Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

19 hours ago, Changer said:

I'm thinking of the blue and brimstone horrors as bubble wrap from alpha strikes tbh. Plus, they'll be handy for the Pink horrors to split into, or the for the ogroid to cast treacherous bond on.

Sounds great. I can't wait to have a game with them. One question; what is boon of Tzeentch? I can't seem to find that in the book.

Boon of Tzeentch is from the Blue Scribes.  It's a 4+ to cast spell that allows all your Tz Wiz in 18" to re-roll failed casting rolls.  It's pretty godlike for the cost.

You can read about my thought process behind the army here:
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2017/01/aos-diving-deep-into-tz-daemons.html

I also feature Kairos AND the Lord of Change in this list.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Taviscaron said:

Heavily overcosted if you ask me, but rerolls to wound and potential mortal wounds can do the trick - the list is designed to test several tricks for the new army.

The plan is to go against Chaos dwarves with couple warmachines and against Death army with Mournghoul and skeleton blobs.

Burning Chariots are better than the Flamers in every single way, it's actually quite sad.  You have more wounds per model and have much better firepower bleed when taking wounds.  You also move faster, roll their Warpflame test on per model basis, and have better synergy with Fold Reality.

1 hour ago, HERO said:

Boon of Tzeentch is from the Blue Scribes.  It's a 4+ to cast spell that allows all your Tz Wiz in 18" to re-roll failed casting rolls.  It's pretty godlike for the cost.

Awesome. Seems like a really solid list. You'll have to let us know how it does.

1 minute ago, Mirage8112 said:

Summoner with the disc has the proper keyword. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to include him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I misread.  The version in the Disciples book walks. 

Technically the version with the disc isn't anywhere to be found atm. They (either accidentally or purposefully) overwrote it in every place with the updated foot version. 
But if you have the disc warscroll still, you can still use it.

It's still on the app as far as I can see. I just dl'ed the scroll an hour ago.

It's still on the app as far as I can see. I just dl'ed the scroll an hour ago.

Oh I see what you mean. His model is on the disk but apparently can't fly. Odd. That's got to be an error, that model is practically brand new.

11 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

First day release FAQ incoming :P

Speaking of which, how soon do they typically do FAQs for new releases?  I've been out of it for a while so I'm not sure..

I feel like the Destiny Dice vs. Mortal Wounds issue should be FAQ'd sooner than later for sure, especially since the designers play it as this way on stream.  It's just really confusing for the community..

6 minutes ago, HERO said:

Speaking of which, how soon do they typically do FAQs for new releases?  I've been out of it for a while so I'm not sure..

I feel like the Destiny Dice vs. Mortal Wounds issue should be FAQ'd sooner than later for sure, especially since the designers play it as this way on stream.  It's just really confusing for the community..

Well I mean they did FAQ Blood Bowl: Death Zone on release.

37 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

I'm not sure I'm following you. 9 Daemons, 0 Arcanites and 0 Mortals is a combination of the aforementioned.

Rereading it it's fine, just the layout was a bit different for the daemon section so I missed something. Earlier it does say you get +1 per battalion, and the last paragraph is just clarifying that if your army is mixed the daemonic gifts count as artefacts like the other items in the book when you're counting how many you can have.

Deleted my earlier post to not confuse others with my own confusion.

12 hours ago, HERO said:

So, I've been considering a similar list but in getting there I found a cheeky combo that most people haven't found yet.

The Fatemaster's Command ability rolls a dice, sets a number, and then "Until your next hero phase, any time you make a dice roll for this model or a TZEENTCH MORTAL unit within 9", and the result matches that on the piece you rolled in the hero phase, you can choose to re-roll it."

Follow me for a minute.  Gaunt Summoners are cheap heroes that have both the Tzeentch Mortal and Daemon keywords.  This gives them access to all the spells while also giving them these rerolls.  This means that after a Tzeentch Firestorm has been cast by a Gaunt Summoner, you could reroll any of the 9 dice that match the command ability number. Or any of the damage dice that match your Fatemaster's roll.  

Now, baby Archaon can be included in a Tzeentch allegiance force, and he could turn on multiple Fatemaster command abilities.  You could easily include him, a couple fatemasters, and Gaunt Summoners for your casting to dip in both daemon and mortal spells. I haven't tried to refine any of these lists yet, but I think there is potential here.  Having only one number to reroll would be limited, but multiples potentially changes the game, especially if you roll a 1 for your rerolls, since their ability effects ALL dice rolls for those units/models.

Disklord is sweet - although still quite pricey!

My first impressions are very good!

Scintillating Simulacra spell looks to be genius. Amazing Hard counter spell to Deathstars!

Daemon Big Battalions seem to need lots of LoCs (2+).

Looks like Pink Horrors can get a Lore Spell.

The race is on to see the first Omniscient Oracles! Back to bed. #FocusOnTheTaskAtHand #HeatOne

Archaon (big as well as small) - look interesting now.

Permanently increase attacks characteristic by one (capped at once per game) of Slayer of K. Yes please!

Shield of Fate - yes please.

Treacherous Bond - yes please. LoC cannot cast Treacherous Bond - but Kairos can if someone nearby knows it. Clever!

I'm assuming that a Mortal, Daemon Wizard can get one spell from either Lore - not one from both. So Archaons and Gaunt Summoners in particular.

7 hours ago, Goodwin said:

As a Goat enthusiasti, I'm looking at jumping into DoT mainly for the hooves.

Is sticking with Tzaangor looking like a decently strengthed possibility, or should I shut up and stick with the Brayherd?

Tzaangor look incredible to be honest - I think Brayherd is quite weak. That said you probably need to mix in some Horrors, an Ogroid, a Lord of Change and or a Gaunt summoner. If that floats your boat, you'll be in good stead !

Archived