Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

11 minutes ago, Nico said:

Also expect to see a counterwave of Prayermobiles and Seraphon in response to Chaos ceasing to be Skaven, Sayl, Bloodbound plus the rest.

I've seen double War Altar against Nurgle Daemons and it wasn't a close fight. Those things are amazing against Daemons. 

this irritated me so much when i saw it, its so unfair to just give some order units boosts against chaos, not even small boosts, but game changing boosts simply as they're daemons. 

i was ready to drop a substantial amount onto seraphon when they got their army book, but when i noticed they are pretty much useless against anything other than daemons of chaos i stopped looking 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this. The special rule for the Tzaangor Shaman, allows him to cast the same spell twice in the same hero phase. Guessing this circumvents the Rule of 1.

2016-12-21_15-36-29.jpg

It won't,  it'll allow it in narrative and open 

this irritated me so much when i saw it, its so unfair to just give some order units boosts against chaos, not even small boosts, but game changing boosts simply as they're daemons. 

On the other hand, Chaos have got the Chaos Talisman (on wounds not mortal wounds) and the rent-a-hurricanum Dark Avenger Trait! Both immense! 

Some of the Legion artillery has buffs against Order and Destruction I recall.

A consensus on this issue should be reached soon: 

*From memory, there's nothing that indicates that rolling a 1 on a Battleshock test is a "pass" such that no models flee (in general). I also think that this wouldn't be a good thing for the game (as it adds an unnecessary component of luck into the game and would also buff Savage Orruks and Destruction in general quite a lot). 

The Icon rule is also silent on the point and could be interpreted either way.

This then leads into the complicated question of what happens if D6 models come back but 8 models flee. I hadn't thought about it much at the time, but having commented on the Quicksilver Potion thread a few hours ago, it seems that these are also probably simultaneous abilities/effects, so the person whose turn it is would decide the order in which they happen. As it was my turn I would choose for the 8 models to flee and that would be that, the unit is gone, so the banner doesn't get a chance to kick in.

If it was Rob's turn and let's say hypothetically 5 would flee but D6 came up as 6 coming back, then he would add 6 before taking away 5, so the unit would survive and gain a model on net. Alternatively you could just net off the two effects and see if that comes to zero models remaining (as a house rule or agreement between the players). It does seem doubtful that you could reduce the unit from 2 models to zero (Battleshock); and then add back 6 models from a non-existent unit from the D6. Seems like an area for agree with opponent/dice off if you cannot agree etc.. I'm not aware of an FAQ on it. Thoughts anyone?    

From my game 4 against @Leonardas at Blood & Glory:

Thoughts on this one? Net off as the least hassle approach?

Yeah. I'd always assumed it counted as a "pass",

I've never met anyone who plays it as a zero loss "pass" in a normal (non-Daemon) context. Often people don't even roll when they know the unit will pop (and that's how it should be - this could randomly ruin some of the hard counters to Deathstars - killing a lot of them before they whip out the Battleshock immunity). 

Whilst the rule of one could potentially overrule the Tzaangor's ability to cast the same spell twice, one thing I find interesting is you can easily take a daemon spellcaster and a mortal/arcanite spellcaster,  using different lores, and therefore potentially cast two powerful and/or similar spells. Which personally I think is good, Tzeentch should, at least in my mind, be the spellcaster force, challenged only by slaan.

In other news, hnnnnnnggggggg excited.

I've obviously not been paying attention, as this came as somewhat of a surprise, but ... it really does look interesting, and some of the rules are super-fluffy. :) (although the lack of mention of Chaos Warriors simultaneously displeases [because I love Chaos Warriors] and pleases me [because I bought a bunch of Chaos Warriors&Knights a couple of months ago] ... xD).  

Speaking as someone who was a little undecided on the Tzaangor and Kairic Acolyte models in Silver Tower, the additional Tzaangor kits do look rather nice ... :)

Was there any word on an expected release time-frame?  EDIT: According to Warhammer Community, January

I could see this army using Zulu tactics - the Horns are disk riders with fast moving shaman support, the Chest pins the enemy with armored warriors and monsters, and the Loins behind them are the reserves, consisting of swift LOCs and Horrors than move in to completely surround the enemy. Presto Changeo Neato!

With these archers, are we looking at a potential turn 1 hero killing unit? Depending on how you roll your fate dice, if you roll 3 sixes you can do 3d3 mortal wounds with just that unit. Add a spell or two to that and you can wipe a opponents key hero/general  before they even get a turn 

12 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

With these archers, are we looking at a potential turn 1 hero killing unit? Depending on how you roll your fate dice, if you roll 3 sixes you can do 3d3 mortal wounds with just that unit. Add a spell or two to that and you can wipe a opponents key hero/general  before they even get a turn 

Yep.  Downside is that these guys will not be cheap and they're panicking really easily so oddly enough you want to go first.  

Well, I suppose not that easily since it's 1 in 6 after losing one, but they will be a soft target.

The wounds on these scrolls makes me think we get the tzaangors of old with 2 wounds a pop.

24 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Yep.  Downside is that these guys will not be cheap and they're panicking really easily so oddly enough you want to go first.  

Well, I suppose not that easily since it's 1 in 6 after losing one, but they will be a soft target.

The wounds on these scrolls makes me think we get the tzaangors of old with 2 wounds a pop.

Well, with a large movement that they have there's good potential to move them onto scenery for the +1 save, and with the massive range of their bows still be a threat, you could deploy them centre move them onto a piece of scenery on the flank and kill a hero in the centre of the opponents deploy zone, 

They out range most shooting with 24" range so the opponent needs to move and shoot, with a range of 18" ? They need to move 6" means, typically only the front few will be shooting so that's not too higher threat unless they move twice (some destruction lists ) 

Most units will not be able to charge you unless you let them. 24" means you need to move 12" towards them to even initiate a charge, an if you fail they'll just move back so it's a 12" charge again.

Would you run around after that flying unit?

10 minutes ago, Tuluth said:

For those interested in the models themselves, they've now been posted on the Warhammer Community site.

I'm personally happy that the fantasy bits from the 40k Tzaangor set are being fully supported. Time to build my Silvertower miniatures.

Sounds like the Birdy acolyte is probably just a unit champion rather than a character.

Tzaangor can run & Charge with a musician, along with the disc riders, this army has some pretty damn fast units :)

19 minutes ago, Shadowheart said:

Sounds like the Birdy acolyte is probably just a unit champion rather than a character.

Tzaangor can run & Charge with a musician, along with the disc riders, this army has some pretty damn fast units :)

Yea that makes sense.  The vulture may be their version of a 1-in-5 weapon.

Archived