Black Library AOS Books

Bladestorm was a pretty solid read. It's Stormcast fluff, but Thostos is a lot of fun. And all of this stuff is clearly building towards the global campaign/next step in teh Realmgate Wars. They keep mentioning the planned attack on the allpoints.

• 1 month later...

Ignore my avatar I have to recommend the audio drama's and the mortarch of night novel. Since I have listened to the audio drama I have to give the book my stamp of approval death fans interested in the situation with nagash and his thoughts should pick it up. 

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Ignore my avatar I have to recommend the audio drama's and the mortarch of night novel. Since I have listened to the audio drama I have to give the book my stamp of approval death fans interested in the situation with nagash and his thoughts should pick it up. 

Yeah really enjoyed the audio dramas too. My first audio books and took a bit of getting used too (my wife also took the ****** outta me when she heard what I was listening too) but well worth it and really helped when painting my minis!

2 minutes ago, Roostmanuva said:

Yeah really enjoyed the audio dramas too. My first audio books and took a bit of getting used too (my wife also took the ****** outta me when she heard what I was listening too) but well worth it and really helped when painting my minis!

Yeah the guy who voices nagash does a killer job and the writing josh does for him and the characters of the audio drama is awesome. 

9 hours ago, Roostmanuva said:

I've read and listened to quite a lot of the AOS books, but I have to say the highlight so far is The Fury of Gork. A really fun read and one I'd recommend for sure!

OK, ****** it, Ben can take this off it need be ;) Thursday or maybe Friday morn for UK people I will be drawing a winner on Combat Phase for ep 153 to win a signed copy of Fury of Gork from Josh Reynolds as it seems to be consistently in the top acclaimed. All you need do, and thanks for spreading the word, is burn the 4 or 5 calories to ping us www.combatphase.com/ping-us/ and type your name and favorite AoS story for fic (novel or short story or novella in a collection). That's literally it. Done. Guys in local GW did it in under 10 seconds:) Free signed book, free shipping...what's not to love? B|

edit: wow, that filter took out scr*w

• 6 months later...
OOO, interviewed almost everyone here for every book. Nice. Can't wait for more BL books like City of Secrets as AoS new story arc develops. Thanks for  posting this [mention=96]LunarLizard[/mention]

I try to keep it up to date but it's sometimes hard to keep up with all the releases

Let me know if you want anything added or changed [emoji3]

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand there is a reading order for the Realmgate Wars which has already beeen covered. However, if I want to venture into any of the other novels (such as Plague Garden), is there a specific reading order or are they all self-contained stories? Obviously there are some that are going to be mini-series such as Hallowed Knights, etc.

On 24/12/2017 at 12:52 PM, cannymalavera said:

I understand there is a reading order for the Realmgate Wars which has already beeen covered. However, if I want to venture into any of the other novels (such as Plague Garden), is there a specific reading order or are they all self-contained stories? Obviously there are some that are going to be mini-series such as Hallowed Knights, etc.

Plague Garden builds on events in the Realmgate Wars stuff featuring the Hallowed Knights. It's basically just continuing the story of Gardus and co., so while PG is self-contained, it's a better book if you've read the other stuff. 

Eight Lamentations: Spear of Shadows is the start of a new series, with new characters, so you don't really need anything else. The same with Overlords of the Iron Dragon. Speaking as the author of the former, I actually think Overlords is the better read, if you're looking for something self-contained. 

The Legends of the Age of Sigmar books are all self-contained, as well. City of Secrets, Black Rift and Skaven Pestilens are all novels, while Fyreslayers and Sylvaneth are anthologies, containing four stories apiece. 

My suggested chronology is thuswise:

• Realmgate Wars 1-3
  • Black Rift
  • Fyreslayers
  • Realmgate Wars 4-5
  • Skaven Pestilens
  • Realmgate Wars 6-10
  • Sylvaneth
  • Plague Garden
  • City of Secrets
  • Spear of Shadows
  • Overlords of the Iron Dragon

1 hour ago, Sete said:

Just read Nagash the undying king and enjoyed it.

We need a section to talk about books on the forum.

Do we have one?

No. We dont I have been using this section of the forum.  I have been working on a few posts for Black Libary stuff one got the one up at the moment, but it would be great if you wanted to start a thread with the same style (

) I want one for every AOS book eventually. 

17 hours ago, Mayple said:

Anyone know of any Age of Sigmar books that feature Skaven? Not counting the Pestilens novel ;)

In 'call to archaon' the pestilence plays a minor role in the nurgle storyline. I think it's also available as a short story. 

17 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Maybe over Christmas I'll make a chronological release list of all the black library books as there are loads of short ones missing from the list

Attached is a copy and paste job I pulled from Goodreads, i.e. here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/invite/180883-the-mortal-realms-of-the-age-of-sigmar?invite_key=f015d0a1813a8866be8b46ac01ad9363ba04354e&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copypastegroup

Black Library.xlsx

• 1 month later...

Archived