Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

If you're playing "friendly games" then sure, wait for whatever you'd like. If you're prepared for the likely eventuality and the expectation of need to change in your forces. Tzeentch sends his blessings.

While you may be waiting for the "ruling" you've made another interesting tactical decision that locks you out of blood tithe functionality.

You haven't allowed yourself any reinforcement points. Which means that you can't leverage "Blood Pact".

(As an aside: it would be advantageous to define who is in which warscroll batallion.)

I don't think it will go that way personally as if you check in the ruling forum many people are on the same wave length. If you don't take Khul then its not issue.

The ruling on Khul I reckon is only there to stop you taking MLoK as the leader thus gaining all the perks of Goretide and running Khul who has those perks built in either as additional unit in Goretide or outside Goretide. Thus preventing you rampaging around with 2 Mighty Lords with 8" pile in smashing stuff with his lolaxe. And also on a basic level, forces you to have Khul at the head of the Goretide if you take him in your army. 

Also remember that if you always have to take Khul then Goretide loses one of it's two abilities permanently as it's on his warscroll. Would be a bit of a strange move.

Of course I could be wrong because who knows what GW intends with such loose wording but that's how I am judging it at the moment.

I don't understand the rest of your post though. This is certainly a Khorne army and I don't need to take any reinforcement points if I don't want to.

I think its quite clear who's in what batallion if you know the BoK book :) . But essentially SlaughterPriests, Bloodsecrator, Reavers, and one unit of 5 warriors are in Pilgrims. Everything else is Goretide. Making it a 2 drop if need be.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jaehaerys said:

MLoK

Bloodsecrator

Slaughterpriest

Slaughterpriest

Exalted Deathbringer

Valkia

10x Blood Warrior

10x Blood Warrior

5x Blood Warrior

5x Blood Warrior

10x Blood Reaver

5x Skull Reaper

5x Skull Reaper

5x Wrathmonger

Slaughterborn

Goretide

Gore Pilgrims

1990 Points

Looks quite cool to me, as before I think GW's intention is to have Khul be the prime leader for The Goretide and as such his Description alters the Battalion. I know it has upset some people (me included) but from the narrative standpoint it makes 100% sence.

That aside! As you said, this does not apply for you locally!

The list looks good to me, I do however think that in this case a second Bloodsecrator is slightly better as Valkia. Fully knowing that the Bloodsecrator is extended in this set up the downside of Gore Pilgrims is that this also means that one of the Slaughterpriest is forced to be on the backside aswell, meaning it's much less likely that he'll be capable to do his wonderful Blood Boils (which is what I like the most with him if ran in Gore Pilgrims).

Other than the Valkia/2nd Bloodsecrator the list looks really solid. The cool thing here is that based on wording one of your 5 man Blood Warriors still has acces to the Goreglaive (as they go per 10 but not per 10 per unit ;) ). This means the list looks fine in my opinion. 

Go for it and let us know how much you liked it!

It's time to party! It's an option again!

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ENG_Korghos-Khul.pdf

Khul only required to be part of the Goretide if you actually play the Goretide and Khul. So not just the Goretide anymore!
Very happy with this because it means my old army plan is still valid.

Then the Bloodsecrator is also still the same so it still stacks, though it does lack the Bloodbound Keyword.

Now the downside is that I have little to no reason to play him in Matched Play but hey, the game is more as Matched Play and we can ignore him for The Goretide if we want to. This truely is good.

Back to business, issue resolved. I'll update my other topic in regards to this.

3 hours ago, Killax said:

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ENG_Korghos-Khul.pdf

Khul only required to be part of the Goretide if you actually play the Goretide and Khul. So not just the Goretide anymore!

Then the Bloodsecrator is also still the same so it still stacks, though it does lack the Bloodbound Keyword.

I was never in doubt ;)

On 23-6-2017 at 11:27 PM, Jaehaerys said:

I was never in doubt ;)

Im just really happy we wont see anything being enforced onto the game. With GH 2017 in our vision I also am looking forward to the prospect of Battleline. I do understand the rule and it's purpose and how it's somewhat like WFB's Core units but I typically think that the design of units in AoS is strong in most ways. With the good old example of 300 points worth of Bloodletters not ****** being better or worse as 280 points of Skullreapers. 

In addition Im also still waiting for the Khorne Lord on Dragon Warscroll! :D By large because that typical beast is the type of thing I wouldn't mind any Matched play point cost for because I think it's frankly impossible to slug around such a model. 

Still a display piece like it would be so awesome to behold! A Titan in AoS.

