Shadspire in shyish? New death stuff?

If i had to guess i would imagine it may be similar to silver tower.

In otherwords we will get a few death model variations alongside the rest of the set that will ultimatly be added to the death release down the line just like the: Karic acolytes, Tzaangors, Brimstone horror and ogroid

21 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I think regardless of the greenish color (which is often used to indicate evil magic/sinister setting) Death would be very likely seeing the subtitle: Warhammer underworlds ;) 

Actually is more about the walls than the greenish glow. :)

59 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

If i had to guess i would imagine it may be similar to silver tower.

In otherwords we will get a few death model variations alongside the rest of the set that will ultimatly be added to the death release down the line just like the: Karic acolytes, Tzaangors, Brimstone horror and ogroid

I really hope this is the case. I think using that technique to demonstrate newer models to come has been proven to build enthusiasm and having a pick up and play game is a good way of getting people into the hobby

Those are pretty clearly Khorne-worshippers on the cover. Seems odd to me that a game of "arena combat" would feature Stormcasts versus Khorne cultists... and be about Vampires.

I strongly suspect this will be more of a variation of Gorechosen's gameplay extended to more (all?) factions than a Mordheim-a-like. GW seems pretty committed to the new Warhammer Quest line for that sort of game... and standard AoS already works well for those wanting a small model count game. 

But a "lunch break" length boardgame with Citadel Miniatures duking it out in a gladiator pit? That's a marketing niche they haven't covered.

14 minutes ago, Thain said:

Those are pretty clearly Khorne-worshippers on the cover. Seems odd to me that a game of "arena combat" would feature Stormcasts versus Khorne cultists... and be about Vampires.

I strongly suspect this will be more of a variation of Gorechosen's gameplay extended to more (all?) factions than a Mordheim-a-like. GW seems pretty committed to the new Warhammer Quest line for that sort of game... and standard AoS already works well for those wanting a small model count game. 

But a "lunch break" length boardgame with Citadel Miniatures duking it out in a gladiator pit? That's a marketing niche they haven't covered.

There will likely be a narrative inside that explains. but i belive the realm of death was being assailed by Khorne in particular last i checked. So their presence seems justified. I would imagine that there will be an"Excuse" for all 4 factions to be involved. As for the SC vs BB cover . . . . . .GW and there poster boys.

I think it's mostly a question of "we've already sunk the capital into making cheap easy to assemble push fit Khorne barbarians and Stormcasts. Might as well use 'me as often as we can to recover that cost."

9 minutes ago, Thain said:

I think it's mostly a question of "we've already sunk the capital into making cheap easy to assemble push fit Khorne barbarians and Stormcasts. Might as well use 'me as often as we can to recover that cost."

Yeah possibly.

As but at the end of the day atleast its not all about them. If it was an arena battle featuring stormcasts vs bloodbound in the stormy azyr surrounded by storms and storm clouds while being circled by storm birds or in a bloody arena sourrounded by rivers of blood while the losers are fed to blood hounds by a bloodthrister. THEN i would rolemy eyes and say pass.

But its not. its in a death like realm and if they dont offer atleast something that actually relates to that realm then its gonna be a hell of a random setting for those two combatents.

I think that GW has a very recent precedent for starting something out as Chaos-only and then extending it to the other grand alliances. After all, Path to Glory was first introduced (Christmas 2015) for Chaos, before showing up in the General's Handbook for more factions -- and it has since become standard in all the new battletomes. I agree with the idea that it's some extension of Gorechosen gameplay with characters from all alliances (kinda like a mashup of Gorechosen and Silver Tower, so they can sell a deck of cards that include [virtually] all of the currently-existing hero characters).

Well in DOTA - the gist at least from what I remember - is that the combatants fight an infinite number of the same battles across the multiverse, and that they go to the underworld and work their way back to the mortal realm for every respawn, the maze they pass through feeling ever more complex as they die over and over. 

