Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nico said:

Well - if you think about it, then It does "cancel out" - as the first Dice has to be rerolled - it is meaningless and you basically get a 2+ save at the end (which is epic).

Sorry brain is blank currently  (stressful week )

So, I have to make 5 saves. I roll 1,3,2,4,6.

I have to reroll the 2,3,4,6. Hopefully getting 2+

And I have to reroll the 1.

Now, that's it? Or is there more. I presume I don't reroll those reroll which land on 1 as of no rerolling a reroll.

Correct!

The harder combo is Reroll ones to save with +2 to save and -1 rend. Then you would reroll 1s (reroll ones), 2s would be fails (no reroll) and 3-6 would be a successful save and thus a reroll.

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

That was the list? Isn't it missing another battline? Also why so many screamers and Flamers? How did the list do overall?

I am quite sure of the list but is i dont know anything about artifacts and traits.

This was a Fun™ game as there was no objective, just a simple brawl. The "why" of the construction of the list is subject to debate.

Things went ugly quickly for the Tzeench player as he got the first turn and he throw the LOC and Deamon Prince as far as possible and kept the rest backward. No surprise as he was destruction-charged quickly by a bunch of Squigs n' goblins and double turned after the first resistance of the LOC under the pressure of a Mangler and 40 goblins.

When i came back (i was at work) everybody was dead except for bunch of pink horrors and flamers fighting a dozen of gob with a couple of doomdivers trying to snipe the surviving Screamers.

I am afraid the LOC didn't show us the Big Magic   il_340x270.861668699_qco5.jpg

Don't know who won.

Ok sure but if that was on the twitch stream then how did they allow an illegal list? For 2k there needs to be 3 battleline. The list you posted had only 2. And no one in their right mind would take so many Flamers and Screamers lol

But then again as Tzeentch players we aren't in our right mind...or are we...

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

How have people built their Lord Of Change? I'm at the point where I need to decide how to build it and I can't choose! Kairos looks awesome, but the LoC seems better and also looks awesome, but then do I go with the sword or the wand (or neither)?

Magnets! (if possible)

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

How have people built their Lord Of Change? I'm at the point where I need to decide how to build it and I can't choose! Kairos looks awesome, but the LoC seems better and also looks awesome, but then do I go with the sword or the wand (or neither)?

I built him with two non-Kairos heads and mixed up the rest of the parts to my liking, so I can use him as either.

9 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Ok sure but if that was on the twitch stream then how did they allow an illegal list? For 2k there needs to be 3 battleline. The list you posted had only 2. And no one in their right mind would take so many Flamers and Screamers lol

burning chariots are battleline when playing pure tzeentch deamon, so he actually played 4 battlelines (as it is listed under battleline^^)

cheers

Would the manticore with the paradoxical shield be any good with the daggerfist?

6+ save is a mortal wound,  this turns it into a 4+, easily a 3+ with tzeentch spells.

Should be a fair amount of mortal wounds.

Or perhaps,  the Lord on Daemonic Mount with Daemonic spark and windtheif in a fatesworn warband. 

This gives him 8 attacks on 3+3+-1 3 damage 

And 6 attacks 4+3+-1 2dmg. 

If you cast the +1 attack on him before using the wind thief you're increasing his attacks by 2 for that phase you use it . So that's 10 attacks. Real good damage output there 

I'm looking at the Daggerfist combo - although it also costs you the 5+ Ward Save vs mortal wounds.

The 300 point price tag is steep though as the melee profile is embarrassingly poor. I'm converting my Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror into one (since the VLoAT is absurd at 300 points - it's not equal to a Lord of Change - brutal anti-Death nerf).

12 minutes ago, Nico said:

The +1 attack buff is to a specific weapon, not all weapons. 

Yes, but you buff it on a weapon then use the wind theif to attack twice, effectively giving you +2 attacks, combo with the increased damage you're doing alot more damage than normally. 150% more attacks, (4>10) and 50% more damage (1/2>2/3) as the increased damage is to all melee weapons. 

Great all round lord,  tanky. Great command ability if the army is built correctly. If you run him in the fatesworn he is more than able to punch above his weight

On 09/03/2017 at 9:58 PM, Malakithe said:

I don't think it was matched play

Edit:

Just watched the start again and they called it narrative as both players were quite new and just wanted to put their armys down and kill each other!