.Does anyone knows how we can use the Khorne Banners from the BoK book?

The updated Bloodsecrator warscroll does not have the Bloodbound keyword, and I am not really sure if there is any other Khorne Bloodbound Totem Hero available..

11 minutes ago, elhion said:

The updated Bloodsecrator warscroll does not have the Bloodbound keyword, and I am not really sure if there is any other Khorne Bloodbound Totem Hero available..

Currently technically it's impossible,.

which is why I believe the re-released bloodsecrator was a mistake as they released the old warscroll rather than the new one .

My advice, use the one from the book, if they never address it then that's a different debate, we're unlikely to see any faq until next month with new ghb

14 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Currently technically it's impossible,.

which is why I believe the re-released bloodsecrator was a mistake as they released the old warscroll rather than the new one .

My advice, use the one from the book, if they never address it then that's a different debate, we're unlikely to see any faq until next month with new ghb

Seconded :)

53 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Is there any reason why a skull cannon can't have its own ammo stock of blood reavers to munch on for extra shots and a tithe point?

apart from winding up your opponent?

Well you can only make a melee attack if your within 3" of an enemy model right?

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

Oops. I was sure I had read you could attack your own models, but that will teach me not to check first before posting to the world ?

Well there is nothing stopping you from doing that IF there are enemy models within 3" of the model that makes the attack. 

There is even a bit of narrative of this in the Bloodbound book (old one) so honestly there is nothing from claiming a skull in the thick of battle of your fellow if you feel that's what Khorne asked from you ;) 

The only oddity is that the opponent will have to make the armour save for that lad. Though I can fully imagne that you would use a last Bloodreaver for something like this. 

On 23/06/2017 at 6:55 PM, Killax said:

Where is this from?

Doesn't look like a GW server address

On 6/26/2017 at 0:50 PM, elhion said:

The scroll in the app has the bloodbound keyword and uses the new wording so the scroll from the new pack was a mistake

Hey guys, getting back into my Khorne now the new book is out and hoping to take them to a 1,200pt event in a couple of weeks.

Was wondering on your opinions for this list, not sure whether there's enough bodies on the table. My other option is drop one unit of Reavers, Skullcrushers and Skullreapers and add a Bloodstoker and a block of 30 x Bloodletters.

My worry is using Gore Pilgrims at such a low points level but was interested in seeing how it plays on the table.

Heroes
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Khorne Bloodbound Battleline

Units
5 x Skullreapers (140)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 1180/1200

Cheers and willing to hear all feedback,

Chalmers

On 26/06/2017 at 6:50 PM, elhion said:

it's unbelieable how GW can ****** some things like that every f**** time

2 hours ago, ledha said:

it's unbelieable how GW can ****** some things like that every f**** time

No man I love it! It's completely Chaotic.

Great for fearmongering and in general strikes doubt in the hearts of the uninitiated.

Never forget, it's all fun and games. 

The-Comedian-in-the-Watchmen-comic.jpg 

Stupid question but, on battalion warscrolls, when it says "at the start of battle" - does that mean at the start of turn 1 or at the start of the new hero phase?

Specifically I'm asking about bonuses for battalion warscrolls like Murderhost - when you take the maximum # of units you get the extra movement every hero turn instead of just at the start of the game - does this mean if any of the units fall at any point in the game, do I lose that extra movement per hero phase?

4 hours ago, phizzco said:

Stupid question but, on battalion warscrolls, when it says "at the start of battle" - does that mean at the start of turn 1 or at the start of the new hero phase?

Specifically I'm asking about bonuses for battalion warscrolls like Murderhost - when you take the maximum # of units you get the extra movement every hero turn instead of just at the start of the game - does this mean if any of the units fall at any point in the game, do I lose that extra movement per hero phase?

No it means at the start of battle. So the whole game your going to play. Before turn 1, before the first hero phase.

Murderhost gives you a regular 2d6" push, if your maxed you repeat this proces in each Hero phase. There are two catches:
1. Your Bloodletter Hero has to be alive.
2. It only affects units within 8" of your Bloodletter Hero.

The moment you start moving as usual it's very likely a unit that rolled high on their 2d6" isn't in reach of the Bloodletter Hero anymore in turn 2. Now this isn't a downside or anything but something to be aware of.

What is cool is that the Hero phase movement totally forgoes any other regular stuff that would occur in the Movement phase. You can "fall back" with this push etc.

The real question is if your mentally strong enough to handle 90+ Bloodletters ;) 

Archived