The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update, I've been a bit lazy the last couple days but the Keeper is just about finished now, barring a couple of highlights. I've sprayed the first 7 Daemonettes and the Herald and just began painting those. I've done a Drakenhoff Nightshade wash of the seeker and keeper bases and it looks pretty cool. Gonna add a spot of green wash to each base and I think they should look pretty interesting.

Pics to come soon :D Keep painting everyone!

Keeper of Secrets and 5 Seekers finished with bases (just need to go around the Seeker bases in black). I'm quite happy with the effect on the bases; it's suitably otherwordly I think and suggests Chaos without leaning too strongly towards any particular god (although Tzeentch would probably love them).

Herald is finished too so I'll get some pics up next time. I've started the first 7 Daemonettes and finally glued the remaining 3 from the first unit. Luckily I remembered I still needed to convert up a banner and musician so I've made a Slaaneshi icon from my bits box and glued a hand holding a horn onto one base in the same style as on the Seeker musician.

I think I'm going through a phase of bright colours and no metallics, this may change for the 10 Warriors. I think I'm going to get a new can of black spray and paint those in a more muted scheme, right now it's a toss-up between copper or bone coloured armour.

Keeper01.jpg

Keeper02.jpg

Keeper03.jpg

SeekersDone01.jpg

SeekersDone02.jpg

No pics for me yet, but I am making progress.  I've got 35 skeleton legs and torso's glued to their bases, with another five on the way (leaving ten to do for regular skeletons).  My intention is to get everything assembled and then crack into the painting all at the same time.  I'm not actually doing this lot at home, so not had quite as much time working on it than I otherwise might have :)

On 30/12/2016 at 1:24 PM, swiftmus said:

I'll have a look into gorilla glue if anything decides to fall apart, I have heard good things about it before.

Hunt out gorilla gel super glue, it's thicker and fills any gaps at the same time.  Have used it a lot on Forge World models and not had any issues.

Love that Slaanesh stuff, how did you get those bases to be so amazing?

I have managed to get up to 4/10 Warriors done so far, waiting on some paints for the Lord of Plagues... got a bit happy with the Nurgle Rot, and the next thing they'll need to finish them is some Oxide for their brass weapons.

nurgy3.jpg

nurgy2.jpg

nurgy1.jpg

4 hours ago, Craptrain said:

I can finally show some progress!  Here are three Daemon Plague Toads of Nurgle progressing nicely I think.

Sorry if the photos are bad quality, I'm using my phone.

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

The green looks amazing any plans for the bases? 

On 03/01/2017 at 3:23 PM, RuneBrush said:

No pics for me yet, but I am making progress.  I've got 35 skeleton legs and torso's glued to their bases, with another five on the way (leaving ten to do for regular skeletons).  My intention is to get everything assembled and then crack into the painting all at the same time.  I'm not actually doing this lot at home, so not had quite as much time working on it than I otherwise might have :)

Managed to snap a pic yesterday evening!  I've also started tidying up the next set of legs (doing them in batches of 5).  Looking forward to getting onto something other than legs and torsos soon...

20170104_205524.jpg

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

The green looks amazing any plans for the bases? 

Thank you!  For the bases I'm going to be using spots of heavily applied Agrellan Badlands to create small little islands, and then use a very liberal coating of Nurgle's Rot for a putrid swamp aesthetic.

14 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Love that Slaanesh stuff, how did you get those bases to be so amazing?

Thanks!

For the bases I used a free 3D modelling program (Tinkercad). I found a customisable bumpy ground texture kind of shape, which has a slider to randomise the pattern. I then cut out circles/ovals of the appropriate size to fit on top of a base and 3D printed them. However because of the limited height (4mm at the highest point) and the resolution of my printer the smooth bumps from the virtual shape became sort of obvious, discrete layers in the printed result. Hence the sort of map contour effect.

I like the texture a lot and feel it represents 'chaos' quite well. The colouring was a liberal wash of Drakenhoff Nightshade followed by a thinner wash of Thraka Green (gonna have to replace that soon with one of the new large pots) concentrated around the tops of bumps. To finish I then applied another liberal wash of Nightshade.

Loving the sudden influx of Nurgle in this thread, it's great to see what everyone else is up to!

11 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Those ard boyz look ace, how are you weathering them?

its a simple cocktail of ryza rust and typhus corrosion(pics its 2:1, but you have to play around for the shade you want), and a dash of black.  Afterward, a quick drybrush of leadblecher as you see fit. 

Here's my progress to date on the Wanderers. Quite a bit of this was done a few months back but I've gone back over it with some highlights. I've also started converting Orion (nabbed the body off eBay on the cheap but no arms, quiver, bow etc) - I'm planning to use the bow and spear from a Kurnoth hunter instead.  IMG_3704.JPG

Next up, the Waywatcher and Spellsinger. I've run out of the usual clump foliage for basing but should be getting stuff through the post soon. I figure I'll use the spite as a mystic shield marker!

And finally the glade guard. I only have 6 of these, so I need to buy a few boxes to fill it all out.

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3706.JPG

Howdy Folks, this is my Mousillon themed Undead list so far!

10 Skeleton Warriors

1 Wight King

1 Black knight

And there is also the first of my grave guard in there too hiding in the back.

Still needs a tad tiding up here and there, plus I need to work on my green stuff but they look OK from a distance at least!

Black Knight1.jpg

Skeletons1.jpg

Skeletons2.jpg

Wight1.jpg

Wight2.jpg

2 hours ago, Routasydän said:

Whats on the left behind the dark elves @Sleboda ?

Aint that more like 2k of Sylvaneth? ? 

Actually, yeah.   With four treedudes, drycha, 30+ dryads, 12 hunters, 20 revenants, and 2 branchies, it's gotta be at least 2k.

The Daughters are more than 1k too. 10 warlocks, 30 witch/whippies, shrine, and hag.

Only need 1k of each to start, though. 

Is it too late to jump on board? Ive organized and started a few months ago for my club a Tale of X Warlords for AoS.

It has been pretty successful. But my progress will need to be more than the outline for it which will be done in a month, because I NEED to get my Death Grand Alliance army and a display board (never ever did one before as this is my first tourney!) for Adepticon this March.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Archived