Khorne and summon

elhion

A friend of mine @Painted by G is running this sort of list.  He's all Khorne mortals with a summoning pool of Khorne daemons.  I think they need the summoning to combat the lack of ranged troops (summoning allows them to get into the enemy's face quicker).  I'm not sure you can explain it fluff-wise as Khorne really don't like that sort of thing.

Maybe the summoner is non-Khorne but has taken refuge among their ranks.  In exchange for their support/protection he's using his power to bolster their ranks.  A mutually beneficial arrangement. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this recently too.  Not having summoning if you opponent has a lot of ranged weapons or has summoning/resurrection can unbalance things a little bit depending on what the objectives are.

My initial thought was a Beastman Bray-shaman or one of the named Beastmen Wizards, however I remembered that I picked up the store only Forge World Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith when I was up at Nottingham in February who doesn't look massively out of character alongside the Bloodbound and certainly more in keeping than a Tzeentch Sorcerer :)

I've also heard where people have house ruled that Bloodbound Priests can summon or given the General it as a command ability - but limited to Khorne Daemons and doesn't grant unbinding.  Both make sense and wouldn't hugely overpower the Chaos side.

I'm planning on an uneasy alliance between my mortal Khorne force and a small tribe of Beastmen for this reason - not 100% sure how it'll work out fluff wise, but I've always loved the Beastmen models so rule of cool has swayed it for me, the rest can get worked out later :D

Archived