However, there is in fact three units of 10 horrors not two and only 6 screamers

I thought I would post this here - FAQ for the South London Legion's upcoming AoS tournament - London's Calling 2017 on 1-2 April. Many of the FAQs relate to DoT and stem from our discussions on this thread. Feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks all 

FAQs for London's Calling 2017
We're going to apply the following FAQs at London's Calling 2017. These FAQs supplement and add to the official GW FAQs (the December ones with the Magenta amendments on them); and the House Rules of the SCGT pack. Most of these are clarifications of specific rules, particularly new rules from the latest Battletomes, rather than changes to core mechanics which would have broader effects. They have been developed independently from the SCGT pack to address issues that are frequently discussed on TGA. The TOs at the SCGT may decide points differently. 

We would welcome any feedback on these FAQ answers (from attendees or otherwise). We may make further tweaks to these prior to the event.

Stormcast Eternals
Q: Can I use pointed Battalions in the General's Handbook (e.g. Warrior Brotherhood, Skyborne Slayers, Wardens of the Realmgate) even though they are not on the Stormcast Eternals Battletome?

A: Yes.

Q: Is the Baleful Realmgate included within the cost of the Wardens of the Realmgate?

A: Yes (please note that this was ruled the same way at The Warlords and Heat One).

Q: Do Aetherwings have the option of using Watchful Guardians to make a charge?

A: Yes. This rule allows for a move in the start of your opponent's charge phase. Interpreted purposively this can be a charge but doesn't need to be a charge (you can but need not end the move within 3" of an enemy model). For simplicity's sake, any buffs to charge moves (e.g. reroll charge rolls) will affect any move using Watchful Guardians. If your opponent has any ability that activates at the start of the charge phase (e.g. Fanatics), then the opponent can choose the order in which these "simultaneous" abilities take place, as it is necessarily the opponent's turn (see the Hints and Tips in each Battletome).

Sylvaneth
Q: How does the Tanglethorn Thicket ability of Kurnoth Hunters work?

A: Tanglethorn Thicket can be activated at the start of any charge phase and lasts until the end of that turn! This means that it never works during any shooting phase (as shooting phase precedes the charge phase). Furthermore, as it happens at the start of the charge phase - the Kurnoth Hunters can never charge after using Tanglethorn Thicket (as a charge is a type of move - see the FAQ for The Rules - the table of types of move in magenta text).

Moonclan Grots
Q: Does each unit of Fanatics need to be deployed as a "drop"? What is the effect of the FAQ answer on including several independent units of Fanatics within one unit of Moonclan Grots?

A: Yes - each unit has to be deployed as a drop.

Our understanding is that the purpose of the FAQ was to stop players deploying a unit of (say) 6 Fanatics within one host unit of Moonclan Grots and then releasing the Fanatic models
Individually as ones or twos - in order to reduce the number of drops on the army and gain an unfair advantage of flexibility (as small units being to block charges in the opponent's turn or as large units for offence in the Moonclan player's turn).

Hence, you can still deploy (say) a unit of 6 Fanatics and a unit of 2 Fanatics within one host unit of Moonclan Grots (which would be two drops - three if you include the host unit of Moonclan Grots) and choose to release one Fanatic unit but not the other at the start of any charge phase (or you could choose to release both).

Disciples of Tzeentch
Q: If a Warscroll is a Wizard and has Mortal and Daemon can I take a spell from both the Lore of Fate and the Lore of Change?

A: No - you can choose one spell total from either the Lore of Fate or the Lore of Change (not both).

Q: Is "Flamer"/"Flamers" a keyword both times that it appears in the text of The Exalted Conflagration (rather than a unit name, i.e. intended to refer to Flamers of Tzeentch - a unit name)? 

A: Yes. It is a keyword both times (despite not being in bold). 

Q: How do Changehost swaps work? 

A: You can swap different pairs of units, so a given unit can be in two or more different pairs of unit (provided that the exact pair is not swapped twice or more).

If you have sufficient units in the Battalion (9, 18 etc.) for multiple swaps in the hero phase, then each swap is an independent ability; and there is no requirement to do the swaps simultaneously or one after another. 

Q: How can I deploy The Changeling?

The wording as regards timing is ambiguous (it doesn't say "after set-up is complete" for example, which would be a defined point in the core rules).

We've interpreted this as requiring that the Changeling deploy as a "drop" as normal along with your other units (rather than deploying after set-up is complete).

The wording as regards location is also ambiguous.

We've interpreted this as allowing The Changeling to deploy in the enemy territory (rather than only in the deployment zone as specified by the Battleplan).

Please note that the first ruling is a nerf to The Changeling while the latter is a buff to The Changeling - the overall effect is broadly neutral. However, the opponent cannot simply bubble wrap the Changeling with chaff models during deployment as a trivial counter.

The first sentence of Arch-Deceiver is optional ("you can set up"), so you can still deploy the Changeling in your own deployment zone as specified by the Battleplan instead (and the rest of the Arch Deceiver rule applies as normal, i.e. enemy units will still treat it as part of their army.

Q: Are Mortal Wounds considered to be "damage" e.g. for the purposes of substituting a Destiny Dice for a "Damage roll" or for adding up the damage inflicted by a unit of Bloodletters attacking a Stonehorn in melee before halving?

Yes.

Q: Assuming that you have the available reinforcement points is it mandatory to use Split and Split Again? 

A: No. In general, the use of any rule that requires reinforcement points is at the discretion of the player (other examples include Neferata's Mortarch of Blood ability.

Q: In Matched play, how do I deal with "undersized" units (e.g. when creating 6 Blue Horrors from using Split from 3 Pink Horrors or when I summon 2 D6 Dryads)?

A: On the basis of "you get what you pay for" and to avoid excessive bookkeeping, when a new unit is created using such rules - you must decide how many reinforcement points you are subtracting from your pool. The points subtracted then determine the maximum size of the unit. You can top up the number of models to that maximum size even if the unit was summoned/set up initially below that size.

For example, a Branchwraith can summon a unit of 8 Dryads after the player decides to subtract 120 points from the pool of reinforcement points. A Gnarlroot Wizard can then top up the unit by D3 models using Verdurous Harmony. However, if the result is that 3 models are added, then only 2 can be added as the player has only paid for 10 models (not 20 or 30).

After 3 Pink Horrors die in the shooting phase, a player can subtract 50 points for a unit of 10 Blue Horrors, but only gets to deploy 6 models at the end of that phase. If 4 more Pink Horrors die in the Combat Phase, the player can top up the 6 Blues to 10 models (but not more) without paying reinforcement points (as normal); and optionally create another unit of 10 Blue Horrors (for a further 50 points), but only gets to deploy 4 models.

If 8 Blue Horrors die on the combat phase, then the player can choose to spend 40, 80 or 120 points for a unit of 10, 20 or 30 Brimstone Horrors, but only gets to deploy 8 models at the end of that phase (in all 3 cases). These can then be topped up subsequently to the maximum size paid for (i.e. 10, 20 or 30).

Q: Is a summoned Wizard a "Wizard in a Tzeentch Army" and hence entitled to choose a spell from the appropriate Lore?

A: Yes.

Do First of the Mortarchs, the Balewind Vortex and the Astrolith Bearer affect all ranges of spells?

Yes - they affect unit to unit ranges, all models/units within a range from a unit type ranges; and any other types of ranges within a spell.

Slaying heroes/monsters with special weapons

Q: How do weapons which have a special rule if they "kill" an enemy hero/monster work given that the opponent has the right to allocate damage from your unit when you attack with multiple weapons (e.g. Mortarch of Blood, Archaon's Triple Headed Monstrosity and Gordrakk's Strength from Victory).

A: To avoid the opponent rigging this or you having to roll attacks one at a time, if the weapon in question contributes any damage to the target hero/monster which then dies from the attacking unit's melee attacks (all in the same pile in and attack), then the buff triggers. For Gordrakk, you can pick which of Smasha or Kunnin' gets the buff (not both weapons from a single slain hero).

Chaos
Q: I have painted Slambo and want to include him in my army, what can I do?

A: We of the South London Legion believe that one can never have too much Slambo. Slambo is so awesome that any Chaos army would welcome him with open axes. Accordingly Slambo can be included in any Chaos army (for his points cost) and can assume any allegiance - i.e. be taken without affecting/breaking allegiance (however, he does not gain any keywords during the game as a result). For example Slambo can be taken in a Tzeentch Allegiance army or a Moulder Allegiance army.

Q: Can I wear a Slambo outfit?

Yes.

Tickets are still available #Calling.

Archived