The reason I bring this up is because the branding is off from Age of Sigmar. It's Warhammer: Underworlds, not AoS: Underworlds, or just AoS. Maybe the subtitle of Underworld and more comic artwork is to slightly separate it from the mainline Age of Sigmar line

Perhaps it retains a loose relation to the lore, but is a reshaping of it for this game, like BloodBowl was of fantasy. In WH:U's version of the Mortal Realms, Nagash and his undead cronies wile away their time in Shyish by resurrecting prized warriors to fight for their entertainment in a coliseum, for all eternity.

This means they can resurrect old heroes, create new heroes, and also let you use your existing AoS heroes (if this game is the same scale) thus catering for three fanbases: those with a love of the old lore, new to AoS players, and brand new players only new to WH:U. 

Also, if it is a vaguely moba like/arena battler but with heroes, it would make sense that there are both heroes and minions - that's your snap to fit ST acolytes, khorne bloodguys, SC liberators. I can see them creating a line of grunts for each faction that are basic snap to fit, and a hero, that you can get in one box for £20 like a Bloodbowl team. They'll release them as "expansions" and there will be a book for each Season that has the rules for all the races and the games they will participate in. 

Just my ten cents.

19 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Well in DOTA - the gist at least from what I remember - is that the combatants fight an infinite number of the same battles across the multiverse, and that they go to the underworld and work their way back to the mortal realm for every respawn, the maze they pass through feeling ever more complex as they die over and over. 

The reason I bring this up is because the branding is off from Age of Sigmar. It's Warhammer: Underworlds, not AoS: Underworlds, or just AoS. Maybe the subtitle of Underworld and more comic artwork is to slightly separate it from the mainline Age of Sigmar line

Perhaps it retains a loose relation to the lore, but is a reshaping of it for this game, like BloodBowl was of fantasy. In WH:U's version of the Mortal Realms, Nagash and his undead cronies wile away their time in Shyish by resurrecting prized warriors to fight for their entertainment in a coliseum, for all eternity.

This means they can resurrect old heroes, create new heroes, and also let you use your existing AoS heroes (if this game is the same scale) thus catering for three fanbases: those with a love of the old lore, new to AoS players, and brand new players only new to WH:U. 

Also, if it is a vaguely moba like/arena battler but with heroes, it would make sense that there are both heroes and minions - that's your snap to fit ST acolytes, khorne bloodguys, SC liberators. I can see them creating a line of grunts for each faction that are basic snap to fit, and a hero, that you can get in one box for £20 like a Bloodbowl team. They'll release them as "expansions" and there will be a book for each Season that has the rules for all the races and the games they will participate in. 

Just my ten cents.

you got a point, and i would agree 100% if it wasnt for warhammer quest. It also does not have age of sigmar on it, and is, up to now, 100% aos related.

well, gues i was right(ish), lol.

"“The game is set in the Shadespire – an ancient and damned city, cursed by the Lord of Undeath to eternally sit in limbo between the realms of Light and Shadow –  a haunted metropolis of mirrors, unquiet spirits and ever-shifting chambers.” 

unnamed.png

On 22/03/2017 at 6:21 AM, Thain said:

I strongly suspect this will be more of a variation of Gorechosen's gameplay extended to more (all?) factions than a Mordheim-a-like.

Called it.

1 hour ago, Wraith01 said:

Yeah, I'm not sold on the game yet... 

Really need to see it played. I wonder if they'll post a video of this soon. 

I just want to know more about the ability to use models from factions other than Stormcast and Khorne. My daughters are both kinda interested in Warhammer, but I don't think either of them have the attention span for the "full" game.

If I could buy my eldest daughter a box of the Sylvaneth she likes the best and play her using a few of my Orcs... It'd be perfect.

I don't think they will make rules to the models in AoS. They probablly will sell mini boxes, expansions sets, with miniatures of units we already have and new miniatures, that will come with cards.

So its not just make rules to port units from AoS, they need cards and decks. Probably people will sell on ebay the cards for a fraction of the cost If you are not interested in the miniatures and just want the deck to play with your own miniatures.

Archived