Asheater Tribe, a Destruction blog

Arael

Hi all!

So....i have fall in love with the Ironjaw and decided to Start a Destruction army, i thought that keeping a blog will make me more motivated in painting and converting this army ^^

The color scheme as u could have understand from the title is the one for the asheater tribe , i will mainly use ironjawz and bonesplitter maybe with some monster

so less chat and more photo!

the inspiring leader, i cannot Start a new army w/o converting a charismatic leader ^^:

image.jpg

image.jpg

following some Wip brutes, just the basic color and some ink , still have to finish all the armor Leather etc:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

and to finish a very very wip troll hag or giant conversion :

image.jpg

image.jpg

hope u've liked what u've seen, cya for more update :)

Btw: comments critics and suggestion always welcomed ^^

4 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Thrall, with ashbringer? Heresy! Nah that's some awesome converting definitely eager to see more of your greenstuff work!

Ahahah ;) yep i thought that Ashbringer will fit well with the Asheater tribe, happy that is recognisable

3 hours ago, Ademo said:

Oh wow, that hag/giant is going to look amazing! Though it does look very muscled at the minute, any plans for a belly and some...'saggy' bits?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Na i think it will remain musclelous, i started the conversion cause i dont like saggy ****** and round belly ^^' 

I'm still wondering what to add, i thought of adding fur , tabard and scrap of tissue here and there, maybe some armor, but I'm really open to suggestion, the giant conversion is in standby waiting for ispiration

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Inspired Warboss, wow. I'm looking forward to seeing what the giant turns into, the Bloodthirster looks almost unrecognisable atm!

Thank's for the comment ^^

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Good looking Orruks you've got going on.

What the head on your warboss? I can't quite pick out which one it is. Savage orruk?

Yep its the bonesplitterz Champion head, the one with ponytail and scar over one eye

tnk for the comment ^^

I've begin to assemble the bone splitter part of the list, to give a sense of unity I've done a mold of ironjawz shoulder armor , and I'm making copy of them to add to one shoulder of the savage orruk so they have a link in shape and color to their armored cousin.

ill post some pics later!

10 hours ago, GreenMarine said:

Haha, that is a FANTASTIC conversion. Super excited to see how it turns out when painted.

Tnk u very much ^^

now as i've promised the attempt at giving something to my bonesplitterz to link them to their greater cousins ,the ironjawz.

the shoulder armor seem to fit quite well to me ,but I'm accepting suggestion.

the original and the mold side to side:

image.jpg

and the copy applied to a bonesplitter:

image.jpg

image.jpg

hope u like it ^^

Looking good! Honestly hard to critique due to photo quality, but I would suggest an agrax wash, or a half agrax half medium wash on the weapons. I like to graduate it, becoming a stronger wash towards the hilt to show dirt build up away from the frequently used edges. Also a drybrush off the edges to look like scratching.

On 26 ottobre 2016 at 4:04 PM, Soulsmith said:

Looking good! Honestly hard to critique due to photo quality, but I would suggest an agrax wash, or a half agrax half medium wash on the weapons. I like to graduate it, becoming a stronger wash towards the hilt to show dirt build up away from the frequently used edges. Also a drybrush off the edges to look like scratching.

Done a wash with null oil and an highlight with leadbelcher,but it's quite invisible with this photo ^^'

tnk for comment anyway !

On 26 ottobre 2016 at 5:57 PM, Payce said:

A fellow Blizzard aficionado, bash'a no falor thala!

Love the Thrall, really excited to see him painted. Great work on the conversion.

Lok'tar ogar! And tnk for the comment ^^

anyway new update, bases done,blood on weapon added and last highlight on the skin done,the brutes are finished ^^

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

comments welcome ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice Stone Horn!

I would however try to find a bigger head, or sculpt one for the orc. The size difference between the hands and the head is too large, even for fantasy characters like that. I think it is also emphasized by the fact that the stonehorn's head is so large compared to its body. If you cannot do either, consider bulking it up with an ironjaw, beard, hair, or something else to make the head seem more proportionate to the massive body and hands.

That's awesome! What bits did you use to create that stonehorn? I see some bloodthirster bits in there, but I can't place the torso.

Also, I like the fact that head isn't proportional to the hands. I think it fits perfectly with a WoW aesthetic and also implies he is a mindless, hulking brute.

I can't wait to see some of these guys painted up!

18 hours ago, Cinncinnatus said:

That's awesome! What bits did you use to create that stonehorn? I see some bloodthirster bits in there, but I can't place the torso.

Also, I like the fact that head isn't proportional to the hands. I think it fits perfectly with a WoW aesthetic and also implies he is a mindless, hulking brute.

I can't wait to see some of these guys painted up!

19 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Nice Stone Horn!

I would however try to find a bigger head, or sculpt one for the orc. The size difference between the hands and the head is too large, even for fantasy characters like that. I think it is also emphasized by the fact that the stonehorn's head is so large compared to its body. If you cannot do either, consider bulking it up with an ironjaw, beard, hair, or something else to make the head seem more proportionate to the massive body and hands.

Tnk for The comment!

The body of the orruk come from The minotaur set.

Yep The Head is a bit Small But as cincinnatus sad its made this Way to Make more evident how much brutish this boy is ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived