Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

12 minutes ago, Jalvik said:

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS RELEASE!!

Each time I see some pictures the more I fall in love with these miniatures! I cannot wait to see the capacity for the airships..... this could be a big DEAL in games.... transporting troops and dropping ordanance... they look powerful! I can't wait to see the lists, I can't wait to build a themed army! Every unit must have transport! This will be an enjoyable army! 

You speak with the voice of my soul good sir.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick thought when looking at these models again. Do you think they will be able to come onto any board edge you like (given wargear/rules). I say this looking at the Aetheric Navigator. I mean the name is pretty much a dead giveaway. He also has what looks like an Astral Compass.

GAMA-KO-AethericNavigator-Content.jpg

2 hours ago, Dez said:

Quick thought when looking at these models again. Do you think they will be able to come onto any board edge you like (given wargear/rules). I say this looking at the Aetheric Navigator. I mean the name is pretty much a dead giveaway. He also has what looks like an Astral Compass.

GAMA-KO-AethericNavigator-Content.jpg

It does look like it doesn't it?

Somebody earlier in the thread was suggesting that each of the characters may influence the airships, which both sounds flavoursome (i.e. an Ironclad with an Endrinmaster on board being different to one with an Aether Khemyst sounds like a fun game mechanic) as well as being potentially powerful in game - we have seen a little detail which shows that one of the sky ports makes their sky ships faster and more durable - combining this with lots of hero based buffs could make your air ships absolutely devastating.

Something to chew on when considering the position that these new stunties do or do not look like they are getting close to a 40K vibe -

My gf got a newsfeed about the new GW releases and saw the model shown in this post.  She got excited because (being brand spanking new to this hobby)  "the new dwarves are getting an adorable robot!"

I had to break it to her that the model is not only not a robot for the Duardin Sky Captains, but that it is actually from the World of Tomorrow, not our Age.

99120101142_CustodianContemptor01.jpg

Whell. The visual aesthetic of 40k its totally medieval in the Space Marines style, or archaic, so its easy to a nooby to confuse thinks like Dreadnoughts or Contemptor with "fantasy" robots. Thats why people cry with the Tau.

@Dez I know what you want.

b55acc979e256183239aba11d5c7bd73.jpg

22 hours ago, Shorewood said:

But back onto what this thread should be about.  Squeeing like a little girl over the new dwarves...... I mean nodding in approval in a deep manly fashion.... yes thats what we should be doing....

Twirling our metal beards in glee* 

Super Hyped for this release. Busily trying to finish my Khorne Before April!

I'm more excited about the fluff! Hopefully a great legends book with this release!

I'm very narratively minded. I will wait to read about the different factions then pick the colour scheme for them. Then I will try and use that battalion for that faction so my force plays like the fluff.

At any rate, I'm excited any the future! We've read in the fluff about Orruk sky force and now a Dark Aelf sky captain fluff in Hammerhall... I'm Pumped to the max!

It looks like an Aethyric Navigator to me from the silhouette. People on FB say there is already one in the photo so it can't be, but there are also two Arkanaut Frigates too.

Worth noting that the two smaller ship designs there have different prow weaponry equiped to those shown in the original reveal.

Archived