I try to use plenty of water on my fingers. My metal tools are often too sharp/edgy to smoothen anything without bending the mushroom heads a bit.

IMG_4110.JPG

I'm off to a good start here with the green stuff!
Perhaps not master sculpting but quantity over quality here for making mushrooms in bulk and maybe I'll have enough to start my forest too one day.

any good advises for not getting finger prints on the GS surface? I try to use plenty of water on my fingers. My metal tools are often too sharp/edgy to smoothen anything without bending the mushroom heads a bit.
IMG_4110.JPG.de0722af6452bfd323c379ff7e320810.JPG

Get yourself a colour shaper tool. It's like a paintbrush with a rubber tip instead of bristles, really helps with more organic textures and keeping the dreaded finger prints out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived