AoS Wishlist for 2017

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides the incoming shadow elves (if the actually do), Slaanesh and light elves background story would be nice (basically, exploring the other realms and different Gods instead of SigmarVsChaos ad nauseam).

Another thing I think would be very beneficial for a lot of us would be releasing Battletomes of old factions much like the Seraphon or the Pestilens. I don't think it requires much work and could be a quick way to upgrade all the compendium stuff if GW has no intention of revise the miniature range. Would add fluff and narrative (always nice) and more playing options with a bunch of formations.

I agree it would be nice if they came out with a 4th Grand Alliance.

Would love some expansion on destruction/Ironjawz as well.

Also, GHB 2.0 could benefit with some anti-shooting rules.

I simply do not want to play shooting heavy gunline armies on the regular. 40K is already like 75% shooting, I don't want another game like that.

I think it would take too long to release models/warscrolls for each faction to give everyone anti-shooting rules. Makes more sense to put a general rule into the GHB2.0 for matched play along the lines of "A unit that has enemies within 3" has -1 to hit while shooting." That way a shooting player is actually rewarded for playing correctly, instead of the point-and-click we see now. LoS rules are already so relaxed, heroes in this game are just target practice for shooting heavy armies.

I think that the rule that a unit can`t shoot while in meele  makes a big impact (If they make it!). That way you regard the use of flanking, fast cavalry, etc... and shooting units need a more clever deployment to be more protected.

To me, the double turn kinda offsets the power of the gun line. Also, with Destruction units being able to charge turn one and Stormcasts dropping from the sky, it may not be wise to invest in gunlines. 

Is shooting good? Absolutely. But I think most units are well-priced (Kurnoth and Savage arrow boyz being the exceptions) and you have to pay a premium for something that can do a lot of damage early game but usually fold later on by being poor in combat. The new SCE Raptors represent this perfectly. They can dish out a lot of damage, even while in combat, but you just stare at them and they die. To me, it's all about balance and being able to move and capture objectives.

Orcs_n_Goblins_Airship.jpg

The Overlords have returned to the Mortal Realms. But once a passage is opened, you never know who else can find their way through. 

The picture above was one of the earliest depictions of the Night Goblins / Moonclan Grots at the very dawn of Warhammer. I think that GW should rekindle some of that spark of Munchausen-meets-Melniboné madness and reinvent the Moonclan Grots not as a race of cave-dwelling Gollums, but as moon-dwelling, night-flying sky pirates. 

Night Goblins (and greenskins generally) have long been associated with their Bad Moon iconography; Morrslieb and Mannslieb (the moons of the World That Was) played a big part in early Warhammer plots; Dwarves and Goblins are traditional rivals; and, daggnabbit, they are Goblins! They are literally Little Green Men! 

3 hours ago, Bradifer said:

Also, GHB 2.0 could benefit with some anti-shooting rules.

Re-write the "Four Pages of Rules" so that a unit can no longer shoot when it is engage in mêlée. This isn't exactly a complicated rule to remember, even the youngest child at my D&D Adventurers League Kids Group can quickly grasp why their Elf Ranger cannot fire a bow when an Owlbear is trying to rip their face off. I'm sure most AOS players wouldn't have any problem learning this "new" rule.

(And it would seriously help out Destruction and Death.)

17 minutes ago, Thain said:

Re-write the "Four Pages of Rules" so that a unit can no longer shoot when it is engage in mêlée. 

(And it would seriously help out Destruction and Death.)

That seems a bit too strong though. Obviously testing would take place first, and some warscrolls could be altered to still allow units to shoot while in combat, but a flat-out 'you cannot shoot once engaged in melee', could be devastating to some ranged units.

I think those armies (gunline-ish) don't get free auto wins, especially not in objective gameplay, but some innate weaknesses or more direct counterplay could help.

Time will tell, and GHB 2.0 point rebalance should shake the meta a bit, but we'll see from there, otherwise I don't see a meta-reason for gunlines to stop being as dominant.

3 hours ago, Thain said:

Orcs_n_Goblins_Airship.jpg

The Overlords have returned to the Mortal Realms. But once a passage is opened, you never know who else can find their way through. 

The picture above was one of the earliest depictions of the Night Goblins / Moonclan Grots at the very dawn of Warhammer. I think that GW should rekindle some of that spark of Munchausen-meets-Melniboné madness and reinvent the Moonclan Grots not as a race of cave-dwelling Gollums, but as moon-dwelling, night-flying sky pirates. 

Night Goblins (and greenskins generally) have long been associated with their Bad Moon iconography; Morrslieb and Mannslieb (the moons of the World That Was) played a big part in early Warhammer plots; Dwarves and Goblins are traditional rivals; and, daggnabbit, they are Goblins! They are literally Little Green Men! 

I stated it several times that when the very first rumors were spoken about Orc Brutes and "Black Orc" heavy calvary (aka Gruntas and Ironjawz) being spotted,  there was also mention of some kind of flyer that dropped Grots....

This was obviously awhile ago and nothing may come of it but I definitely recall that.

Fighting gobbos from the sky,
fearsome grots who jump and die.
Men who meet them run away, from Gorkamorka's judgement day.

Da Bad Moon upon their shield,  
deez grots aren't easily killed.
One-hundred stunties bar the way, 
But only three, survive judgment day.

Come to raid the sky and land 
Come tonight, the Moonclan,
Grots who prey by night and day,
for Gorkamorka's judgment day.

Da Bad Moon upon their shield,  
deez grots aren't easily killed.
One-hundred stunties bar the way, 
But only three, survive judgment day.

Do you mean 5th?

Heh it was a knock against Death.
Based on my experiences in stores and hearing media outlets (podcasts, YouTube, blogs) There are a lot of Death players waddling back and forth between the same lists for 2 years now.
No model releases and one underwhelming rules release (FEC).

Getting a bit bored waiting and waiting on something. Negative mood makes me want to take a break and just play Mass Effect and OverWatch for a few months [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Archived