Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Firstly - who's giddy with excitement?

Secondly - how am I the first to think of creating this thread?

I'm sure you know the drill by now. This is a convenient place to discuss all things Disciples of Tzeentch - particularly tactics, rules and hobby. Change-oriented puns will be encouraged but not mandatory*. 

*Subject to arbitrary revision at a moment's notice.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some topics to discuss would include: 

• How existing Tzeentch forces will benefit from an Allegiance Pack and presumably a Lore of 6 spells (or 9 perhaps)?
  • Will there be a big role for summoning Daemons now that it will be possible to stick to the new allegiance and then summon whatever Daemons you like outside of that allegiance?
  • How will the Exalted Greater Daemons fit into the mix. At the very least, they will be summonable, but the EGD of Tzeentch could potentially fit within a DoT allegiance (if it's Tzeentch Allegiance).
  • Uses for the new spells. 
  • Uses for the Fatesworn Warband.
  • Uses for Archaon (probably focus on big Archaon with the future in mind), since he's a mortal and a daemon and Tzeentch. 
  • Will the inherent spells of any new Warscrolls add useful combos to other mixed Chaos armies. 
  • Where are the Skaven hiding? They must have a role in all this?
  • How cool would Tzeentch Bullgors look?

@Leonardas

Those tzaangors on disks are going to be key, I reckon. it probably will be a triple kit, the dudes with the pole arm looking things, there's an archer on a disk and I reckon a third kit probably shields an sword.

I guess you'll be able to play gorilla warfare with them due to it, high agile movement with places of access often restricted to others due to flying.

Those tzaangors on disks are going to be key, I reckon. it probably will be a triple kit, the dudes with the pole arm looking things, there's an archer on a disk and I reckon a third kit probably shields an sword.

It would be sweet if they add flexible options like the Dracoth Knights do! Probably a lot squishier than those, but would be nice if they dropped some major mortal wounds on impact (but then melted) or had some other role.

Anything that provided a further counter to pew pew would be welcome!

Early hopes/indications are that Arcanites will either be a subset of DoT (fingers crossed) alongside Tzeentch Slaves to Darkness, other random Mortal Tzeentch and Daemons of Tzeentch; or Arcanites will be the same as DoT (with the other Tzeentch factions potentially outside the DoT allegiance.

Another possibility is that the DoT Battletome includes 2 Allegiances - Tzeentch Mortals and Tzeentch Daemons with different Allegiance Packs respectively.

I'm really excited. I holded out on investing too much in non-Tzeentch armies because I hoped something like this was coming, and there's a lot I like about it. I mentioned this briefly in the other thread but I would love this book to adjust and fix daemons, too. My wishlist is:

• Pink horrors that feel like pink horrors - a capering horde, not a shooty unit that runs away unless it really has to.
  • Meaningful Tzeentch combat units that still retain the magic theme.
  • Fixes for the problems introduced with the GBH, including summoning costs for things like the Thaumaturge's spell and the rule of 1. Lots more magic, basically, properly incorporated into matched play.

2 minutes ago, Hooves of Doom said:

I love the Tzzangor infantry but a big monster would be great.

Perhaps a giant blue ostrich ;)

I'm holdin out for a hero and by hero I mean new Lord of Change kit. And a Tzeentch keyword for the Vortex Beast, suggested above, would be great too.

• Pink horrors that feel like pink horrors - a capering horde, not a shooty unit that runs away unless it really has to.

Yeah - some kind of trolling ability (e.g. makes enemy 6s on a charge roll become ones as a debuff aura debuff would be really flavourful) - not necessarily on the Horrors but somewhere.

I'm holdin out for a hero and by hero I mean new Lord of Change kit. 

A non-named hero on a monster with a 3+ save that can do some serious damage in an innovative manner would be perfect.

I'm really excited. I holded out on investing too much in non-Tzeentch armies because I hoped something like this was coming, and there's a lot I like about it.

Silver Tower box bought today. 

3 Daemon units are in my shopping trolley - depending on what we find out tomorrow. Magnus conversion to an EGD of Tzeentch is also likely. That will be my 3 major projects (Sylvaneth, Ironjawz plus Greenskinz and DoT for next few months).

A cheeky Fyreslayer allegiance pack or mega hero on a new monster wouldn't go amiss if we're wishlisting from the photographs. 

It would be amazing if the book included reworked Mortals of Tzeentch, Daemons of Tzeentch and Beasts of Tzeentch, all under the 'Disciples of Tzeentch' allegiance, with synergies between each element. From the preview pics, it looks more like a Sylvaneth type release though... a couple of new kits and a few older models rolled into the army.

They really need to clear up the 'arcanite' faction: the gaunt summoner on disc doesn't have the keyword but the one on foot does; the silver tower arcanites don't all have proper points values or functioning rules in matched play... maybe they'll drop it all together.

All chaos monsters should be made markable. The Mutalith fits nicely into the Tzeentch theme, though it sucks you have to spend points on the spawn it creates.

Lots of potential here... so many people want a Tzeentch army but their current rules are a mess.

It would be amazing if the book included reworked Mortals of Tzeentch, Daemons of Tzeentch and Beasts of Tzeentch, all under the 'Disciples of Tzeentch' allegiance, with synergies between each element. From the preview pics, it looks more like a Sylvaneth type release though... a couple of new kits and a few older models rolled into the army.

The Sylvaneth Battletome is phenomenal for creating such variety and subtle power from a relatively low number of Warscrolls. In some ways, it's the ideal model, as so much of the strength of the pure Sylvaneth army is tied up in the Allegiance Pack; and there are major trade offs from sacrificing that allegiance; and very limited ways (e.g. 1 Wizard or 1 Order Unit) of diluting the Allegiance while retaining the Allegiance Pack.

All chaos monsters should be made markable. 

I see where you're coming from because so many of them are an embarrassment (essentially historical in the PDFs), but Khorne would benefit so much from being able to double Bloodsecrator banner (etc.) all sorts of Chaos Monsters.

I am very interested. The Tzaangors are beautiful and something I totally want to try my painting hand at, and I feel a classic Tzeentch theme would make a nice painting contrast to my greenskins work. Painting a skink for a competition made it obvious having multiple projects to break up the same colours all the time is good!

I really hope anyway that they make daemons included. I feel like, whilst there are a few larger forces in AoS, too many suffer from little diversity if they want to keep to battleline. I would love if they got tzaangors, arcanites, and horrors as battleline.

I'll be most excited to gauge this as an indicator of how the other Chaos gods will be handled.  As we know, Nurgle (despite getting a lot of mention in the End Times and Realmgate Wars) needs some love in the points and allegiances department and barely a whisper has been heard of Slaanesh.  If the Disciples of Tzeentch contains mortals, daemons, and beasts along with some well though out artifacts and spells I think it may give us some insight into how Games Workshop will update the other gods.

so i had a thought, with the new battletome coming out, there is obviously going to be a lot of bonuses to tzeentch things, hopefully just that keyword rather than disciples of tzeentch  or anything like that.

this will allow use of slaves to darkness and the gigantic chaos spawn. and hopefully if they do mark the vortex beast ( theyre missing out on so much sales if they dont ) that grants us 2 monsters, without riders, to the Tzeentch army which are viable

Archived